Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 18:21   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Bought myself an xPulse in mid January and it's one of the best decisions I have ever made.
The bike is just so much fun! Also, since this is only for fun rides around Bangalore, I am not too perturbed with headlights/saddle stays/highway performance.
To tell the truth, I have never longed for weekends so much in last few weeks
Congratulations mate. Its indeed a fun little machine to thrash around without worrying much. Wish you many happy miles with it.

I am looking to pick one up soon as soon as I get back to blr. Could you please share the OTR you paid for this? And I assume there are no offers or are there?
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 18:11   #512
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations mate. Its indeed a fun little machine to thrash around without worrying much. Wish you many happy miles with it.

I am looking to pick one up soon as soon as I get back to blr. Could you please share the OTR you paid for this? And I assume there are no offers or are there?
Hi Soumen. Yes, its amazing.
The showroom quoted 1,50,xxx with comprehensive insurance. I got a better zero-dep insurance deal from outside for around 2k less. Payment through paytm saved 1.5k.
The showroom did have some exchange bonus and corporate discount too, but I was not eligible for the same.
This was Bhagath Motors in Banaswadi.
Mik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 22:10   #513
BHPian

Had to take the Twitter route yet again, this time for an absolutely basic part that I had ordered around Diwali 2020 - The stock Hand Guards.
When I say I had ordered, it was just the spares division that told me over the counter that they have placed an order for me and I will be notified. No notifications and a number of calls from my side over the next few weeks, I had given up and was looking for aftermarket options only to be more confused. Don't get me wrong, I searched for the Acerbis replica ones and couldn't find much online. I checked the Universal/KTM generic brand ones and wasn't sure if they would fit properly. More confusion. So eventually came back to getting the stock ones as they did their job pretty well the first time they were put to test, when I had a small crash. The RHS hand guard hit a Platina's silencer, took the impact and broke from it's bottom mount. Let's not get into how the crash happened and let's get back to the Twitter thing. Sent a DM day before and I got a call from the Service Head within an hour or so, that was well after his working hours. He obviously started with telling me how that's an issue with the Company and that spares are not being delivered on time across the country etc. etc. but then came the real thing when he asked me for an OTP. I was well aware at the time that this would be for closing the registered complaint and told him that's not happening until I get the part delivered. Yesterday, I got an SMS regarding a Job Card being prepared and called him to ask what's going on. He said that he's putting a special order against my VIN while mentioning that this further escalates the delivery of spare parts and that the dealership bears a loss in such cases. Absolutely disinterested in what that meant, I just asked him to inform me when they have the said part.
To be honest, I was expecting the hand guards to cost around 500-700 bucks at least but when I found out, they cost 240 bucks for a pair. That's absolute dirt cheap for the kind of protection they offered me when I had my small crash. Agreed, they are nowhere near the actual hand guards that are supposed to excel when the time comes. I know of a few owners here who use aftermarket hand gaurds and I wouldn't spend more than 3 minutes if one shares a link to tried and tested aftermarket ones. Being in Nagpur currently, I've got no physical options to try apart from at MotoUsher that offers original BarkBusters and we all know how much they are worth. I will update if and when they deliver the Hand Guards. Posted this only for those who are probably sailing in the same boat.
That said, I hope you all have great fun with your XPulse, it always leaves a pretty wide grin after the rough stuff and is definitely something to hold on to.
Cheers.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 23:32   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
..... I wouldn't spend more than 3 minutes if one shares a link to tried and tested aftermarket ones. ...
Reach out to Rahul (9711883646) for Replica Handguards. I installed these on my Xpulse hardly a month back and these have already withstood over 10 falls (on dirt) with no issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20210120wa0008.jpeg  

Last edited by roy_libran : 11th February 2021 at 23:43.
roy_libran is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 17:45   #515
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Got my Xpulse recently, is it possible get the company accessories, like the centre stand, for it online?
I tried searching for it on their site hgpmart.com but I am unable to find the xpulse in the filters. I tried to order it through the dealership but they are absolutely clueless about it.

Also, is it possible to order parts from the rally kit separately? Initially, I would like to only get the handle bar risers and the extended shift lever.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:00   #516
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Some fun we have been having in the last few weeks on Xpulse. Thanks to one of our group riders who is captured the moments on his action cam. Sharing them below:

nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 19:06   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Reach out to Rahul (9711883646) for Replica Handguards.
Thanks for the quick reply, roy_libran! I did contact him thrice in a week's time but I am yet to receive any images on whatsApp to go ahead with ordering. Meanwhile, the complaint worked and the Stock Hand Guards have reached the dealership so will probably pick them up tomorrow or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hello everyone,

Got my Xpulse recently, is it possible get the company accessories, like the centre stand, I tried to order it through the dealership but they are absolutely clueless about it.
Congrats! Not sure which dealership you're referring to but since your location says Nagpur, both Kusumgar and Aditya Auto are well aware of the center stand accessory.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to order parts from the rally kit separately? Initially, I would like to only get the handle bar risers and the extended shift lever.
From what I've been told by Aditya Auto on multiple occasions, the rally kit can be made available on the basis of full payment only and there's no option of buying the parts separately. You may contact Devang Kusumgar at the Kusumgar dealership, he might be able to help.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:06   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Got my Xpulse recently, is it possible get the company accessories, like the centre stand, for it online?
I tried searching for it on their site hgpmart.com but I am unable to find the xpulse in the filters. I tried to order it through the dealership but they are absolutely clueless about it.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Congrats on the Xpulse. The centre stand can be ordered from any dealership, they can order it from their parts catalogue available in their system. I got it fitted from my dealer after a wait of around 2 weeks from ordering. The total cost was Rs.720 or so including the pin(same as Hero Hunk I think). They forgot to order the pin and later used a pin of some other model to install it.

Initially they didn't have any idea of the centre stand, but when I showed them the brochure they checked the parts catalogue and ordered it.

I'll try getting the part number from my dealer.

But I will strongly suggest not to go for it as it reduces the ground clearance a lot. Infact it scraps the lowest of speed breakers with a pillion at the slowest of speeds. I am regretting going for it. It feels like driving a low slung sedan.

Regards
DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 16:29   #519
BHPian

I couldn't find an Xpulse in stock anywhere near Chandigarh, then randomly found one in the color that I liked and fuel injection in a small-ish city, Ropar. Went to check it out, and to my surprise it already had the rally kit installed. Showroom people were happy for me to take it for a ride, the Maxxis tires made it feel like I was riding on punctured rubber. The bike felt fine overall, just that I couldn't put my feet down, barely even able to tiptoe.

Bike was July 2020 manufactured, probably used as a fancy display piece in the showroom with the kit. Used the old-ish stock to pull the price down a bit, but I'm quite bad at negotiating. Total discount was 6,000 bucks, on road price of 1.71 lacs. Paid the money and then left the bike at the showroom, because I hadn't planned ahead and had just driven alone to check it out in my car.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-4.jpg

Went back to the showroom a few days later to get the delivery. After all the paperwork was sorted, I put on my gear and jumped on the bike, only to realize that I couldn't reach the side stand to take it off. A mechanic standing nearby helped

I did no PDI on the bike, because I'm an idiot. Realized after getting home that the rear indicators are missing, I had been happily giving turn indicators while changing lanes on the way back. Have been riding around in Himachal with a hilariously pink A/F plate, and no plate at the rear at all, been lucky enough to not run into cops so far. Getting the high-security plates this week, will get the indicator re-attachment surgery too.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-8.jpg

Took it into a jungle yesterday, dropped it once, smashed through the rear suspension guard thing, but couldn't care less. Buying the Xpulse with the rally kit was a stupid thing to do, but boy is stupidity fun. Been getting myself into all kinds of troubles, like a super-sketchy downhill section full of rocks and roots. Just love the fact that I don't care about the bike at all, a very liberating experience.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-13.jpg

Trying to learn how to get off the bike before it stops, and then stand on the pegs before it gets moving, never felt that height-challenged before. Ordered some Barkbusters so things don't get too mangled up when I drop it, which I'm sure is going to happen all the time. It's a lovely little thing, and I'm glad I own one, finally.
RiderZone is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:41   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
Congrats! Not sure which dealership you're referring

From what I've been told by Aditya Auto on multiple occasions, the rally kit can be made available on the basis of full payment only and there's no option of buying the parts separately. You may contact Devang Kusumgar at the Kusumgar dealership, he might be able to help.
Thanks, I got mine from Kusumgar Hero, I'll talk to Devang when I am there for my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
But I will strongly suggest not to go for it as it reduces the ground clearance a lot. Infact it scraps the lowest of speed breakers with a pillion at the slowest of speeds. I am regretting going for it. It feels like driving a low slung sedan.
I would still want the center stand because it makes it really easy to do basic maintenance. As far as the reduced ground clearance is concerned, it can always be fixed with a Rally Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
the Maxxis tires made it feel like I was riding on punctured rubber.
Congratulations on your new bike! Can you look at the tyres and tell me are they made in India or are they imported?
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:26   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new bike! Can you look at the tyres and tell me are they made in India or are they imported?
Thanks!

So for the front, it says "DOT UYBQ". A 2 second internet research seems to suggest this is made in Taiwan.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-front.jpg

The rear has no DOT markings that I could find, only an ISI one, it says "IS: 15627 CM/L - 4100081873". No idea what that means, probably made in India.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-rear.jpg
Old 8th March 2021, 14:04   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I would still want the center stand because it makes it really easy to do basic maintenance. As far as the reduced ground clearance is concerned, it can always be fixed with a Rally Kit.
Theoretically it's true that ground clearance can be fixed with a Rally Kit. But once you go for the Rally Kit, you won't be able to use the centre stand as the ground clearance will be more than its length. This will require the centre stand to be extended by welding two extra pieces of steel on both legs (remember even the kit itself comes with extended side stand as the stock stand is too short for the Rally kitted bike). This will again reduce the ground clearance and the quality of weld will also be doubtful.

For basic maintenance it's better to go for a Paddock stand.

Infact yesterday my bike scrapped at an undulation at the edge of a small bridge with me(80kg) and a 80kg pillion at around 75kmph speed.

Regards,
DevOnWheels
Old 8th March 2021, 14:22   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Bike was July 2020 manufactured, probably used as a fancy display piece in the showroom with the kit. Used the old-ish stock to pull the price down a bit, but I'm quite bad at negotiating. Total discount was 6,000 bucks, on road price of 1.71 lacs.

It's a lovely little thing, and I'm glad I own one, finally.
Congratulations! Excitement over powered your PDI

Does the deal include the stock parts? As you got the bike with the rally kit installed and the price includes the rally kit price as an add on! No?

For some relief from the height, you can lower the T clamps at the fork mounts by 10-15mm. Once you master the horse riding skills, you can raise them back to their original glory!

surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:49   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Congratulations! Excitement over powered your PDI

Does the deal include the stock parts? As you got the bike with the rally kit installed and the price includes the rally kit price as an add on! No?

For some relief from the height, you can lower the T clamps at the fork mounts by 10-15mm. Once you master the horse riding skills, you can raise them back to their original glory!

surjaonwheelz
Thanks! Yep got all the stock parts as well, tried to sell back the suspension but the showroom people didn't like the idea. Will probably put it up on OLX or something. When I got home with all the stock parts and no bike, parents were confused why I paid so much money for some random bits of metal and rubber.

Yeah I will probably have to lower the T clamps, but just enjoying the hilarity for now of not being able to put my feet down. One advantage is that nobody asks for a ride on the bike like this It looks like a horse!
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 22:09   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

So for the front, it says "DOT UYBQ". A 2 second internet research seems to suggest this is made in Taiwan.
Thanks for the information, I wonder whether the availability of these tyres is also affected due to the recent import restrictions on tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Infact yesterday my bike scrapped at an undulation at the edge of a small bridge with me(80kg) and a 80kg pillion at around 75kmph speed.
Well, you might be surprised to know that the Xpulse is only rated to carry a measly 130 Kgs. So, you may not face the scraping issues while riding solo.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-xpulse-payload.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks