Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 10:52   #496
BANNED

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Hey Xpulse guys,

Sharing some quality content from fellow enthusiast Manoj Sivaraman, if you're from TN then you'd most probably have heard of him due to his experience working with a few big automotive companies.

This DIY includes cleaning the Strainer and Centrifugal filter as well, a word of caution I've said before is to take note that on Honda's the centrifugal filter is made from Aluminum and not Steel like seen in Bajaj's, so you'd need to be extra careful with it, even the slightest fatigue to it could result in a catastrophic engine failure when you least expect it.

An example from fellow enthusiast Phani's ZMA when his rotor broke free while he was on an interstate run;

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-whatsapp-image-20201228-10.52.05-pm.jpeg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-whatsapp-image-20201228-10.52.06-pm-2.jpeg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-whatsapp-image-20201228-10.52.06-pm-1.jpeg

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-whatsapp-image-20201228-10.52.06-pm.jpeg

Not everyone is as experienced and fortunate as he is to have caught the issue immediately, another person I know who suffered this had to rebuild his engine as it seized from oil starvation.

So to reiterate, handle aluminum parts with extreme care.

The above is in Tamil, yet fairly understandable.

Hope that helps, ride safe.
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 16:35   #497
BHPian

I've just got delivery of my XPulse earlier today. Haven't ridden it much yet - just around 7 km or so back home.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_1279-copy.jpg

Delivery experience was rather smooth - however bits are missing across the motorcycle. Heatshields on the exhaust, tool kit, heck even the service manual - the dealer's saying that they don't have those in stock as Hero hasn't given enough stock to them! I've been told that they will get them to me by next week.

As someone who isn't mechanically inclined, I was wondering -are these hoses/tubes vents for petrol/oil? And does it matter that its that close to the chain?

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_1288-copy.jpg
playingpossum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 09:26   #498
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Sharing some quality content from fellow enthusiast Manoj Sivaraman,
Have gone through most of his videos and the guy seems to know what he talks & does.

On my xpulse, i got some mods done a couple of weeks back. The major one being the performance clutch kit from Laxmi Garage (Jagadish), which replaces the old clutch basket. Some details on what the mod exactly is, can be seen in the below video. I also got the silencer de-catted. Both these mods have made a very noticeable difference to the performance of the bike. The bike revs better, pulls better, the initial gears have become taller and it even sounds better. Overall, happy with this mod.

In addition, also got some accessories installed like a pair of mad-dog aux lights, acerbis replica knuckle guard with aluminum spine, bobo phone holder and side stand extender. Happy with how the bike is shaped up.

nasirkaka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:25   #499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post
As someone who isn't mechanically inclined, I was wondering -are these hoses/tubes vents for petrol/oil? And does it matter that its that close to the chain?
One is drain pipe from Fuel Tank mouth, it directs fuel and water that accumulates on the mouth to the ground.

The other is a drain pipe from the Evap. Canister.

Simply ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
On my xpulse, i got some mods done a couple of weeks back. The major one being the performance clutch kit from Laxmi Garage (Jagadish), which replaces the old clutch basket. Some details on what the mod exactly is, can be seen in the below video. I also got the silencer de-catted. Both these mods have made a very noticeable difference to the performance of the bike. The bike revs better, pulls better, the initial gears have become taller and it even sounds better. Overall, happy with this mod.
I see you've altered the primary ratio, 7k+ is a little steep considering the gains, but if you're happy then all is well.

A cheaper means would be to mess with the final drive ratio, as it would only cost about 100/-(front) or at max 700/-(rear).

I personally am no fan of messing with ratios but the parts do seem good enough, my CT100B comes with Helical Gears whereas my P220 comes with Spur Gears, my understanding is that it plays a noticeable part in refinement.

Do share your long term report on the same.

Regards,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 4th January 2021 at 10:30.
ashwinprakas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:15   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post
.As someone who isn't mechanically inclined, I was wondering -are these hoses/tubes vents for petrol/oil? And does it matter that its that close to the chain?
Congratulations.

Shouldn't these pipes be on another side? Or have they rerouted it in BS6 models due to exhaust?

My bike (BS4) has them on right hand side, you can see them tucked away in the loop at the bottom. Pic for reference:

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20200905_142220.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:16   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Shouldn't these pipes be on another side? Or have they rerouted it in BS6 models due to exhaust?
Could well be because of BS6 changes as the exhaust is routed differently. And the exhaust is located on the right where the pipes would be.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_1273-copy.jpg
playingpossum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 13:06   #502
Senior - BHPian

Had some fun yesterday horsing around on the xpulse along with two other friends.
After dabbling with relatively heavier adv bikes, the light weight of this bike shines on the trails and makes novices like us look semi-pro. We feel confident of almost conquering anything to the point where it can get nasty and dangerous. almost had a fall trying to push the limit yesterday. We attempted some of the crossings which we would not have been possible on other bikes such as 310Gs or 390 adv. Ended up scrapping the belly at times and hit the underside of the front fork on stone.
All in all, Xpulse is a fun bike. Its not that bad either on highways, and holds speeds in 90s without too much of an issue. sharing some pics. I am still not happy with the seat, will try and work on it further.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_082009.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_083336.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_091542.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_083335.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_083359.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_094949.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_095106.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210114_100130.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:33   #503
BANNED

Friend and fellow enthusiast Manoj was having fun with a Xpulse that has the revised ABS Unit installed, and faced this issue out of the blue;

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20210121wa0022.jpg

His brake looses all pressure and fails, he somehow managed to stop and on releasing the lever noticed that the system has regained pressure but again at times when he brakes hard the front brake completely looses pressure and fails.

Do keep an eye out for this guys.

Ride Safe,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:46   #504
BHPian

Sounds similar to a case of air in the brake line.

Did your friend have the brake fluid changed at the ASS when he had the ABS unit replaced by any chance?
Old 21st January 2021, 15:08   #505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Sounds similar to a case of air in the brake line.

Did your friend have the brake fluid changed at the ASS when he had the ABS unit replaced by any chance?
Na Bro, Air in brakes is consistent and progressive as heat builds up.

In this case the brakes build pressure on releasing the lever, and he'd already had the system bled.

ABS is without a doubt the issue here.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 16:46   #506
BHPian

The reason I asked is because something very similar happened to me a few years ago on one of my non ABS bikes.

On pressing hard, the brakes had a bit of initial bite, but used to go spongy all the way to the throttle grip. As soon as I let go of the lever and held it again, they'd regain bite only to have the same thing repeat gradually. This was on a bike that just had the brake bled at the service centre.

I bled and replaced the fluid myself, and this completely sorted the system out.

I stopped trusting service centers and mechanics with my disc brakes after that.

At the time I thought it was because the mechanic was careless and introduced a lot of air into the system. If you think it's not air, then could it possibly be some other contamination of the fluid... maybe water?

In any case, easiest way to confirm whether it's the ABS or not is to get upto speed, turn off the ignition, and apply the brake. If the same issue repeats, it's definitely not the ABS.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 21st January 2021 at 16:49.
Old 22nd January 2021, 07:12   #507
Senior - BHPian

Big Bore kit for the xpulse, personally not aware of the end result.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 09:52   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Friend and fellow enthusiast Manoj was having fun with a Xpulse that has the revised ABS Unit installed, and faced this issue out of the blue;

His brake looses all pressure and fails, he somehow managed to stop and on releasing the lever noticed that the system has regained pressure but again at times when he brakes hard the front brake completely looses pressure and fails.
Ashwin, it is a new problem the replacement units are facing. Mine is working well thankfully. SVC mechanic informed me about how he is having problems with few other bikes on which unit have been replaced and there is no pressure at all. I don't know if there is any update to this yet.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 13:03   #509
Senior - BHPian

Went riding on Bangalore outskirts with fellow bhpian nitinbhaskar and another friend on 26th Jan. Bangalore and its outskirt offers plenty of lakes, dams and reservoirs and good scope to generally enjoy adventure bikes. We went riding around lake bed close to Bannerghatta national park. Infact one of the trails lead into the forest and we spotted some fresh elephant dung and were a bit scared to venture deep into the forest. Sharing some pics from the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-01.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-02.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-03.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-04.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-05.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-06.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-07.jpg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-08.jpg  

Last edited by nasirkaka : 29th January 2021 at 13:10.
nasirkaka is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 21:03   #510
Mik
BHPian

Bought myself an xPulse in mid January and it's one of the best decisions I have ever made.
The bike is just so much fun! Also, since this is only for fun rides around Bangalore, I am not too perturbed with headlights/saddle stays/highway performance.
To tell the truth, I have never longed for weekends so much in last few weeks
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210207_124328.jpg  

Mik is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks