Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 11:54   #541
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200

Quote:
The stand scrapes just before the rear tyre starts climbing the speed breaker.
Got the center stand installed on the xpulse yesterday. It was out of stock so had left my number to call me when stock arrived. Got to know its here so went ahead and got one. Costed about 800 including all parts and labour. On the way back, tried going over a few speed breakers at different speeds without any issue. Should work fine hopefully, as the bike will be used solo almost all the time.

Quote:
I don't mind the height troubles to be honest, it's just a hurdle to get over. It will help stop me from paddling around like a one-legged duck, staying on the pegs and controlling things from there is the ideal way isn't it. Sure I'll drop it a few times because of it, but that's the fun of this machine.
I got the rally suspension, had it on bike for few weeks, removed it and sold it. Found it way too tall and especially difficult on gnarly hill climbs. Also found the rally suspension to me much stiffer even on the softest setting. But yes, nothing like if one can get-over and master the tall stance of rally kit.
nasirkaka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 16:51   #542
Senior - BHPian

Hero XPulse 200T BS6 launched, priced at Rs. 1.13 Lakh

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-20210313_164300.jpg

The updated 199.6 cc, oil-cooled, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine makes 17.8 bhp at 8,500 rpm and 16.15 Nm of peak torque at 6,500 rpm.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-smartselect_20210313164522_chrome.jpg

2021 XPulse 200T will be available in three colours, Sports Red, Panther Black and Matte Shield Gold.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 22:52   #543
BHPian

So they took almost a year extra over the BS6 xpulse just to put out almost the exact same bike?

They could have got rid of the cast wheels, put 17 inch spoked wheel on, maybe with 10 mm fatter rear tyre, kept the longer travel suspension from the regular xpulse and turned this into something of a supermoto.

IMO, that would've held more value for city commutes or even the highway than this.

They got rid of the nice looking tuck and roll type seat instead.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 13th March 2021 at 22:53.
Old 14th March 2021, 10:43   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Also, is it possible to order parts from the rally kit separately? Initially, I would like to only get the handle bar risers and the extended shift lever.

Thanks,
Abhishek
I picked up the handlebar risers directly from the Hero service centre after enquiring the availability on call. It cost me ₹850.
Mind you that the clutch cable has to be re routed or replaced with a larger one once you install the risers.
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 09:14   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
I picked up the handlebar risers directly from the Hero service centre after enquiring the availability on call. It cost me ₹850.
Mind you that the clutch cable has to be re routed or replaced with a larger one once you install the risers.
Hi,

Could you please tell me the part number of the handle bar risers and the longer clutch cable?

Was this riser a part of the rally kit or is this a regular accessory like the main stand?

Thanks
Abhishek3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 19:18   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hi,

Could you please tell me the part number of the handle bar risers and the longer clutch cable?

Was this riser a part of the rally kit or is this a regular accessory like the main stand?

Thanks
Attached bill for your reference. I got the risers as a standalone part.
For the clutch, I've routed the existing cable from within the bike frame as opposed to the external routing. Although I'm not sure if the cable will get damaged due to the engine heat. I'm keeping an eye for any damage and if it does happen, I'll replace the clutch cable with a longer one easily available at any spares shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-950298218a164ef192ea557c9bcc39f1.jpeg  

TheRajput is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 20:21   #547
BHPian

Got the 1st service done on the bike, the bill was a hilarious 420 bucks.

Installed Barkbusters, if anyone is interested this is the one that fits. Could've gone with the Acerbis replicas, but I prefer not to buy any moto-related things from Amazon as a matter of principle. Even a mechanically-challenged simpleton like me managed to fit the guards without swearing too much, it's quite easy, and you get plenty of instructions. Did need to cut out portion of the throttle grip rubber housing to make sure it didn't get stuck on the mount in operation.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img_20210311_142528_bokeh.jpg

Also picked up the Project83X tail tidy, it's pretty well made and solid. Mounting it was a pain however, you need to remove a couple of bolts that attach the rear subframe to the plastic underbody. They didn't line up properly on my bike, took a whole lot of shoving around to get it fixed. There are no instructions that I could find anywhere either. Got the number plates fixed too, so no dodging around cops anymore.

I've perfected the art of getting off the bike while it's still in motion, but getting on it is a different thing. It requires this commitment to pull up the right foot as soon as the bike starts moving, I'm currently jumping a few steps like you do with a Hero Jet cycle. The other day while trying to get the right foot over the bike as it started moving, the boot got stuck on the tail rack For a few seconds looked like I was trying to very incompetently pull a silly stunt of some sort. Couldn't stop either because only one foot was operational. Did get it unstuck somehow. The stupid fun continues.
RiderZone is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 00:53   #548
BHPian

I don't mean to get in the way of your fun of discovery, but just suggesting something here that works more reliably and is safer.

Unless you're severely vertically challenged, at standstill, you probably should be able to just swing a leg and sit on the bike and balance it on one foot, with the other foot on the peg. Just alternate the balance between both feet if it gets tiring during traffic signal stops.

You could just push up the front suspension through the clamps by an inch or whatever comfortable amount to make the bike a bit shorter and easier to manage. Also set the rear preload softer so it sags more under your weight.

Doing like 3 to 5 minutes of hip joint exercises and some moderate leg stretches everyday is gonna help you swing your leg on and off the bike easier.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th March 2021 at 01:02.
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 13:03   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Got the center stand installed on the xpulse yesterday.
Should work fine hopefully, as the bike will be used solo almost all the time.
Great that you are able to use the main stand. I got one and removed it within the week because it was crashing in places off road, even after I tied it up while going off road and had the preload set properly. Though I weigh almost 100 kgs so that could be a contributor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Got the 1st service done on the bike, the bill was a hilarious 420 bucks.

Installed Barkbusters

Also picked up the Project83X tail tidy.
There are no instructions that I could find anywhere either.
Oh yes that was my reaction when I got the first service done on the Xpulse. In fact I even get it washed there at times since it costs less or same as most washing shops here in Gurgaon.

Was planning to get Barkbusters but that is like 5 percent the cost of the motorcycle so held back. So for now, I have filed small grooves in clutch and brake levers about 1 inch from the outside to make sure they don't snap off completely in case of a drop at some odd place.

About the tail tidy, mine is sitting for over a month out of laziness but they had a detailed PDF on their website with images and installation steps listed properly. No good for you now but if someone else is unable to find it on website, I can email.
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:05   #550
BHPian

Small update on my Xpulse, riding has ground to a halt after around 800 kms, as I found a hairline crack in the triple clamp. Since I did no PDI, it's possible this has been there from the start, but it's rather small and only visible from specific angles if you're really looking for it. My riding would certainly not be to blame here, I've probably pushed the bike to 10% of its supposed capability

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-whatsapp-image-20210330-12.07.14-pm.jpeg

Found this crack only because I was hearing some khat-khat sounds from the front, so thought the coneset was a bit loose. Did manage to tighten it a quarter turn, and the sound has reduced somewhat. It all may be for nothing though, as I imagine it'll need some tweaking after the new triple clamp goes in. Still trying to find a dealership where it's in stock, then the whole warranty claim thing should come into the picture.

Been doing some 8s and other exercises for better bike control, initially I thought the throttle on this thing was super snatchy, but it's probably just me. The Maxxis tires absolutely love sand, great fun riding it around river beds. My overall bike control and confidence has also gone up a bit, only dropped it once since the fist fall, and able to get on/off without jumping around like a monkey. This crack has been an unexpected and unpleasant surprise, hopefully Hero's service in fixing it isn't another one.
RiderZone is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 22:58   #551
BHPian

274 kms "Test ride" on Bs4 Xpulse from Twistthrottle.in

I booked a rental Xpulse from twistthrottle.in in Bangalore & went riding. I have a cbr 650f and was quite intrigued by the Xpulse to want a long TD.
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20210404062957.jpg
For reference of my riding transition, Pulsar 150 dtsi to RE TB500 to CBR 250 to CBR 650F. I have limited intentional off road skills. Unintentional offroad skills are next level. Weight 90kgs and 5'10.
Here is my experience.
Bike : Xpulse Bs4. Done 15.5k on the odo.
I rode the bike solo over tolled NH, state highways, under construction roads, dug up B roads & some trails riding into village farms.
Pleasantly surprised with the potent package that Hero has put out. The engine is revv happy & quick. The gears are slick with a light clutch. Could do 40 kmph in 5th gear & 15 kmph in 2nd gear without feathering the clutch if necessary.

The highlight of the bike is it's incredible suspension. It just soaks up everything you throw at it. I didn't have to really slow down for anything & that helped keep higher average speeds. Also without jerks, body fatigue is significantly less. I just stood up over all the obstacles.
On fast highways, the bike is stress free between 85-95kmph at 6-7k rpm in 5th final gear. It maxes out at 122kmph. With some luggage, the bike might feel more planted but a lighter rider needs to be careful.
The bike is nimble and the high seating gives commanding view of traffic helping better lane decisions.
The light weight inspires confidence and is liberating in a way. Many a times I left the road to explore trails leading to farms, dirt roads etc without fear of getting stuck. It's possible to turn using the rear wheel spin on dirt that puts a smile on my face.

Even in city, the light clutch, narrow profile, high seating & wide bars help to filter traffic. I wish it had dual channel switchable abs though as only the front has abs. The instrument cluster is quite informative. FE is above 40kmph upto 85kmph and drops further on.

The seat I heard is stiff but I was wearing Btwin gel cycling shorts so can't comment on it. Also I sit with a slight forward lean.
I found some vibes above 7k rpm but my RE days had me well prepped to ignore them. However I didn't need to pull the clutch to check my mirrors. The switchgear is of basic quality but the bike feels very solid overall. It is essentially a rider's bike so pillion is not a priority.
I wish it had a 6th gear for the highway and a bit more grunt to sit at 100-110kmph without using the wrist so much. For comfortable standing & operation, may need risers & thicker grips to avoid using the handlebar as a lever & better throttle control respectively.

I have heard the headlight is bad & I can say it's literally like a tubelight strapped to a motorcycle. Looks bright & shiny but may not be effective for a speedy moving object.

All in all, a great fun experience & I can understand why folks are buying this motorcycle. With basic specs, it is delivering great value. It feels like the Suzuki Jimny of motorcycles!!

Also I had good experience with the twistthrottle team. A good website, courteous in person communication and reasonable speed/distance plans.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-img20210404083538_01.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:23   #552

Xpulse owners sign in..

This thread is for all Xpulse owners who want to share their Xpulse related experiences, ideas, modifications, rides, questions, etc..

I started my Xpulse journey by joining an XTracks Rally event in Dehradun in December 2020. At the event, you could test ride the Xpulse standard or Xpulse Rally Kit variant on their off-road track. It was a great experience where they provided some safety gear and snacks. Hero’s factory riders were present to lead the groups around the track and to answer questions.

By December 31st, I had located an Xpulse at Haridwar Hero and signed the papers to take it home!

Jump to April; I am currently prepping my BS4 FI Xpulse to ride around Northern India, from Rishikesh to Ladakh, and many places in between. I have made some small mods and plan a few more before the planned departure date of May 17.

Mods:
Hero 40mm Rally handlebar risers
Front 30w LED light, via Amazon
Bosch single horn, relocated
JB Racing (Acerbis style) handguards
Made a custom stainless steel rack from my vegetable basket top box

Future Mods:
Husqvarna mirrors
KTM 390 Adventure footpegs
Bigger hand grips
Volt meter
Cruise control lever

Unresolved Questions:

What to do about this faulty ABS system?

I find my ABS engaging while simply rolling over bumpy roads. This can be really dangerous while riding off-road or while traveling on the bike. Supposedly Hero is replacing units with better ones, but I still have my doubts about ABS practicality in off-road situations. I’d rather have no ABS and have the front brake be predictable and under my control.
There is one guy on YouTube who has bypassed the ABS system by replacing the front brake lines. This may be the best way. Also brake feel is claimed to be better with this single brake line, instead of the standard setup.
Today, I will try disconnecting some wires from the ABS unit to see if I can chance upon a wire that sends the signal for the ABS to engage. If I can remove that, hopefully the ABS will disengage, without affecting the speedometer and tachometer (both stop functioning if disconnecting the ABS plug or pulling the fuse)

- Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-0667cdcc1a394213af5467e91088e4d1.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-40d1a3dbe1514a5f951eddd7b7791056.jpeg  

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-0ed5bfc6305e4e39b52fe8fd84e301ce.jpeg  

risefully is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 22:30   #553
BHPian

Re: Xpulse owners sign in..

Hi, welcome to the forum and congrats on getting the XPulse. The ABS issue was resolved by the replacement unit in my case, although it isn't the same case with every other owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risefully View Post
This thread is for all Xpulse owners who want to share their Xpulse related experiences, ideas, modifications, rides, questions, etc..
We already have a dedicated XPulse thread so it'll be great if you post your queries there instead.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-200-a-37.html (Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200)
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 00:39   #554
BHPian

My first experience riding XPulse was at a Motocross Track in Pune. Another rider friend of mine had brought his slightly modified carburetted XPulse and he was kind enough to let me ride it on the MX track. In the first lap itself, I was impressed with the bike. The ergonomics were just perfect for me.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-jump.png

A few weeks later I got my Xpulse FI version. It was a few weeks old preowned bike from our riding group itself, basically a known bike that I don't have to break in. It was clear that the bike will be used only for trail riding and rallies. In the next few days, weight reduction was done. A generic muffler, High flow air filter and a rear sprocket from Duke 200 were installed. Also, the oil in the front fork was changed to 10W.
Tyres were replaced with Ralco Motocross tyres(Value for Money tyres, I'll not prefer to use them for competition though. MRF have more aggressive tyres). The font ABS was bypassed to have precise control for offroad use. Please note you have to leave the ABS servo and Its wiring intact, to keep the speedometer functioning.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-c3a667fbad5149c8ae45fc1cb872a9f7_1_105_c.jpeg

The setup was decent enough to ride serious trails. The Bigger sprocket provided enough torque for even tricky uphills.
We also changed to a Hotter spark plug from NGK. Hero too recommends hotter plugs, if you want to do any spirited riding.
A few weeks later a piggyback ECU from the PowerTronic unit was installed. Although it does not improve horsepower significantly.
It advances the ignition timing and the bike stops feeling lethargic. Due to the installation of generic Free Flow exhaust, I was experiencing flat spots between 5000-8000rpms.
And It took us few maps to rectify this error without a tune on Dyno(It still surprises me Pune doesn't have a Dyno facility.) All these modifications were focused on Desert Storm 2020 which got cancelled eventually.

The Rally Kit

Few months passed Hero announced the Rally kit and a few months pas that we got it available in the market. It is a good value for money. But misses on a good handlebar, Wider Footpegs, Full exhaust system and sprockets.
The tyres are very good and I would save them for competitions. Ralco will serve you good for almost all kind of offroad riding.
The Flat seat is good the cushion is not hard enough to keep you stable if you weigh 65KG+. The raised seat height will also take some time to get acquainted.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-rally-kit1.jpeg
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-rallykit2.jpeg

The Suspension are not much heavier than the stock ones and are good. I wish the rear ones were not purely oil-based; as they are prone to failure once you managed to raise the oil temperature sufficiently. Which is rare for regular use but is a frequent sight in rallies.
Below is the weight difference between the stock and rally kit suspensions.

Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-forks-weight.jpeg
Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200-monoshock-weight.jpeg

The Rally Kit is a good addition only if you are looking for High-Speed offroad riding. For touring and regular trail rides the stock suspension is good enough.
ambarkhan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:56   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarkhan View Post
My first experience riding XPulse was at a Motocross Track in Pune. Another rider friend of mine had brought his slightly modified carburetted XPulse and he was kind enough to let me ride it on the MX track. In the first lap itself, I was impressed with the bike. The ergonomics were just perfect for me.
Thanks for sharing your experiences and mods! Could you mention where you purchased the Ralco tires and the sizes you used? I’ve been unable to find information.

Also, where did you purchase your front brake line? Is it 1100 or 1200mm? I’d like to change mine ASAP but need a referral for a good quality replacement.

Thanks!
Michael

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks