Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 22:18   #631
BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Last weekend, after months of owing the Xpulse, I finally built up enough courage to use the rally seat. It was a disaster, If I flat-foot on the left side, I can't even reach the rear brake. Perfect beginner commuting bike I tell ya.

If you get moving somehow, the rally seat is surprisingly comfy, but the bike is even more unusable for me now than before, so back to stock I go.

Attachment 2215433
The seat height looks super tall. BTW, how tall are you?
Old 5th October 2021, 22:35   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
The seat height looks super tall. BTW, how tall are you?
I'm 5 7 I think, or maybe 5 8, inadequate to handle the full rally kit in any case. I mean if I was seriously into off-roading, this is kinda a good thing, the floor is lava, so you try to stay on the pegs as much as possible, learn some balance and body positioning maybe, by force. But I bought this bike only for the giggles, this is no longer funny.
RiderZone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 01:26   #633
BHPian

Quote:
I'm 5 7 I think, or maybe 5 8, inadequate to handle the full rally kit in any case. I mean if I was seriously into off-roading, this is kinda a good thing, the floor is lava, so you try to stay on the pegs as much as possible, learn some balance and body positioning maybe, by force. But I bought this bike only for the giggles, this is no longer funny.
You're a braver man than I. If I can't flat foot a bike I just won't ride it. Even off-road, where often one just needs to stop and think what to do. I can't imagine what it'd be like in city traffic, ooof
karanddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:36   #634
BHPian

Quote:
So this gentleman on YouTube is suggesting that just using the front forks from the rally kit and staying with stock monoshock is a much better configuration for those who are on the shorter side.

KayEss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:26   #635
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
So this gentleman on YouTube is suggesting that just using the front forks from the rally kit and staying with stock monoshock is a much better configuration for those who are on the shorter side.
I tried, but it takes the fun away from rally kit. Also, the front end of the bike rises quite a bit and it affects braking as well. rally kit is best enjoyed together.
I ended-up selling the rally suspension as i found the height to be too much for my comfort and riding. Stock suspension itself it enough for most of our general offroad rides.
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:44   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
Those who are short and want rally kit suspension, best way is to stick to stock seat and avoid rally seat. That itself lowers the height by couple of inches and someone upto 5'8"/ 5'9" should be able to manage.

Last edited by ast.ggn : 6th October 2021 at 12:45.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 20:17   #637
BHPian

Does Hero sell parts in the Rally Kit separately? I asked my local Pune dealer for handlebar risers and they said it comes only if you buy the whole Rally kit.
Old 7th October 2021, 12:30   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Hero sell parts in the Rally Kit separately? I asked my local Pune dealer for handlebar risers and they said it comes only if you buy the whole Rally kit.
Ideally they are only suppose to sell the kit as a kit, but most BIG dealers do sell them separately and as mentioned, a bit of rapport helps as well. I did not buy the kit but only the front and rear suspension and handlebar riser. They would have to sell the seat, and tyres to someone else from that kit. Tyres there are plenty of takers, seat is a cheap component anyways.
Old 7th October 2021, 13:25   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
I suppose it varies by dealer. I was able to get just the extended gear lever at my local dealer but then again, I have had a good rapport with the sales manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Ideally they are only suppose to sell the kit as a kit, but most BIG dealers do sell them separately and as mentioned, a bit of rapport helps as well. I did not buy the kit but only the front and rear suspension and handlebar riser. They would have to sell the seat, and tyres to someone else from that kit. Tyres there are plenty of takers, seat is a cheap component anyways.

Nothing such as that. We have the both price lists. For the whole thing as a Kit as well as for separate Child Parts. You can even buy a single front fork if needed.
We can also get them in child parts if we want from Hero. Though it takes time. And the Child parts are more expensive compared to when clubbed in a kit which is but natural.
Just today we delivered an Xpulse without the Tires and seat. Just charged the customer for the suspension, side stand, risers and gear lever.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:10   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Nothing such as that. We have the both price lists. For the whole thing as a Kit as well as for separate Child Parts. You can even buy a single front fork if needed.
We can also get them in child parts if we want from Hero. Though it takes time. And the Child parts are more expensive compared to when clubbed in a kit which is but natural.
Just today we delivered an Xpulse without the Tires and seat. Just charged the customer for the suspension, side stand, risers and gear lever.
Hey Navpreet, are you associated with a dealership?

If so, could you please advise if it's indeed possible to upgrade an existing 2V Xpulse to 4V spec via a simple head swap and ECU remap?
Old 7th October 2021, 20:30   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
17.8 PS to 19.1 PS
16.45 Nm to 17.35 Nm
With this the CB200X has nothing better to offer than the Xpluse

The lack of power in highway speeds was the biggest inconvenience for the Xpulse, and the one place where CB200X performed better than the Xpluse.
Old 17th October 2021, 20:08   #642
BHPian

Artemis turned 2 yesterday so took her out for a short ride. Didn't end quite well as while returning, the Check Engine Light refused to go off after starting. I'll probably get it checked this week or so. She has been flawless otherwise.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-162661814115701.jpeg
Old 18th October 2021, 18:35   #643
Senior - BHPian

Over the long weekend, we did some offroad ride to kyatanamakki, and Didupe to samse in the western ghats. I was on xpulse and we had other bikes including himalayan and tiger. Dudupe to samse is a challenging ride mainly due to recent rains and the entire 10 kms of jungle trail was slushy with many steep climbs. took us close to 4 hours to complete those 10 kms.

Xpulse did fairly well throughout, esp due to relatively lighter weight. Even on the highway, its not bad unless one is in great hurry. Cruising around 90 is not very stressful. We do realize the lack of power while accelerating and overtaking.

On the way back from Kyatanamakki, towards the end of the descent, the front brakes on the bike failed. The lever became tipid and braking slowly reduced to 20 percent. With some difficulty, we managed to open the brake line, and reservoir, bled some fluid, and with constant pumping, managed to get the bite back.
Westerns ghats is beautiful during rains. We got caught in some very heavy rains but managed to reach back home safe. Sharing some pics from the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-01.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-03.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-04.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-05.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-06.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-07.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-08.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-09.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-10.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 23:35   #644
BHPian

The XPulse is on The Bike Show!
Old 5th November 2021, 14:20   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
On the way back from Kyatanamakki, towards the end of the descent, the front brakes on the bike failed. The lever became tipid and braking slowly reduced to 20 percent.
That's quite worrying! Is that a common issue with the Xpulse? Or just when ridden hard? That's still no excuse for Hero of course- the bike is meant to be ridden hard, but does it happen under certain conditions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks