Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 23:29   #301
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
People need to stop calling the XPulse an ADV tourer, because it's not. So many enthusiasts are calling it a budget ADV, and this makes me realise that our market still isn't ready for proper off road bikes.
I think 'transroader' is the right word for it instead. It's nowhere a sports bike. It still uses an overbored engine with the age old CBZ/Unicorn architecture.
Old 4th March 2020, 23:33   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
I think 'transroader' is the right word for it instead. It's nowhere a sports bike. It still uses an overbored engine with the age old CBZ/Unicorn architecture.
A dual sport has nothing to do with a sport-bike, just like SUVs (Sport Utility Vehicles).

The term simply means a dual-purpose bike, or a road-legal dirt bike. This just proves the point that I made in the previous post.

It's a whole separate genre of riding. Here's a video by one of the most influential dual sport ambassadors.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 4th March 2020 at 23:37.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 01:34   #303
BHPian

There was a discussion on this somewhere around here. IIRC, the conclusion was: adventure bike, dualsport, transroader... these are all just words made up by marketing teams and pretty much interchangeable.

I agree, dual sport would not be a good name to call a bike that doesn't have sporty intentions either on or off road, but whats an accurate alternative? Dual Commuter?

Adventure bike would be even more vague, because technically, even a TVS XL could be an adventure bike for someone inclined to take it exploring or something.

I guess "dual purpose" would be the best description, but that's not hot enough for the marketing people.

It's just that "adv bike" and "dualsport" tend to be most commonly used in teh international market, and it's convenient to call them by those names. It's easier to refer to more dirt biased bikes as dual sports and more road biased bikes as adv bikes because that tends to separate them by their design intentions adequately, though there is an appreciable bit of crossover between the both.

But I actually hate the word "transroader" coined by Hero. Makes a lot less sense than either dualsport or adventure bike.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:39   #304
BHPian

Mods, I think it's time to move to a new thread here as well, just like the 390 Adventure. We have quite a few owners on board now, and we should see more interesting discussions like the Rally Kit in the future. People who have not participated in this thread are finding it difficult to find a thread for the XPulse.
Quote:
Unable to find a pertinent Xpulse 200 thread on the forum
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 6th March 2020 at 17:40.
Old 7th March 2020, 20:45   #305
BHPian

Here's an update to the ABS issue:

The video is in Bengali, but I will translate and provide a gist. There is an ongoing recall apparently, and they are replacing the MiniMAB for free as long as warranty is there.

I am really confused here, and a bit agitated. Hero should have been proactively reaching out to customers. My bike is 360kms old, and I have faced this issue only a couple of times, including today. It has not been life-threatening like others. I don't know if my bike has the new unit or the older one, but I haven't really ridden in congested areas where this problem is the most pertinent. What makes matters worse is the dealership where I got the bike from, and I don't know if the one in my hometown will be any better, given the fact that they don't really sell XPulses here.

Help, please.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 20:47   #306
Senior - BHPian

Came across this vlog. Engine opened in 2700kms. Skip to 8:30 mins for the actual problem. Scary

Source: NatureMoto99
Old 7th March 2020, 21:03   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Came across this vlog. Engine opened in 2700kms. Skip to 8:30 mins for the actual problem. Scary

Source: NatureMoto99
It has been discussed earlier on this thread. There was a lack of quality control initially, with other problems like ill-adjusted tapets and stuff. It has mostly been solved, so I don't think we should worry anymore. This one, however, is a one-off case.

Naturemoto's bike was fixed under warranty, and a lot of parts were replaced. Here are the update videos:

Neel
Old 8th March 2020, 12:43   #308
BHPian

Quote:
There is an ongoing recall apparently, and they are replacing the MiniMAB for free as long as warranty is there.
I need to check this with the dealer tomorrow. As a matter of fact, I visited the dealership yesterday itself to inquire about the rally kit and all I got was “no details on it until the month of April.”

Quote:
Hero should have been proactively reaching out to customers.
Won’t be surprised if they aren’t, the same ABS issue lies with the Xtreme siblings as well. The service center guys are ignorant enough to say that “it’s a feature that activates the ABS system” whereas it feels more like a reboot (don’t know if that’s the right word) and definitely not an activation of any sort.

Quote:
I have faced this issue only a couple of times, including today. It has not been life-threatening like others.
I have faced this issue so many times that I have lost count now. Half the roads in Nagpur are being reconstructed so there are a lot of undulations starting right at the front gate. In fact, I face this issue at least thrice every single day. I think it has become more frequent after the first service but maybe it’s just my way of riding that has changed. Agreed it’s not life threatening as such but if one uses the front brake way more than the rear like I do, then it’s really annoying to feel the lever pulsating and having to fully rely on the rear brake until the lever resumes to normal. If the news about MiniMAB unit replacement is indeed true, it seems to be a way better solution than removing the corresponding fuse etc.

And that brings me to this - It’s been a few months now that I’m trying to compile an ownership review but the lack of time means it hasn’t been completed yet. So BHPians, meet Artemis (alongside Despoine, discussed elsewhere on the forum), acquired on 16th October 2019 and nearing the second service. This is the third delivery from the first lot and still remains the only white one in Orange City.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img4746.jpg

Quote:
I don't know if my bike has the new unit or the older one,
Not sure what that means, I’m not aware of two separate units. Does the Bengali guy in the video mention this?

EDIT: Oh, the MiniMAB unit... I don't think it'll be the new one as that would've been replaced on the Xtreme siblings as well then, which is not the case yet.

Quote:
What makes matters worse is the dealership where I got the bike from, and I don't know if the one in my hometown will be any better, given the fact that they don't really sell XPulses here.
As your bike is nearing its first service, I think you should check with both the dealerships regarding the recall - replacement and possibly get it done along with the service. As for the quality of work, the Xpulse is a fairly simple motorcycle to work upon so that shouldn’t be much of an issue but I’ll still suggest getting it done at the dealership from where you bought it in the first place.

Last edited by VR/46_Chet : 8th March 2020 at 12:50. Reason: mentioned in the post
VR/46_Chet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 17:42   #309
BHPian

Meanwhile Hero Motors is asking for user details on twitter for people facing the ABS issue. Please check this out and do make sure you report your grievance. Crossposting from my ownership thread (My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust)
antihero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 19:53   #310
BHPian

Wow. Things are escalating really, really fast now.

https://www.change.org/p/hero-xpulse...-hero-motocorp

Quoting from the petition page:
Quote:
Many of the Hero Xpulse owners are facing following issues:

Bad engine tappet setting
Rusty rims and spokes
Bad quality Chain sptocket set
Faulty ABS MAB unit
No supply of spares
However, the dealer or service agencies are telling us that your Bike is absolutely fine without even checking it. We request Hero MotoCorp to provide enough support to the Xpulse owners and solve these issues by recalling them and provide spares at least at Major dealership.

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 10th March 2020 at 19:54.
Old 10th March 2020, 20:34   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Things are escalating really, really fast now.

Quoting from the petition page:
ABS problem is the biggest one for sure. It is an example of bad engineering/ implementation. I wonder whosoever approved it, ever took the bike to roads. Other are quality/ workmanship issues. Hero Motors, better wake up now.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 21:45   #312
BHPian

What does a blinking ABS light indicate when the engine is running?
Is that normal or is there a problem with the ABS unit?
Old 13th March 2020, 22:36   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
What does a blinking ABS light indicate when the engine is running? Is that normal or is there a problem with the ABS unit?
All ABS units run self-diagnostics until a certain speed is attained and so the ABS light keeps blinking (5kmph for the XPulse). If it keeps blinking beyond that speed, it means that there's a problem with its functioning, otherwise it's completely normal.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 22:41   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
All ABS units run self-diagnostics until a certain speed is attained and so the ABS light keeps blinking (5kmph for the XPulse). If it keeps blinking beyond that speed, it means that there's a problem with its functioning, otherwise it's completely normal.
Thanks for the Swift response
A little background as to why the question came in. Was looking for an Xpulse For my 50 kms a day office ride which currently I'm doing in a Vento.
With all the stocks over, I'm getting a pre owned 4 month old 3000 kms done bike for 95 thousand bucks.
Had gone for a test ride and the deal will be closed tomorrow finally.
Would you give me any tips as to what things do I need to look for in the bike
TheRajput is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 08:42   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Thanks for the Swift response
A little background as to why the question came in. Was looking for an Xpulse For my 50 kms a day office ride which currently I'm doing in a Vento.
With all the stocks over, I'm getting a pre owned 4 month old 3000 kms done bike for 95 thousand bucks.
Had gone for a test ride and the deal will be closed tomorrow finally.
Would you give me any tips as to what things do I need to look for in the bike
3000 kms is pretty much a new bike unless it has met some accident. Get it checked at a service center and look for accidental damages, if any. Also check with service center if they are doing a recall for ABS issue before ownership transfer, just to be sure. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks