Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:10   #1
BANNED

Dan's Motorcycle Repair Course - The DIYers Bible

Well! I had a striking intro planned for Dan and his online motorcycle repair course which has helped educate a lot of DIY enthusiasts including myself and my mentors, but for some reason felt that it would contradict my intent of sharing quality knowledge for the benefit of the curious souls out there who usually fall prey to shallow click/view baits.

Hence I'll let Dan speak for himself;

Quote:
Below is the Online Motorcycle Repair Course. I will try to take you from knowing nothing about Motorcycle Repair to being able repair your own and others Motorcycles. How much you learn and how well you repair your motorcycle will depend on you. Remember what the Bible tells us... " And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" (Colossians 3:23) In other words always do your very best. In reality, you are really working for God, and not man.

If you are just looking for general Motorcycle stuff go back to index and pick from there.

This course is designed for three types of people;
  1. People who want to do their own work.
  2. People who want to know how the work is done, but do not want to do it themselves.
  3. People who want to do it, for Pay, for other people
Dan's Motorcycle Repair Course

I do not know Dan personally but I am a hardcore fan of his work which first caught my attention when shared by a senior enthusiast who is known within the online motorcycling community as PSR Sir.

Happy Learning!
ashwinprakas is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful man! This is going into serious study for me right away. Thanks for sharing!

Motorcycle wiring always scared me. Now i am going to take slow stabs at it and get there.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2017 at 10:24. Reason: No inappropriate language please, not even indirectly
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 18:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Dan's Motorcycle Repair Course - The DIYers Bible

I was looking for something like this. Thanks for sharing.

I found a series of videos from Hero Honda.

Hero Honda Training Films
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:11   #4
BHPian

Another useful resource:

ManualsLib

3,022,628 pdf manuals

I found KTM operator/repair manuals here.
Romins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 19:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Forwarding something i found on one of our local groups
Dan's Motorcycle Repair Course - The DIYers Bible-123652010_10159338062369057_3943635527469542529_o.jpg
Quote:
Most motorcycle enthusiasts in Trivandrum might already know Joseph Rebeiro, who is known for his technical expertise in four-stroke motorcycle repair. He has also worked with most motorcycle dealers in Trivandrum in supervisory roles and has been mentioned multiple times in online forums like team-bhp. (note from self - couldn't find any - maybe he has an alias?)
Mr Rebeiro has over 40 years of experience in motorcycle repair, and he now wishes to impart his knowledge to enthusiasts and job seekers in the field alike, with a short term course of 10 hours on basic motorcycle maintenance and repair and an additional 5 hour course on engine assembly and repair.
The course fee is Rs 1000 for basic motorcycle repair and maintenance and Rs 3000 for engine assembly and repair.
The classes will be conducted at Mottamoodu, near Pravachambalam.
All sessions are offline. Maximum strength per batch 7 students. Please spread the word and register here.
*Classes begin on 17th November.
https://forms.gle/9XEfJsbMU5BXUUfd9
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 15:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Forwarding something i found on one of our local groups
Attachment 2077123
I have registered for it and I am in touch with them. They were planning for weekday classes during office hours but that doesn't work for most enthusiasts/ hobbyists since most of them would be at work - the same goes for me. They seem to have received the same feedback from many and are trying to work around that.
raman.aries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 17:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman.aries View Post
I have registered for it and I am in touch with them. They were planning for weekday classes during office hours but that doesn't work for most enthusiasts/ hobbyists since most of them would be at work - the same goes for me. They seem to have received the same feedback from many and are trying to work around that.
Quick Update: Received a message from the coordinator that Mr Joseph Rebeiro met with an accident. He is safe and recovering but it might be a while before he can take these sessions.
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:54   #8
BHPian

Might be OT: Does anyone know or have experience with any good motorcycle repair classes/workshops in Chennai? I have some extra time at my disposal, so prefer to have a class in which I can possibly get some hands-on. Thank you in advance!

Cheers!
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Might be OT: Does anyone know or have experience with any good motorcycle repair classes/workshops in Chennai? I have some extra time at my disposal, so prefer to have a class in which I can possibly get some hands-on. Thank you in advance!

Cheers!
Hi.. Please do let me know if you get any information regarding this. I am in Chennai, and I would like to participate in one as well.
WinniedPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post

Cheers!
Royal Enfield used to hold technical sessions at their service centers for owners to get comfortable with DIY tasks on their own bikes. This was quite popular but I do not know if they have organized these sessions since the start of Covid.

Do check with your SVC to see if these are still being scheduled or if it is all online now, apparently the free DIY content uploaded on the RE channel is pretty good.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post
Hi.. Please do let me know if you get any information regarding this. I am in Chennai, and I would like to participate in one as well.
Sure, WinnedPo, I'll revert once I get something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Royal Enfield used to hold technical sessions at their service centers for owners to get comfortable with DIY tasks on their own bikes. This was quite popular but I do not know if they have organized these sessions since the start of Covid. Do check with your SVC to see if these are still being scheduled or if it is all online now,
Thank you, neil.jericho. I enquired about the DIY programs, unfortunately those have been stopped since Covid. Apparently, the programs might resume soon, sometime in Jan or Feb, as per the SVC.

Quote:

apparently the free DIY content uploaded on the RE channel is pretty good.
You're right, I own a Meteor I found the Meteor's playlist by RE to be very good. I binge watched all Meteor related DIY maintenance videos by RE. The quality of video and the information in it are really good.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks