Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 14:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This is not an adventure bike by any means. It's a dirt, trail, farm bike. You get the picture. Very important for folks to temper their expectations from this bike.

If I was in Delhi, I would get this for extremely cheap, non-show off, don't look at me, Himalayan exploration.
Honest question, will this be able to take on Spiti or Leh Ladakh? Considering if someone doesn't have the moolah to spend on a Himalayan yet get a decent bike for the extreme terrain.
Old 20th May 2019, 14:45   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Honest question, will this be able to take on Spiti or Leh Ladakh? Considering if someone doesn't have the moolah to spend on a Himalayan yet get a decent bike for the extreme terrain.
100% it can do it. When you have scooters and 110CC bikes doing it, it will not be an issue for the Xpulse. It will actually do it with aplomb, and you will have much more fun taking all the possible shortcuts, or getting as close to the myriad of lakes around.

In my mind, it will better the Himalayan offroad by a mile and more.

Now riding this bike all the way from Bangalore to Leh/Ladakh? Just add a few more days to your journey, enjoy yourself at the small towns, and have a good relaxed time.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 15:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
100% it can do it. When you have scooters and 110CC bikes doing it, it will not be an issue for the Xpulse. It will actually do it with aplomb, and you will have much more fun taking all the possible shortcuts, or getting as close to the myriad of lakes around.

In my mind, it will better the Himalayan offroad by a mile and more.

Now riding this bike all the way from Bangalore to Leh/Ladakh? Just add a few more days to your journey, enjoy yourself at the small towns, and have a good relaxed time.
Since the xpulse has an FI, maybe a piggyback ECU (from RD if they bring one out) and a nice calculated FFE should bump up the power a bit. Will TD the xpulse for sure, easier for me to judge since I already have a Himalayan.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 16:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I was in Delhi, I would get this for extremely cheap, non show off, don't look at me, Himalayan exploration.

Agree with this sentence. This looks like made for the Himalayan roads. Hope to get a test ride soon.

BTW your comment on the width of the handlebar is on point. Really looks very wide.
Old 20th May 2019, 16:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
That is a HUGE statement, and if this is true it is a big achievement for HERO. I am now intrigued enough to go and check it out myself.
What i meant was that essentially X200 can do 80% of what 310 can do, and may be a few things better as well, especially off the road. But more often then not, we are ON the road and that is where the 310 will have the advantage of 33bhp over 18. Bikes such as himalayan, 310gs are jack of all. Bikes such as X200 are more aligned towards shorter distances and bad surfaces/terrain.
Quote:
Have been longing for an adventure oriented bike and was keenly looking at either the Versys or the TRK502X, but who doesn't want to save 5 big ones if at all possible. Plus that way I can keep my RC too.
Not trying to get into the big vs small debate, but the X200 is not an ideal bike for any sort of long distance touring including adventure touring. Its not like one cant do it, but bikes like himalayan, or even 310GS would fare better as they can maintain higher speeds at relaxed rpms. One things is for sure, if someone is used to bigger cc/displacement bikes, the likes of xpulse 200 can suffice only as a 2nd bike for specific purpose. There is no replacement for bhp and even a duke 390 rider will not be satisfied with xpulse 200 as the only bike in the garage. Some more months and you will have the 390 adv and can keep the RC too for those 'need for speed' days. But if you want an everyday bike for bashing around, the xpulse makes a strong case.
nasirkaka is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 13:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i am on the verge of booking the Xpulse 200.
Am still wondering if i should book the FI or go with the Carb, any thoughts?
Am leaning towards the FI - would mean peace of mind rather than fiddling with the carb.
Old 24th May 2019, 13:55   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Am leaning towards the FI - would mean peace of mind rather than fiddling with the carb.
Go with FI for the peace of mind. It's hardly anything over the respective carb variant. These hero bikes are built to last the end of time.

Congrats!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 13:59   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
There is no replacement for bhp and even a duke 390 rider will not be satisfied with xpulse 200 as the only bike in the garage.
Finally after a lot of dilly dallying, I'm almost finalising the Versys 650. 2-Up riding with comfort is a key requirement along with the ability to take rough roads and trails. Thanks buddy.
Old 24th May 2019, 14:30   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Fiddling with the carburetor is a whole load of BS propagated mostly by folks who don't have a clue of what their doing in the first place, because on a factory tuned motorcycle there does not arise a need to meddle with the carburetor at all.

I have a 5 year old P220 that has done 40k km's and to date the carburetor remains untouched, I've not even meddled with the idle speed for that matter, same case for my 2 year old CT100B that has clocked 30k km's.

The advantage of a carburetor over a FI system is its simplicity, you may run right or not but in the end you're able to run, rather than with the FI in which case it is either you run or you don't.

And if it is adventure you seek then carburetor is the way to go, especially in India.

Though to add, as Redliner has mentioned, the FI systems on Hero's are practically indestructible, but then you never know, life is full of surprises.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 14:37   #145

This thread has been a delight to read. And also makes my decision for a new bike (see :https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...cle-query.html (Yet another "First Motorcycle?" query)) that much harder!

I've pretty much narrowed it down to 2 models now: The NS200 and the new boy. While I know the NS has been used for touring extensively, my only apprehension of getting this bike is that no one has one yet so hard to tell if I end up getting a lemon.

Although I do have an idea, what hindrances will one encounter if they take this bike for a 250-300km trip? Say, to the Western Ghats?

I've been on one such trip to Coorg thus far, on an FZ25, and was cruising at 80-95kmph. I think there were few instances where I actually crossed a 100.
Old 29th May 2019, 10:41   #146
BHPian

I had a chance to have a go at this bike during launch, came back impressed with its ability of soaking up any crass of a road thrown at it with aplomb. Some short pointers

The bike is very well balanced. Seating position is good for a fairly tall person. Seat is well cushioned. Engine is smooth but feels a tad under powered at higher end of power band. Customers might opt for an exhaust later on . The highlight of the bike is the suspension. What a feel it gives!! Eats up bad roads like a knife through butter.Bike comes with 10 variable settings for the rear supsension. Front Travel is just perfect. Went on a small trail and the bike soaked up bumps with ease. Foot-peg and handlebar position was perfect. Ergonomics are good . Switch-gear quality is good. Headlight throw is just OK,needs adjustments and bulb upgrade. Ceat Tyres do their job perfectly. The console looks fresh and informative. The test vehicle struggled to connect with the Bluetooth though.

Over all it's a fantastic product from hero. Have a feel it will be a hit with the short touring campers and trail bikers. I booked mine.

P.S I already have a CBR650F , this is for my offbeat travels & daily rider.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0033.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0034.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0035.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0036.jpg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0037.jpg

In terms of road presence the bike has a great stance and holds its own among even bigger bikes.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20190524wa0038.jpg

Last edited by redrage : 29th May 2019 at 10:47.
redrage is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 15:02   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I ]
Which dealership have you gone with? You lucky man, you got a pretty long ride on that one. Seems to have vindicated some of us here. Power seems to be the only issue, but great starter, filler bike until better things come through.

What is the delivery timeline given for you?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 20:31   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealership have you gone with? You lucky man, you got a pretty long ride on that one. Seems to have vindicated some of us here. Power seems to be the only issue, but great starter, filler bike until better things come through.

What is the delivery timeline given for you?
I have booked the bike in SAI Hero. Delivery should happen in the next 3 weeks.
redrage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 19:12   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I have booked the bike in SAI Hero. Delivery should happen in the next 3 weeks.
Came back from a test drive of Xpulse 200 at SAI Hero just now, very impressed with how the bike handles. As soon as i sat on the bike, i felt at home. The bike is very flickable and handles well. Build quality also seemed to be pretty good. I always liked how the Impulse looked. Perfect bike for our pot hole filled, bumpy Bangalore roads. Started to think about replacing my old workhorse honda unicorn with this for the daily commutes while i am waiting for KTM 390 Adv to be launched.

@redrage And by the way, which is the lake in the backdrop of the bike? Is it the Gulakamale lake off kanakapura road?

Last edited by Madhu_Bengaluru : 1st June 2019 at 19:20.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 19:21   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked with a large Hero showroom here in Cochin. The Xpulse will only arrive in 3 weeks time with the next consignment. No on road pricing details are available either. Sigh! Looks like a repeat of the delayed launch of the Hero Xtreme 200R, at least in Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks