Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 3rd June 2021, 23:17   #571
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Guys, what's the engine oil quantity required in BS6 version after opening right side Crank case?

Got 3rd service done, but the service center filled 1170ml, but as per manual 1360ml oil is to be filled if engine is opened and 1170ml if Crank case not opened. It's confusing whether opening the right Crank case is considered as the engine being opened.

Regards,
DevOnWheels.
Nothing to break your head over. As long as there's enough oil going by the dip-stick all is well.

All things considered 200~300ml more or less won't make a considerable difference as your oil pump feed is at the base of your case.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 10:21   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
...Unfortunately there is absolutely zero info available on this kit in terms of dyno graphs. I spoke to the owner as well and honestly didn't get much beyond "you'll see a huge gain". Seat of the pants feedback from the owners says that the mid range is very strong. Since these haven't been around for too long, reliability is unknown. Again hearsay but results in that respect are patchy, with many in Bangalore needing a top end rebuild
My own experience with these big bore kits has been a mixed bag. Had a 2012 impulse into which I plonked a 185cc kit from Race concepts in 2015, along with a simota "performance" air filter. Removed the catcon too. That made a tremendous difference to the bike. While the top speed just went from 100 to 110, the acceleration was immensely improved, even up mountain roads and made for exhilarating traffic light sprints.
That unit conked off in 2020, when it apparently had a pump failure and the entire unit failed with the piston disintegrated, the sleeve damaged and even the connecting rod bent.
Eventually in winter of 2020, I put in the 65 mm kit from NMW. It was a disaster.
There was marginal, if at all, improvement. It always had starting troubles (major ones) and it would also smoke a lot while starting. It was this horrible experience that made me just sell it off for bottom dollar and buy the Xpulse. Otherwise, I had plans to put the Xpulse suspension and rims on it.
With my experience, I would prefer to keep the engine stock and probably just lose weight wherever I can, put in a high lift cam, replace with a lighter full system exhaust, get the headwork done, put in a performance air filter and a piggyback ECU; maybe even put in a bigger sprocket at the rear and see if I'm happy with the performance.
However if you have to have a bigger heart, go for it by all means. If you must, then you might as well. It's a pray and shoot thing though, in my opinion.
Personally , if it ever come to a point where I just can't resist the urge to go big bore, I would go for the Bandidos piston this time, simply because I have already tried out the other two. Like I said, it's essentially a gamble. May put a big grin on your face, or a big furrow on your brow.
KayEss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 20:13   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what's the engine oil quantity required in BS6 version after opening right side Crank case?

Got 3rd service done, but the service center filled 1170ml, but as per manual 1360ml oil is to be filled if engine is opened and 1170ml if Crank case not opened. It's confusing whether opening the right Crank case is considered as the engine being opened.

Regards,
DevOnWheels.
Yes, for BS6 Xpulse, the oil through the cooler lines drain out when you open the RH case. So, the refill intake is higher.

Filter #1 and #2 only can be accessed this way.

The SVC would have cleaned only #3 which explains the 1170ml fill.

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  91.9 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
My own experience with these big bore kits has been a mixed bag. Had a 2012 impulse into which I plonked a 185cc kit from Race concepts in 2015, along with a simota "performance" air filter. Removed the catcon too. That made a tremendous difference to the bike. While the top speed just went from 100 to 110, the acceleration was immensely improved, even up mountain roads and made for exhilarating traffic light sprints.
That unit conked off in 2020, when it apparently had a pump failure and the entire unit failed with the piston disintegrated, the sleeve damaged and even the connecting rod bent.
Eventually in winter of 2020, I put in the 65 mm kit from NMW. It was a disaster.
There was marginal, if at all, improvement. It always had starting troubles (major ones) and it would also smoke a lot while starting. It was this horrible experience that made me just sell it off for bottom dollar and buy the Xpulse. Otherwise, I had plans to put the Xpulse suspension and rims on it.
With my experience, I would prefer to keep the engine stock and probably just lose weight wherever I can, put in a high lift cam, replace with a lighter full system exhaust, get the headwork done, put in a performance air filter and a piggyback ECU; maybe even put in a bigger sprocket at the rear and see if I'm happy with the performance.
However if you have to have a bigger heart, go for it by all means. If you must, then you might as well. It's a pray and shoot thing though, in my opinion.
Personally , if it ever come to a point where I just can't resist the urge to go big bore, I would go for the Bandidos piston this time, simply because I have already tried out the other two. Like I said, it's essentially a gamble. May put a big grin on your face, or a big furrow on your brow.
Very well put KayEss Sir. You couldn't have summed it better.

I'm guilty of spending more time fixing stuff than riding.
The Impulse is in bits as we speak

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20210610_145153collage.jpg

BRT performance parts for Impulse:

Name:  Screenshot_20210611193554_2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  71.8 KB

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-screenshot_20210611193601_2.jpg

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  72.8 KB

Now available with resellers like Bandidos and Promoto Store to name a few.

Neither knowing the specs nor have used them personally, I'm least authoritative to comment on their performance

Thanks. God Bless.

Last edited by dj_666 : 11th June 2021 at 20:15.
dj_666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 20:33   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
Yes, for BS6 Xpulse, the oil through the cooler lines drain out when you open the RH case. So, the refill intake is higher.

Filter #1 and #2 only can be accessed this way.

The SVC would have cleaned only #3 which explains the 1170ml fill.

Attachment 2166576
Hi,

Thanks for the comment, but as mentioned in the very first sentence of my post, the right crank case cover was obviously opened.

Still for your better understanding the centrifugal filter(#1 in your post) and oil strainer(#2 in your post) was obviously cleaned and the picture no. #3 shared by you is just the drain screw and nothing is to be cleaned there other than a casual wipe..

So now back to my question, what's the oil quantity required if right crank case is removed considering the oil from the oil cooler and lines were drained out. 1170ml or 1360ml. Manual mentions 1170ml if crank case not removed and 1360ml if engine is opened. So whether removing the crankcase only can be considered as the engine bring opened?

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 11th June 2021, 21:39   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the comment, but as mentioned in the very first sentence of my post, the right crank case cover was obviously opened.

Still for your better understanding the centrifugal filter(#1 in your post) and oil strainer(#2 in your post) was obviously cleaned and the picture no. #3 shared by you is just the drain screw and nothing is to be cleaned there other than a casual wipe..

So now back to my question, what's the oil quantity required if right crank case is removed considering the oil from the oil cooler and lines were drained out. 1170ml or 1360ml. Manual mentions 1170ml if crank case not removed and 1360ml if engine is opened. So whether removing the crankcase only can be considered as the engine bring opened?

Regards,
DevOnWheels
As mentioned by Ashiwn Sir,
using the manufacturer spec as a guideline and relying on the dipstick works best.

In my case, the dipstick is at 80% having filled roughly 1.3L after scheduled maintenance.

Hope that clears out.
dj_666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 21:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
As mentioned by Ashiwn Sir,
using the manufacturer spec as a guideline and relying on the dipstick works best.

In my case, the dipstick is at 80% having filled roughly 1.3L after scheduled maintenance.

Hope that clears out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Nothing to break your head over. As long as there's enough oil going by the dip-stick all is well.

All things considered 200~300ml more or less won't make a considerable difference as your oil pump feed is at the base of your case.

Regards,
A.P.
Thanks a lot. Will check the dipstick and if required will get a top up done.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 15th June 2021, 21:24   #577
BHPian

Got delivery of my Xpulse yesterday at Pune. Looking forward to riding in the hills around Pune with the superb suspension setup.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-xpulse_img_20210614_152922.jpg
shajoshi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed