Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 21:54   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
That is market redefining pricing indeed. Here Im thinking of every trick in the book to convince the missus to let me book a silver Interceptor!
Even before we got engaged, I remember talking about cars and bikes to my (then) fiance just to make my intentions loud and clear before she gave her nod. The conversation went something like this...

Me: I am saving up for a bike, which I am pretty sure I would buy in future
Her: Oh nice, which one?
Me: A Royal Enfield
Her: Ah, one of my friends has one Thunderbolt or something, I think it is too noisy, why do you like it?
Me: Erm, that's a Thunderbird, and I am not buying that I am waiting for them to launch a bike.
Her: Oh, they haven't even launched it? How do you know about it then?
Me: Well, there are news about RE working on that bike, and I am already saving up for that bike
Her: Have you seen the bike? How much do those bikes cost, I really have no idea about automobiles.
Me: No, no one has seen it yet. I expect the bike to cost about 4 lakhs.
Her: WHAT?? That is more expensive than cars right? Why so much for a bike? Will you sell the two bikes you already have? I thought RE would be about a lakh or so, never imagined they would be so expensive. My God...
Me: Listen listen, that is a twin-cylinder bike, about 750cc, so it would be expensive. And that IS a huge dream for me, and I am already saving up for that bike. No, I WILL NOT sell my car or my bikes, it will be an addition to my garage. If you do not like me spending on automobiles, then I think it might not work out between us, so please think about all these things before you give your commitment...

The discussion went on about other topics, the engagement and the wedding went on too (exactly 3 years ago, tomorrow ) Since then, my wife has asked this question too many times "So, any news about your bike?" and I haven't had a proper answer for that yet. I hope at least next month I can reply to her question. At least then she will stop complaining that I never respond to her questions properly
aravind.anand is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 23:22   #467
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Quote:
silver Interceptor!
Good Luck!! I have my eyes on the white GT. But I'm pretty sure that my better half won't let me even look at my cheque book with that intention anytime soon.

Quote:
To my knowledge, the rides were for dealers and Royal Enfield sales managers.
Was not aware about that.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 19:17   #468
BHPian

As the release date is nearing, I see that the thread has become very quiet. I'm assuming, there are no new leaks/spies of the twins just before the official launch. I also wonder, is Mahindra trying to spoil RE's big day by announcing Jawa unveiling on 15th?

P.S: Before I get battered by Jawa fans, I'm eagerly waiting for that launch too. Although I don't intend to own one, I'm curious to know how successful Mahindra will be in restoring the golden days.
Old 5th November 2018, 19:22   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
P.S: Before I get battered by Jawa fans, I'm eagerly waiting for that launch too. Although I don't intend to own one, I'm curious to know how successful Mahindra will be in restoring the golden days.
Here is your answer. Image courtesy nasirkaka.

The Royal Enfield Interceptor & Continental 650. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 2.50 - 2.65 lakhs-img20181105wa0000.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2018 at 15:20. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 19:24   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post

Here is your answer.

Attachment 1815378
Old 5th November 2018, 19:25   #471
Team-BHP Support

Both are different products - the Jawa and the Interceptor 650, and should be priced differently as well.
Old 5th November 2018, 23:24   #472
Senior - BHPian

I called up three different dealers to check if I book an Interceptor, unfortunately all three of them turned my request down. They clearly say bookings will be taken only after November 14th, and they promptly took my contact details. One of the dealers said he is expecting a display bike by November 15th or 16th, and though unsure of letting me ride because of registration formalities, the salesman told me he would invite me over to have a feel of the bike and then decide about booking it.

Compared to the experiences I have had with salesmen when dealing with a booking of a product that is yet to be launched, I think Royal Enfield fared better than Honda, Hyundai and few other car dealerships I have encountered
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 01:59   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Here is your answer.
Woah! That's a nice looking motorcycle. Launch becomes even more interesting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Both are different products - the Jawa and the Interceptor 650, and should be priced differently as well.
I totally understand the fact that they are both different segments. What I meant was, it's big events for both companies. While one is becoming more relevant in global market of mid-size segment motorcycles with brand new twins, other one is marking it's come back in India.

Given how these two had their own cult following in India (also Europe?) back in the day, my comment was in the context of companies rather than motorcycles.
LazyGunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 14:19   #474
BHPian

Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder en...

Ask and thou shalt receive. A blogger gets a chance to take a quick ride on the Interceptor650 and shares his opinions:

http://therightwrong.blogspot.com/20...view-from.html

Last edited by rideon74 : 6th November 2018 at 14:22.
rideon74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 15:01   #475
Senior - BHPian

Brahma motors, Pune will be revealing the twins on the 14th of this month, received an Invite.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 22:17   #476
BHPian

I booked an interceptor today. Got official invitation for launch event on 14th.
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 22:30   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
I booked an interceptor today. Got official invitation for launch event on 14th.
Hey, which dealer was this ? I was told bookings weren't open ! Could you please share the details and your sales rep name?
Old 7th November 2018, 11:04   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hey, which dealer was this ? I was told bookings weren't open ! Could you please share the details and your sales rep name?
Accelerate Motors in Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 10:30   #479
BHPian

Technically any booking today is just an understanding with a dealer that they will conversation the 5000 into the 650 account, the day the booking opens.
There are 3 variants of the Interceptor
Chrome.
Dual-colour
Single Colour.
All this will have to be given at the time of the official booking

Last edited by Hammer & Anvil : 11th November 2018 at 10:31. Reason: Model added.
Old 11th November 2018, 17:22   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Technically any booking today is just an understanding with a dealer that they will conversation the 5000 into the 650 account, the day the booking opens.
There are 3 variants of the Interceptor
Chrome.
Dual-colour
Single Colour.
All this will have to be given at the time of the official booking

Any idea how much will the pricing differ by variant? I was quite surprised by the premium charged for chrome variant in the US market. Hope the price difference is more reasonable in our market..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks