Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2019, 13:40   #76
BHPian

re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Given our road conditions this Xpulse duo has immense potential in both Urban and Rural markets. Price it around 1 lac and you've a hot selling Hero!

Expected ex-showroom prices:
1.05L Xpulse 200T
1.15L Xpulse 200 (X - adv)

The bikes have nothing out of this world to be priced high. It has the essentials and seems well put together. Only thing it lacks is competition!

Hope Hero plays this well.

--surjaonwheelz
And the Prices are out!
XPulse 200 FI ₹ 1.05 lakh
XPULSE 200 carb ₹ 97,000
XPulse 200T ₹ 94,000
Xtreme 200S ₹ 98,500

Ex-showroom delhi

Despatched by end of May for most of the network.

Very good pricing. 200S is a surprise!
surjaonwheelz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 15:51   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I feel having both options below the crucial Rs 1 L ex showroom price will be a big mental battle won on the price front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
And the Prices are out!
XPulse 200 FI ₹ 1.05 lakh
XPULSE 200 carb ₹ 97,000
XPulse 200T ₹ 94,000
Xtreme 200S ₹ 98,500

Ex-showroom delhi

Despatched by end of May for most of the network.

Very good pricing. 200S is a surprise!
Big mental battle won! Now for the test rides. The 200S was rumoured a few days ago but it has turned out better than most expected.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 18:02   #78
BHPian

Times Network has posted a short ride video of the 200T. Either the rider is too tall, or the bike dimensions are deceptive. It appears to be relatively petite. Need to check this (..too) in person.

five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 18:15   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

All video reviews will be pushed out by midnight tonight, Hero has set a media embargo on everyone. Expect a spate of reviews in your YouTube feed in the morning.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 19:32   #80
BHPian

This might be a god send for us impulse owners. My impulse has been in a dilapidated state due to a total lack of spares for a while now. The fork is bent, wheels are bent and the speedo is broken. Looking to swap parts from this onto mine. Hopefully they are a direct fit or at least fix with minimum modifications.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 01:16   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Looking to swap parts from this onto mine. Hopefully they are a direct fit or at least fix with minimum modifications.
On a side note, may I ask a seemingly dumb question here:

Would it be possible to remove that big motocross (?) style front mudguard (or is it called front fender?) of the Xpulse 200 and install a regular one like that of the Xpulse 200T?

(I find the Xpulse 200 quite interesting, and feel tempted to purchase one after quitting motorcycle riding many years back. It is not expensive for a weekend bike to ride to the farm, it looks purposeful, and it looks less intimidating than say, a Royal Enfield Himalayan.)
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 05:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Looks decent in pictures. Not sure if its a direct upgrade for Impulse owners. This one seems to have a slightly different profile.

What Hero need to sort out is long term spares and support. As mentioned in post #80, spares were/are indeed a nightmare. I know a colleague who bought two used Impulse motorcycles for the sake of spares. It is unlikely that the engine would give up being a derivative of a Honda motor but everything around it was rather poor in terms of quality.
Old 2nd May 2019, 08:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
On a side note, may I ask a seemingly dumb question here:

Would it be possible to remove that big motocross (?) style front mudguard (or is it called front fender?) of the Xpulse 200 and install a regular one like that of the Xpulse 200T?
It might be. The xpulse with the beak does have a secondary mudguard too. May be the one from the T can fit in that slot ...But I really can't confirm by just looking at pictures.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:13   #84
BHPian

The Xpulse is something that checks all the boxes for me.

I've been wanting to buy something for occasional city rides and short rides to the mountains. Had almost settled for a Himalayan (reluctantly) and then the Xpulse comes along.

If the reviews are positive, I'll be buying one by Aug-Sept. Now the question is FI or Carb?

Also, at 154 kgs, this isn't lightweight. I was hoping that the Xpulse should've been around the 135 kg mark.
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:16   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Now the question is FI or Carb?
Am wondering about the differences too, when it comes to touring and off-road. Can any of the more knowledgeable people explain please. Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:31   #86
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Finally the Xpulse is for real after ages of waiting. Common KTM, be done with the 390 adv now.

I am sold on the Xpulse as a lightweight, low cost, low maintenance bike with seemingly good ergos and suspension. Should be good for monsoon commuting, city commuting, and weekend trail bashing without fear of dropping and incurring heavy expenses with bigger/imported bikes. There seems to be a decent bunch of goodies too such as Bluetooth pairing, aux port, LED lights, and factory guards and protections, etc. the weight could be a bit lighter for the power, but guess its not too bad. A test ride will seal the deal for me if the engine is refined over rev range, and well spread torque (more towards the bottom). Sort of torn between the green and matt grey, but most likely will settle for green. Hate those graphics, so they will be first to go off the bike. Xpulse does not have center stand, but hope there is option to fit one.
Next big dilemma is to go for EFI or carb version? With carb, i guess we will have more control over performance mods in future, but EFI would bring piece of mind depending on how sorted the system and fueling map is.
nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:07   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

First reviews are coming in hot and tasty!

Credit: bhp'ian hakunamatata
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:11   #88
Senior - BHPian

Embargo over, reviews published online.

Autocar India - Rishaad Mody

Excerpt
Quote:
Should I buy one?

This is probably a big question on your mind, especially if you’re already an Impulse owner. Well, the XPulse does offer a sizeable step up, especially in terms of capability and dynamics, but I find myself wishing the bike had more oomph. It’s the one thing that has stopped me at the point of really liking this bike instead of absolutely loving it. But then again, there’s just no arguing with what’s on offer, when you consider the pricing – Rs 1.05 lakh for the FI version and Rs 97,000 for the carburetted model (both prices, ex-showroom, Delhi), which, like most Heros, is excellent value for money. If you’re keen to go riding in the dirt, this is a fantastic place to start and I know I can’t wait for our long-term test bike to arrive.
Overdrive - Abhay Verma

Excerpt

Quote:
Hero has clearly hit the nail on the head with the XPulse 200's ride and handling package. In fact, I feel it will be a great motorcycle for riders wanting to cut their teeth on dirt and trails as it offers lots of confidence. And in that sense the power output is adequate, as opening the throttle is never going to produce dramatic effects. More experienced riders though will be left wanting for more grunt. The bike's build quality also deserves a mention here as the XPulse 200 feels well-built and took all the thrashing it was subjected to in its stride, without showing hints of getting stressed. And its price of Rs 97,000 ex-showroom, the XPulse 200 is an excellent buy if looking for an affordable, go-anywhere motorcycle. It has no direct rival in the country, though you could call the Royal Enfield Himalayan a competitor, considering that the Himalayan is a 410cc, single cylinder engine equipped 24PS motorcycle with the same intent. However, the XPulse 200 costs about half as much as the RE, which makes it a steal if you want a true-blue adventure tourer.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

As expected - the reviews are meh. Bike is utterly underpowered for doing any distance on the highway - only good if you are willing to lug it around on a truck to your farm / trail. Dont see it selling much like Impulse.

And less said about the 200t the better - touring with 18hp ? seriously Hero ?
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:46   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
As expected - the reviews are meh. Bike is utterly underpowered for doing any distance on the highway - only good if you are willing to lug it around on a truck to your farm / trail. Dont see it selling much like Impulse.

And less said about the 200t the better - touring with 18hp ? seriously Hero ?
Yes, the power is very less. But this is all we get in this segment barring the ghastly himalayan, so its either take it or lose it.

However, the following are the use cases for this bike, if you will widen your horizon:

1. Pack it into a train and go do those insane trails in nepal (look up manang, muktinath), or just ride right across the greater himalayas without a care - ALONE. Look up Deelip Menezes and what he has done with his kicked up impulse (he also rides a gs310 and a tiger 800). Honestly, i am beyond sick riding 6000+ kms of abject highway littered with accidents that beg to happen to and fro to get anywhere near the himalayas.

2. Great little bike that looks different, presents street cred, and can be a wonderful second bike in the city to replace that scooter which gifts new cases of spondylitis every day. I am not a scooter guy.

3. Cheap no nonsense capable trail bike to venture within 100-150 kms of your city to explore local trails. I would even go so far as to ride it to coorg or chikmagalur and do some hardcore local trails there during the monsoons. Granted, it will be a multi day trip and not something over a weekend.

4. As an extension of the above, its a well specced entry level kit to begin your offroad lessons on. I would probably take this out for free riding time at some of the dirt courses we have around bangalore and start honing my skills ground up.

5. Fantastic alternative to the himalayan as i expect tons of rentals to buy this and start giving it out by the end of the year to people who want to rent a bike out to explore spiti, leh, or kashmir or even the North east. Winter spiti anyone?

All of the above are things that neither your multi enduro, nor my versys can ever hope to do in any lifetime. And atleast for me, neither do i have the skills or the bank balance to washboard an expensive CKD on stuff like this.

Hopefully this sells a bit, and opens the horizons of its erstwhile partner, a certain Honda to start bringing more capable dirt bikes here.

I hope hero has planned local offroad centric activities for the owners.. If they expect to do nothing, things are going to fall flat in a few months.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd May 2019 at 19:55.
Red Liner is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed