Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 23:08   #1
BHPian

Prepping a KARIZMA for Drag racing

Buddies I have a TOTALLY STOCK EURO 3 ZMA done 2600 KMS that is 1 and a half-year-old. I’m planning to use it in the forthcoming SPEED RUN. So please help me out with the mods. Please let me know what are the mods that need to be carried out to make it a DRAG SPEC MACHINE. Please note that I don’t mind if the bike wont be PRACTICAL for regular street use and im NOT ON A LIMITED BUDGET
Old 1st December 2006, 00:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Eagle,

Search KARIZMA in the search options and you will find so many threads.

May be you can find something.

Mugen.
Old 1st December 2006, 15:22   #3
BHPian

u will have to decide if u wnat to enter in the stock or modified class.
Modified class means, u will need a fully blown mod job with lightened chassis and all, but the bore will have to be stock.
In the stock class, u can strip the bike, but still keep stock engine and drive-train.
Old 1st December 2006, 22:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
u will have to decide if u wnat to enter in the stock or modified class.
Modified class means, u will need a fully blown mod job with lightened chassis and all, but the bore will have to be stock.
In the stock class, u can strip the bike, but still keep stock engine and drive-train.
I dont think there is STOCK CLASS and MODIFIED CLASS for bikes dude
Please clarify
Old 2nd December 2006, 00:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post

Search KARIZMA in the search options and you will find so many threads.

May be you can find something.
i doubt there is much on a drag spec karizma, atleast don't remember coming across anything.

manson.
Old 2nd December 2006, 01:48   #6
BHPian

There is a stock class and modified class for bikes in the speedrun. This is true for two strokes and four strokes. As fieroid said you need to keep the bore stock for the stock class and only lighten the bike. In modified class you can go the whole way. For ex, ported and flowed head which can be matched by a properly designed exhaust, camshaft to alter the valve timings etc. Changes in gearing, suspension, altering the ride height. There is no dearth to mods when it comes to drags.

Assuming that this is the first time you are participating in the drag, i would suggest that you take the stock route first to get a first hand experience whats it like. Then next speed run onwards you can think of modifying the engine.
Old 2nd December 2006, 03:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, there's a stock class for bikes? Didn't know that...I thought you could bore anything out as long as you stayed in the limit for your cubic-capacity class.

Find stuff for the CR230 or CRF230. That's the Honda bike the 'Zma is ripped off from. That should help for starters.
Old 2nd December 2006, 14:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

any link for the rules ??

I mean, how do they define STOCK ??? What kind of mods are allowed on a "stock" bike ??
Old 4th December 2006, 15:17   #9
BHPian

in a stock class, the bike can only lightened. no jetting, sproketting, nothing...even the tyres are to be stock. u can strip the fairing, panles, chain covers, saree guard etc to make it light. During scrutiny, the bike is well inspected to ensure no mods are carried out.

In modified class, except over-boring anything else can be done. u can go all-out on mods. But CC has to be within the limit.
Old 4th December 2006, 23:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
in a stock class, the bike can only lightened. no jetting, sproketting, nothing...even the tyres are to be stock. u can strip the fairing, panles, chain covers, saree guard etc to make it light. During scrutiny, the bike is well inspected to ensure no mods are carried out.

In modified class, except over-boring anything else can be done. u can go all-out on mods. But CC has to be within the limit.
But in the results given in AUTOCAR mag 2 wheelers were calssified as 2 STROKES and 4 STROKES
Old 4th December 2006, 23:32   #11
BHPian

details

pls tell me where to get full details(entry fee,rules and regulation etc....) abt speedrun
Old 5th December 2006, 17:29   #12
BHPian

just check out GIR : India Kaleidoscoped! for more info about mods..
Old 6th December 2006, 13:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_f1 View Post
But in the results given in AUTOCAR mag 2 wheelers were calssified as 2 STROKES and 4 STROKES
yes its classified as 2-strks and 4-strks. but the stock clas and modified class rules are pretty much the same. however the CC is kept lower for the 2-strk class.
Old 6th December 2006, 22:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
yes its classified as 2-strks and 4-strks. but the stock clas and modified class rules are pretty much the same. however the CC is kept lower for the 2-strk class.
But they dint specify anythin like stock class and modified class

Most Viewed