Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2020, 11:02   #346
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
1) Get the ABS unit changed if you haven't yet. It's been 3 months since I changed it and by now I had almost forgotten that there was this brake issue that existed, until today when I visited the service center and immediately got asked whether the new unit has helped or not. It has.
Can you please share a pic of the changed unit, if possible? My service center here still has no idea about any change. Thanks.
Old 29th June 2020, 10:02   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Can you please share a pic of the changed unit, if possible?
I already have, check post #325 (Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200).
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 14:29   #348
BHPian

A few days back, I was out to get a leatherette seat cover made when the thought of flattening the stock seat crossed my mind. Went ahead and added 2 inches of foam to the front portion of the seat. I did not add any to the rear as A) It would have raised the height by another 1" and B) I do not ride with a pillion 9 out of 10 times.

The job was done within 20 minutes and the workmanship was not really perfect as you can see. But it feels very comfortable and I don't mind keeping this setup until I can get my hands on the seat included with the rally kit. That one costs INR 2000/- and this one was executed in 1/5th of that price. Maneuvering the bike has improved and the next thing would be to add handlebar risers. There are a few in the market but again I might just wait for the ones included with the rally kit (40mm, INR 850/-).

Lastly, there's more wind blast with this obviously but I'm not complaining (yet). Sorry for poor quality pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20200701124037m.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img2020070112424101m.jpg  

Old 4th July 2020, 17:09   #349
BHPian

Is the rally kit available at your location? I checked a few showrooms here and it doesn't seem to be available yet.
Old 4th July 2020, 20:49   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Is the rally kit available at your location?
No it's not and I'm told it's not available anywhere in MH yet. I'm just hoping to get a few parts off it as and when possible. Not sure what games Hero is playing as the kit was factory fitted to motorcycles that belonged to those connected to the rallying scene, there's not even basic information about it with the dealers. One sales guy told me I'll have to go to Delhi to try it (this was before lockdown) and that was funny. I'll refrain from going for the full kit unless I've tried it properly but no harm in trying bits like the seat / risers etc., that is if they can be made available.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there's no news as such of BS6 launch yet there are videos on IG of multiple deliveries and this particular one shows nearly 25 units stock. All Hero has done is update the website.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCGMQKIpPAs/
Old 4th July 2020, 21:40   #351
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't stop myself from posting these. The white one is my personal bike. Not a commercial post this one.

We got 7 kits. All paid for in advance. If you want the kit you'll have to ask your dealer to place an order with an advance. Covid obviously has had its effects everywhere.
The kit is a wonderful piece of equipment. The suspension is damping adjustable. Rear also has preload adjustment. Rest of the items are made up of great build quality. You can see how the bike sizes up to my GS.
Not a commercial post but a genuine biker post from a biker who is happy with his kitted Xpulse.
It's become that one special offroad bike we always wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20200702_191128.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-bike-1.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-bike-10.jpeg  

navpreet318 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 22:45   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
If you want the kit you'll have to ask your dealer to place an order with an advance. Covid obviously has had its effects everywhere.
The kit is a wonderful piece of equipment. The suspension is damping adjustable. Rear also has preload adjustment. Rest of the items are made up of great build quality.
Have you been able to test it out?

I'm just interested in the suspension.
Old 4th July 2020, 22:52   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you been able to test it out?

I'm just interested in the suspension.
Yes I have been trying to ride it around a bit. Let me know your specific queries.
Old 4th July 2020, 23:22   #354
BHPian

How big of an improvement is it over the standard suspension (aside from the benefit of adjustability and increased ground clearance)?

How stiff is it under standard settings?

Did you have it fitted at the showroom?

Since this one's taller, any effect on the brake line?

As I understand, it's 25k for the set. Would you say the performance feels worth the price?

Do you happen to know if the front and rear are available separately?

Do the gaiters come with the kit?

----

And just out of curiosity, what do you plan to do with the old parts?

Last edited by drt_rdr : 4th July 2020 at 23:28.
Old 5th July 2020, 05:35   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How big of an improvement is it over the standard suspension (aside from the benefit of adjustability and increased ground clearance)?

How stiff is it under standard settings?

Did you have it fitted at the showroom?

Since this one's taller, any effect on the brake line?

As I understand, it's 25k for the set. Would you say the performance feels worth the price?

Do you happen to know if the front and rear are available separately?

Do the gaiters come with the kit?

----

And just out of curiosity, what do you plan to do with the old parts?
Ok. First off I'll clarify that I'm a Hero Dealer, so I'll try to keep this as much objective as possible.

1. The benefit of the suspension is the adjustability and increased travel. That is the USP. For offroading, especially what one would be doing on an xpulse that would be the primary concern. One wouldn't be doing a rally like Dakar where fine tuned WP or Ohlins suspensions are used. For the kind of stuff we'd do in India, these two are the primary concern.

2. Stiffness is good. My primary gripe with the standard suspension was that that with my punjabi weight, there was a lot of sag. I dont see it sag that much now.

3. Yes my dealership boys did it for me and the other 6 customers. For warranty continuity I'd suggest the same for any vehicle.

4. No effect on the cables or brake lines if used with standard components like handlebar. I use a wider aftermarket handlebar so had to remove the risers.

5. Pricing and value for money part I'd refrain from answering as that is a personal preference for each individual.

6. As of right now however much I tried, no parts came in separately. Maybe in some time once things streamline with covid effect coming down, they will be. But I'd suggest not doing it separately as the increase in suspension travel is substantial and would seriously harm the geometry of the bike if not done together.

7. Yes the longer gaiters come with the kit.

8. No idea as of now. They're just lying in the kit box.

Hope those answers clarified some bit.
navpreet318 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 07:09   #356
BHPian

Sorry for the off topic post.
I simply love the new led headlamp of the xpulse, can this be fixed on a bullet? As in replace stock reflector and glass with this unit. Are they of the same size? Any information on this will be highly useful for me.

Thanks a lot

SS80 (Anand N)
Old 5th July 2020, 09:24   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Yes I have been trying to ride it around a bit. Let me know your specific queries.
This bike in this configuration with a slightly more powerful engine and a slicker gear box will be the bike to have, anywhere anytime.

And you sitting in doon...the lap of the Himalayas. I will make it a point to hook up with you and a few other member who live around there on my next enduro trip.

Have a great time man and do post pictures of your offroad exploits with this bike. That won't break any rules here
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 16:30   #358
BHPian

@navpreet318: Much thanks for the straightforward and detailed response. I'll have to go check again at the local dealerships if they can place an order for me.

I'd appreciate any news on this from anyone living in bangalore.
Old 5th July 2020, 16:37   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@navpreet318: Much thanks for the straightforward and detailed response. I'll have to go check again at the local dealerships if they can place an order for me.

I'd appreciate any news on this from anyone living in bangalore.
Sai motors, banashankari. Go meet the spares in charge in person (no phone calls if he doesn't know you) and place an order with a small advance and receipt. He will then place an order for you and get it down.

My experience dealing with him has been good, straight forward guy. His name is Srimant.

Sai hero is the master dealer/stockist in Karnataka.

They also launched the rally kit recently on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CBanE2Yg...d=o0e1cxca8f15
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:30   #360
BHPian

I have a query regarding XPulse, is there anyway to reduce the height of that up swept exhaust ?

What I am really looking forward to is a bike I can enjoy on trails at the same time I can take it out on tour also with a pillion. Xpulse is generally fitting the bill, I can cope up with the lesser power and use float seats for comfort however that extremely up swept exhaust is holding me back as using any saddle stay will cause the bags to come out more on one side. I know Xpulse 200T is actually an attempt to solve that specific problem but it looses on off road prowess as well. Only real option coming out for me is Himalayan but it's some price brackets too far and that weight factor also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks