Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 20:22   #46
BHPian

Re: My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Today, I received surprise sms from Vespa India, wishing a "Happy Birthday" for my SR150 , which meant 1 year of ownership completed and joy of riding taken to new heights.
Congratulations, I am scouting for a scooter right now and want to put my money on the best. My search includes all permutations and combinations possible as normal as it can be for all of us on the forum. The Ntorq is at the top of my list right now but am getting pulled to check out the Aprilias. I would think it makes more sense to go for the 150 version rather than the 125 one. What do you think?

The scooter will be mostly used by me for nearby trips or commutes to the metro station. Hoping to buy a niggle free vehicle.

Your thread has been helpful and would eventuality help me make my decision.
Old 30th October 2018, 23:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Congratulations, I am scouting for a scooter right now and want to put my money on the best. My search includes all permutations and combinations possible as normal as it can be for all of us on the forum. The Ntorq is at the top of my list right now but am getting pulled to check out the Aprilias. I would think it makes more sense to go for the 150 version rather than the 125 one. What do you think?

The scooter will be mostly used by me for nearby trips or commutes to the metro station. Hoping to buy a niggle free vehicle.

Your thread has been helpful and would eventuality help me make my decision.
Thanks for your kind words.
My experience with Piaggio spans for more than 3 decades, but since 2012, I own new generations Vespas (an LX125 and Vespa S) and an Aprilia SR150.
Aprilia SR150 is wonderful machine and performs very well and easy to maintain. Sytle,Looks and design is unmatched for Piaggio creations.
I have been very satisfied with the service standards at Motoplex Jubilee Hills(where my entire Piaggio Fleet is serviced), which keep improving.
SR125 comes now in peppy colors and fit and finish is good with a broader seat for better ergonomics and better grab rail..not to mention the digital dashboard (which is missing in my SR150).
So make your choice now.Best Wishes.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 08:29   #48
BHPian

Retrofitted bi xenon projectors with a halogen h1. Both projectors work together giving dual low and high beam.

Am using a Philips H1 halogen 55w in each projector wired with a hella relay kit.

I will be trying HID 4300k 35w AC ballast a bit later.
Attached Thumbnails
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-20181110_203931.jpg  

Last edited by Harish.Krovvidi : 11th November 2018 at 08:33.
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 15:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

I have a SR150 Race edition.
So I have a clicking sound coming from out the rear. This is apart from a vibration somewhere between the number plate and under the seat. I have tried to check and was not able to locate the real cause of that damn vibration.

Each time I take it to the service center, they pretend to tighten the rear mud guard and say its fixed. But its NOT!

Anyone, any suggestions please?
Old 13th November 2018, 10:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I have a SR150 Race edition.
So I have a clicking sound coming from out the rear. This is apart from a vibration somewhere between the number plate and under the seat. I have tried to check and was not able to locate the real cause of that damn vibration.

Each time I take it to the service center, they pretend to tighten the rear mud guard and say its fixed. But its NOT!

Anyone, any suggestions please?
Quite a few owners reported this anomaly and it boiled down to a rattling noise coming from the rear alloy wheel. I believe the Service centres, replaced with new alloy wheel for some customers under warranty , where the rattling noise was really high. I suggest you get this checked at your svc.
Old 13th November 2018, 11:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite a few owners reported this anomaly and it boiled down to a rattling noise coming from the rear alloy wheel. I believe the Service centres, replaced with new alloy wheel for some customers under warranty , where the rattling noise was really high. I suggest you get this checked at your svc.
Thanks sir. I jumped the gun and put the query here. on looking around a bit, i found loads of information on another forum where folks have posted about this issue and possible remedies (or not)

I have distinctly loud clicking noise and the annoying vibration around the CVT area. super annoying! Had mentioned about the vibes on my earlier service but they brushed it under the carpet saying its the mudguard vibration and they've fixed it. But they either deliberately didn't bother or didn't know where to look.

Will take it again sometime this week and insist on having these two issues checked.
Old 8th January 2019, 19:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Christmas brings joy..One of our Aprilia Whatsapp Group decided to sell his SR150 (2016) done 30000km, rather it was a distress sale. I decided to bring it home, after getting a thorough check from SVC.
Behold my 4th Piaggio Scooter came home on the New Year's eve.The only modification I have done is add a robust windscreen. Here you go..
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-7.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-6.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-8.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-9.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-10.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-11.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-12.jpg
After a few days of riding, I decide to bring both my SR150s togather in one frame..
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-14.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-15.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-16.jpg
The greed got even bigger, I decided to flank my Vespa 125s around my SR150s !!
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-17.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-19.jpg
Voila !!! the ultimate Piaggio Corner.. These machines are simply awesome.
Happy Safe Riding.
hillram is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 16:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

4th Service Report :
This was a simple scheduled check-up of :
- Engine Oil level
- Brake Fluid Level
- Rear Brake Drum cleaning & Brake Adjustment
- Air Filter Cleaning
- Body Wash & Wax Polish.
The bill was graciously Rs.0.00
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-1.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-2.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-3.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-4.jpg
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-5.jpg
Ride Safe.
hillram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 18:58   #54
Senior - BHPian

My Black SR 150 was craving for a 30000 km Service and the OEM battery also started to fail.
Service completed as per Piaggio Standards at Motoplex. What was needed :
- Engine Oil Change : 280.00
- Gear Oil Change : 560.00
- Brake Liner (3Nos) : 957.00
- Air Filter : 268.00
- Tata Green Battery :1652.00
Engine has become smoother and ride is much pleasure now.
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-9a175208c5ac49509d3bf40e12d9c05f.jpg
Brake Shoes
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-f32c52edd5b14a4fa50d2c2b30677061.jpg
Tata Green Battery with 48 Month Warranty. Piaggio has moved away from Exide
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-c6d503f6a76d4e178d55400241cd06d5.jpg
My Aprillia neatly washed and polished..getting a Sunbath !!!
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-22ce518b6fa44d62a1c049482a55dabd.jpg
In a nut shell, I ran up a bill of Rs.3700 for 3 year Old Aprilia, done 30000 kms. I find this cost moderate. Have a safe ride.
hillram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 14:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

5th Service : 2 Years of Ownership
Two delightful years have gone by with my Aprilia Sr150 still attracting attention on road, even my neighbours asking,if I joined Swiggy !!!!!
5th Service was an annual service wich included Oil Change necessaily for my low run 1200 odd kms vehilce.
I did notice that the service cost is now slowly going up
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-service-bill.jpg
Italian Beauty on a hot winter(#globalwarming) morning!!
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-special-effects-photo.jpg
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5th Service : 2 Years of Ownership
Two delightful years have gone by with my Aprilia Sr150 still attracting attention on road[/ATTACH]
Hi sir. Good to see your detailed ownership thread. I’m seriously considering the Aprilia SR150 mainly for regular commuter duties in Chennai. I will mostly try for a pre owned one since I don’t have the resources for the new one yet and the bike would also be utilised only for 6-8 months in a year. A few questions to you. Appreciate your replies

1. What in your view is a reasonable price for 1-2 year samples ?
2. Noted your service costs. Is that the usual cost or because you have purchased some warranties or service packs ?
3. Is the ride really bone jarring ?
4. Are the helmet box and mirror you have installed easily available or was it specially made for your scooter ?

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Hi sir. Good to see your detailed ownership thread. I’m seriously considering the Aprilia SR150 mainly for regular commuter duties in Chennai. I will mostly try for a pre owned one since I don’t have the resources for the new one yet and the bike would also be utilised only for 6-8 months in a year. A few questions to you. Appreciate your replies

2. Noted your service costs. Is that the usual cost or because you have purchased some warranties or service packs ?
4. Are the helmet box and mirror you have installed easily available or was it specially made for your scooter ?

Thanks
Thanks for your appreciation.

To answer your questions :
- A 2017 SR150 probably done 15000kms should come between 40-50k.
- I have not purchased any warranties or service packs.
- Yes, it is slightly harder ride.
- Helmet box is Studds brand available on their website, but the windscreen is a modified one (from a Yamaha Enticer, which is no longer available).
Best Wishes
Old 4th June 2020, 18:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Lockdown Woes: Battery replacement
Inspite of my best efforts to keep my vehicle running during lockdown period, Battery was somehow becoming weak. Also I was on OEM Battery for last 3 years. Hence decided to get a new OEM Maintenance free Battery.
Tata Batteries have become OEM suppliers for Piaggio. A 48 Month battery costed me Rs.1800
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-155101e7e5dd4c59b1cb5cd30e067465.jpg
Masks are mandatory now, Hence Motoplex decided to give out branded masks.I think its uber cool to wear these masks !!!!
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-bffe23fbd36b44bfb7ba501a645ced06.jpg
Could not resist those Bane like looks with a Vespa/Aprilia mask.
My Aprilia SR150 Race Edition-35b2c1e3e9ec43d58642e55b70352a00.jpg
Those who own Vespa / Aprilia can try at their local showroom for these masks, which are distributed free of cost. Have a safe social distant masked ride !!
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 23:29   #59
BHPian

Is the availability of spares an issue for every Aprilia/Vespa owner or is it just me who has been facing this issue ?
So my service was due in May, but due to the lockdowm, had no option but to postpone it as everything was closed. So now as the restrictions have been eased, I checked up my vehicle and rode around to fill up petrol and air. As I was riding, I noticed that the front brake was not at all working. I initially thought it would be down to the pads being worn out, but I had replaced them 6 months back only. After a day or two I checked again and saw that the Master Brake cylinder is leaking like anything. So called up the nearest service station in Ulhasnagar and asked if the part is available, and straightaway the answer was no, and the guy even told me to go and check with the Thane centre, which is quite far. I'm really surprised as to how these centres don't even have basic parts that are essential for the functioning of the bike. I have written an email to the HQ 2 days back but still haven't received any response. Really sorry state of affairs at Vespa
Old 16th August 2020, 11:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Is the availability of spares an issue for every Aprilia/Vespa owner or is it just me who has been facing this issue ?
So my service was due in May, but due to the lockdowm, had no option but to postpone it as everything was closed. So now as the restrictions have been eased, I checked up my vehicle and rode around to fill up petrol and air. As I was riding, I noticed that the front brake was not at all working. I initially thought it would be down to the pads being worn out, but I had replaced them 6 months back only. After a day or two I checked again and saw that the Master Brake cylinder is leaking like anything. So called up the nearest service station in Ulhasnagar and asked if the part is available, and straightaway the answer was no, and the guy even told me to go and check with the Thane centre, which is quite far. I'm really surprised as to how these centres don't even have basic parts that are essential for the functioning of the bike. I have written an email to the HQ 2 days back but still haven't received any response. Really sorry state of affairs at Vespa
Let me clarify : Master Brake cylinder is not replaced everytime, hence it is not a fast moving sparepart, hence they dont stock t. But surely it will be available on order in few days from Vespa.

Most Viewed