Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 23:17   #571
BANNED

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Guys, what's the engine oil quantity required in BS6 version after opening right side Crank case?

Got 3rd service done, but the service center filled 1170ml, but as per manual 1360ml oil is to be filled if engine is opened and 1170ml if Crank case not opened. It's confusing whether opening the right Crank case is considered as the engine being opened.

Regards,
DevOnWheels.
Nothing to break your head over. As long as there's enough oil going by the dip-stick all is well.

All things considered 200~300ml more or less won't make a considerable difference as your oil pump feed is at the base of your case.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 10:21   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
...Unfortunately there is absolutely zero info available on this kit in terms of dyno graphs. I spoke to the owner as well and honestly didn't get much beyond "you'll see a huge gain". Seat of the pants feedback from the owners says that the mid range is very strong. Since these haven't been around for too long, reliability is unknown. Again hearsay but results in that respect are patchy, with many in Bangalore needing a top end rebuild
My own experience with these big bore kits has been a mixed bag. Had a 2012 impulse into which I plonked a 185cc kit from Race concepts in 2015, along with a simota "performance" air filter. Removed the catcon too. That made a tremendous difference to the bike. While the top speed just went from 100 to 110, the acceleration was immensely improved, even up mountain roads and made for exhilarating traffic light sprints.
That unit conked off in 2020, when it apparently had a pump failure and the entire unit failed with the piston disintegrated, the sleeve damaged and even the connecting rod bent.
Eventually in winter of 2020, I put in the 65 mm kit from NMW. It was a disaster.
There was marginal, if at all, improvement. It always had starting troubles (major ones) and it would also smoke a lot while starting. It was this horrible experience that made me just sell it off for bottom dollar and buy the Xpulse. Otherwise, I had plans to put the Xpulse suspension and rims on it.
With my experience, I would prefer to keep the engine stock and probably just lose weight wherever I can, put in a high lift cam, replace with a lighter full system exhaust, get the headwork done, put in a performance air filter and a piggyback ECU; maybe even put in a bigger sprocket at the rear and see if I'm happy with the performance.
However if you have to have a bigger heart, go for it by all means. If you must, then you might as well. It's a pray and shoot thing though, in my opinion.
Personally , if it ever come to a point where I just can't resist the urge to go big bore, I would go for the Bandidos piston this time, simply because I have already tried out the other two. Like I said, it's essentially a gamble. May put a big grin on your face, or a big furrow on your brow.
KayEss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 20:13   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what's the engine oil quantity required in BS6 version after opening right side Crank case?

Got 3rd service done, but the service center filled 1170ml, but as per manual 1360ml oil is to be filled if engine is opened and 1170ml if Crank case not opened. It's confusing whether opening the right Crank case is considered as the engine being opened.

Regards,
DevOnWheels.
Yes, for BS6 Xpulse, the oil through the cooler lines drain out when you open the RH case. So, the refill intake is higher.

Filter #1 and #2 only can be accessed this way.

The SVC would have cleaned only #3 which explains the 1170ml fill.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-13.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
My own experience with these big bore kits has been a mixed bag. Had a 2012 impulse into which I plonked a 185cc kit from Race concepts in 2015, along with a simota "performance" air filter. Removed the catcon too. That made a tremendous difference to the bike. While the top speed just went from 100 to 110, the acceleration was immensely improved, even up mountain roads and made for exhilarating traffic light sprints.
That unit conked off in 2020, when it apparently had a pump failure and the entire unit failed with the piston disintegrated, the sleeve damaged and even the connecting rod bent.
Eventually in winter of 2020, I put in the 65 mm kit from NMW. It was a disaster.
There was marginal, if at all, improvement. It always had starting troubles (major ones) and it would also smoke a lot while starting. It was this horrible experience that made me just sell it off for bottom dollar and buy the Xpulse. Otherwise, I had plans to put the Xpulse suspension and rims on it.
With my experience, I would prefer to keep the engine stock and probably just lose weight wherever I can, put in a high lift cam, replace with a lighter full system exhaust, get the headwork done, put in a performance air filter and a piggyback ECU; maybe even put in a bigger sprocket at the rear and see if I'm happy with the performance.
However if you have to have a bigger heart, go for it by all means. If you must, then you might as well. It's a pray and shoot thing though, in my opinion.
Personally , if it ever come to a point where I just can't resist the urge to go big bore, I would go for the Bandidos piston this time, simply because I have already tried out the other two. Like I said, it's essentially a gamble. May put a big grin on your face, or a big furrow on your brow.
Very well put KayEss Sir. You couldn't have summed it better.

I'm guilty of spending more time fixing stuff than riding.
The Impulse is in bits as we speak

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20210610_145153collage.jpg

BRT performance parts for Impulse:

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-screenshot_20210611193554_2.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-screenshot_20210611193601_2.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-12.jpg

Now available with resellers like Bandidos and Promoto Store to name a few.

Neither knowing the specs nor have used them personally, I'm least authoritative to comment on their performance

Thanks. God Bless.

Last edited by dj_666 : 11th June 2021 at 20:15.
dj_666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 20:33   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
Yes, for BS6 Xpulse, the oil through the cooler lines drain out when you open the RH case. So, the refill intake is higher.

Filter #1 and #2 only can be accessed this way.

The SVC would have cleaned only #3 which explains the 1170ml fill.

Attachment 2166576
Hi,

Thanks for the comment, but as mentioned in the very first sentence of my post, the right crank case cover was obviously opened.

Still for your better understanding the centrifugal filter(#1 in your post) and oil strainer(#2 in your post) was obviously cleaned and the picture no. #3 shared by you is just the drain screw and nothing is to be cleaned there other than a casual wipe..

So now back to my question, what's the oil quantity required if right crank case is removed considering the oil from the oil cooler and lines were drained out. 1170ml or 1360ml. Manual mentions 1170ml if crank case not removed and 1360ml if engine is opened. So whether removing the crankcase only can be considered as the engine bring opened?

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 11th June 2021, 21:39   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the comment, but as mentioned in the very first sentence of my post, the right crank case cover was obviously opened.

Still for your better understanding the centrifugal filter(#1 in your post) and oil strainer(#2 in your post) was obviously cleaned and the picture no. #3 shared by you is just the drain screw and nothing is to be cleaned there other than a casual wipe..

So now back to my question, what's the oil quantity required if right crank case is removed considering the oil from the oil cooler and lines were drained out. 1170ml or 1360ml. Manual mentions 1170ml if crank case not removed and 1360ml if engine is opened. So whether removing the crankcase only can be considered as the engine bring opened?

Regards,
DevOnWheels
As mentioned by Ashiwn Sir,
using the manufacturer spec as a guideline and relying on the dipstick works best.

In my case, the dipstick is at 80% having filled roughly 1.3L after scheduled maintenance.

Hope that clears out.
dj_666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 21:42   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_666 View Post
As mentioned by Ashiwn Sir,
using the manufacturer spec as a guideline and relying on the dipstick works best.

In my case, the dipstick is at 80% having filled roughly 1.3L after scheduled maintenance.

Hope that clears out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Nothing to break your head over. As long as there's enough oil going by the dip-stick all is well.

All things considered 200~300ml more or less won't make a considerable difference as your oil pump feed is at the base of your case.

Regards,
A.P.
Thanks a lot. Will check the dipstick and if required will get a top up done.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 15th June 2021, 21:24   #577
BHPian

Got delivery of my Xpulse yesterday at Pune. Looking forward to riding in the hills around Pune with the superb suspension setup.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-xpulse_img_20210614_152922.jpg
shajoshi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 02:09   #578

Xpulse Supermod - Help needed

So I started modifying my stock Xpulse 200T right out of the gate when I received it.

But now that I'm completing its mod work. I'm stuck with perhaps the most delicate part of the whole mod work - the suspension.

I do not want to touch the front forks, although the rally kit does make it look appetizing, I'm actually working on the rear monoshock.

I got a 315mm long RMS006 - the one with an extended hose.

But it is TOO SOFT. In fact it is bottoming out at big potholes / bumpers.

So what I was looking for was something in the 380 - 430 mm range (basically longer than the rally kit Endurance shock)

But also something that is not an emulsion shock.

At the minimum it should be an internal floating piston shock.

Having an extended (or attached) reservoir should be the cherry on top.

Please suggest something that would not break the bank.

Oh and if someone wants the Rapido Shock, ping me, I'd be willing to sell it for the right price. Even though its not what I need, it could be perfect for a different bike.
Old 30th June 2021, 19:05   #579
BHPian

The main stand (accessory) is just not available with any dealer in Pune for the past month for the Xpulse? Are other areas also facing this issue?

How is the availability of other critical components of the Xpulse with Hero Motocorp dealers?
Old 30th June 2021, 19:20   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
The main stand (accessory) is just not available with any dealer in Pune for the past month for the Xpulse? Are other areas also facing this issue?

How is the availability of other critical components of the Xpulse with Hero Motocorp dealers?
If you plan on riding off road a fair bit, I would advise you to avoid the main stand. I got one and removed 8-10 days later as it reduces the ground clearance and it keep crashing in places when off road, even when tied in place with a string.

Here in Gurgaon, the availability of regular service parts is not an issue as most of them are shared with some model or the other, however, add-ons like rally kit or stand or risers take a while to arrive.
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 01:43   #581

Quote:

Same issue in most of Bengal showrooms.
Buy the one for Himalayan instead and custom extend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonomad View Post
If you plan on riding off road a fair bit, I would advise you to avoid the main stand. I got one and removed 8-10 days later as it reduces the ground clearance and it keep crashing in places when off road, even when tied in place with a string.

Here in Gurgaon, the availability of regular service parts is not an issue as most of them are shared with some model or the other, however, add-ons like rally kit or stand or risers take a while to arrive.
Very wrong suggestion indeed.

Imagine being on a gravel road and you need to tighten the chain, adjust the shock or change the tyre, you'd be effed if you are w/o a main stand under those situations.

For ground clearance issues you just need to modify it a little and your issues would be gone. You're basically handicapping yourself by taking it off.
Old 4th July 2021, 09:06   #582

Quote:

I’m also facing this issue. I recently met with an accident on the Spiti Valley route near Tabo, and need to replace the handlebars, front brake lever, and 3pc rear rack. My dealer told me most of the parts are on back order, and when inquiring as to why parts are not more readily available, he said the lockdowns have slowed the production.

So for the moment, I am near Tabo recovering and waiting for parts to fix the Xpulse and continue.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-62870dd507aa42f590fe95ed8e7a991e.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-b46a18a272844ac7b4bc198a01b01706.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-8d314abbd3aa437eb5df8ec637408d3e.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-d6a721362ad5490286b3985bb3869b8b.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-c246a3171b8c48918fdb9956f54e4ad3.jpeg  

risefully is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:32   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advtourer View Post
Very wrong suggestion indeed.

Imagine being on a gravel road and you need to tighten the chain, adjust the shock or change the tyre, you'd be effed if you are w/o a main stand under those situations.

For ground clearance issues you just need to modify it a little and your issues would be gone. You're basically handicapping yourself by taking it off.
Can't agree with you on the mentioned points. First of all tightening the chain is not something that you need to do on the go on every ride. You can do that later on using your paddock stand or at any local shop. The Shock adjustment can be done on side stand itself. Tyre change also is not something you do often while on a ride. One can easily do it at home using paddock stand or at any tyre shop, and for that unfortunate incident of tyre puncture while on a ride, most of us don't have the expertise or tool to change tube ourselves.

For Ground clearance it seams you are happy with 85mm of ground clearance with a rider+pillion at stock suspension settings, but I am not. Even a Lamborghini have 135mm of ground clearance.

Would be of great help to us all if you can share those little modifications that you have suggested. Would be very much thankful to you.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 19:21   #584

Quote:
Can't agree with you on the mentioned points. First of all tightening the chain is not something that you need to do on the go on every ride. You can do that later on using your paddock stand or at any local shop. The Shock adjustment can be done on side stand itself. Tyre change also is not something you do often while on a ride. One can easily do it at home using paddock stand or at any tyre shop, and for that unfortunate incident of tyre puncture while on a ride, most of us don't have the expertise or tool to change tube ourselves.

For Ground clearance it seams you are happy with 85mm of ground clearance with a rider+pillion at stock suspension settings, but I am not. Even a Lamborghini have 135mm of ground clearance.

Would be of great help to us all if you can share those little modifications that you have suggested. Would be very much thankful to you.

Regards,
DevOnWheels

The list of modifications that I have made are innumerable and I am still making them as getting em done all at once has proven to be a challenge.
The center stand I had to bend and warp to fit it around the bottom so it doesn't hit the chain when its up and that it doesn't interfere with the ground clearance.

Also I'm not happy with the stock shocks. So mine has a larger Benelli shock in it now -if you scroll up you can see I was experimenting with different shocks for offroading purposes.

I am making some minor modifications on the bike this wednesday and once they are done I'll post some clean sweet pictures of the bike in its current form.

--
As for a Lambo's clearance - idk why would you compare an unladen 4 wheeler's clearance with a loaded 2 wheeler's clearance. Those two are incomparable. There's 2x more damping force on a 4 wheeler and weighs around 10 times more than an Xpulse. Even as an illustrative example it fails to paint a fair picture. All lambos have a smart fluid suspension setup which means the thickness and flowiness (viscosity) of the fluid is electromagnetically managed. Whereas our humble Xpulse does not even have a 3 point linkage suspension system as the shocks are mounted directly on the swingarm. And the stock shock doesn't even have a floating pin to simulate high viscosity shock fluid that an expensive shock absorber does by default. To get the same kind of suspension feel for an Xpulse and a Lambo you would have to spend something like $1700 just for the suspension and then some crazy amount to import the part - honestly it would be cheaper to just ship the bike out get it modified and bring it back. Hell! Even driving it to Malaysia and back would be cheaper than importing a good offroad shock that has a good heat distribution mechanism.
Old 4th July 2021, 21:29   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advtourer View Post
The list of modifications that I have made are innumerable and I am still making them as getting em done all at once has proven to be a challenge.
The center stand I had to bend and warp to fit it around the bottom so it doesn't hit the chain when its up and that it doesn't interfere with the ground clearance.

Also I'm not happy with the stock shocks. So mine has a larger Benelli shock in it now -if you scroll up you can see I was experimenting with different shocks for offroading purposes.

I am making some minor modifications on the bike this wednesday and once they are done I'll post some clean sweet pictures of the bike in its current form.

--
As for a Lambo's clearance - idk why would you compare an unladen 4 wheeler's clearance with a loaded 2 wheeler's clearance. Those two are incomparable. There's 2x more damping force on a 4 wheeler and weighs around 10 times more than an Xpulse. Even as an illustrative example it fails to paint a fair picture. All lambos have a smart fluid suspension setup which means the thickness and flowiness (viscosity) of the fluid is electromagnetically managed. Whereas our humble Xpulse does not even have a 3 point linkage suspension system as the shocks are mounted directly on the swingarm. And the stock shock doesn't even have a floating pin to simulate high viscosity shock fluid that an expensive shock absorber does by default. To get the same kind of suspension feel for an Xpulse and a Lambo you would have to spend something like $1700 just for the suspension and then some crazy amount to import the part - honestly it would be cheaper to just ship the bike out get it modified and bring it back. Hell! Even driving it to Malaysia and back would be cheaper than importing a good offroad shock that has a good heat distribution mechanism.

A few photos of those little modifications of the centre stand would help a lot to us all.

Also wouldn't having stiffer suspension to get that much added ground clearance be preventing suspension sagging hamper the ride quality offered by the stock soft suspension. Remember the rally kit suspension although gives more ground clearance is a bit stiffer and hampers the slow speed ride quality. The larger stiffer shock would definitely help while riding fast on gravel roads or off road tracks, but what about low speed ride quality? Also wouldn't it be easier just to not have the centre stand than changing shocks and doing many other modifications just to compensate the loss of ground clearance achieved.

The Lambo's unladen clearance vis a vis Xpulse's laden clearance is not irrelevant because the Lambo being stiffly sprung despite having 10 times the weight of Xpulse, the suspension will squat next to nil and laden ground clearance will always be higher than 100mm whereas Xpulse being softly sprung will sag a lot on road undulations and the 85mm laden ground clearance will reduce even further.

Also as per IRC the standard height of speed breaker in India is 100mm, and everybody knows that nothing is as per standard here. So all spead breakers are even higher than 100mm. So how come a vehicle with 85mm(even lower on suspension swat) will be able to cross a 100mm+ high spead breaker.

Regards,
DevOnWheels

Most Viewed