Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 21:15   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Considered patenting this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Let me check the procedure and the rules.
You will need to be quick. If required, take this thread off-line for sometime.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 21:19   #17
BHPian

re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Quote:

Why the relief?
Because a 6 feet long pipe discreetly sat coiled below my pillion seat. This pipe had 'Air filler valves' at both its ends. And this pipe was supposed to pull me out of my situation without dropping a sweat.

Attachment 1698908

This is a necessary equipment for every biker who does long distance riding. If you have a puncture repair kit also, you will never get stranded because of a silly puncture.
Brilliant Invention Tejas . Such a simple but effective solution!!
Old 25th November 2017, 21:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Let me check the procedure and the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You will need to be quick. If required, take this thread off-line for sometime.
I fully agree, a general search on utility patents, maybe Google patents should give some idea of prior art and establish your novelty. The invention is portable, elegant and effective. It can have a good market potential. I think, it is good that you posted it here as it establishes a date for your invention, nevertheless better be fast (contact some patent attorney) because people can cook the dates to claim for themselves.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 25th November 2017 at 21:42. Reason: Quoting the inventor
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 08:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because a 6 feet long pipe discreetly sat coiled below my pillion seat.
Amazing solution. The simplicity and the ease of operation is ingenious. Can be used even on a cycle! Like Rehaan said, such a contraption can be modified into an air blower as well.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 15:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Very innovative invention Tejas.

What are the parts that needs to be purchased? Can you name them? And where can we procure them
Old 26th November 2017, 17:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great idea but patenting would not be possible I suppose. Mostly due to the fact that the items used are already in regular use and are not patented design and the concept of transferring air is from high pressurized chamber to a low pressurized chamber which is again not a new idea nor can be patented.

None the less this is a great idea and can help out a lot of people. Especially those who do not have a spare tire like motorcycles and scooters.
Even though the modern air compressors are very small in size, carrying them to work daily can be a hassle.

Though one potential drawback can be that if a person is alone, it would be very rare to find someone who'd let you take out half of the air from his/her tire. Help, in India, is a commodity becoming increasingly rare.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:16   #22
BHPian

Re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Brilliant! I just got tubeless tyres and alloys for my enfield thunderbird. Im sure going to make a pipe like yours over the weekend
Old 27th November 2017, 11:06   #23
BHPian

Re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Brilliant idea. In addition to an air-pump, one can keep the pipe as a backup.
When everything fails, the pipe can help.

In case of a four wheeler, air can be borrowed from the remaining 3 tyres !
T1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 11:23   #24

Absolutely Brilliant...permission requested to make one for myself immediately...before you decide to go for a patent...
Sounak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 11:45   #25
BHPian

Wow! What a genius solution to a very common problem. I do a lot of long trips on bike and this is going to be one thing that I am always going to carry from now on. Thinking of getting 2 of these - one for the bike and other for my car with long pipe. Absolute genius thinking
Old 27th November 2017, 11:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Why the relief?
Because a 6 feet long pipe discreetly sat coiled below my pillion seat. This pipe had 'Air filler valves' at both its ends. And this pipe was supposed to pull me out of my situation without dropping a sweat.

Attachment 1698908

Hello Tejas,

Thank you for this insightful invention, I am based in Pune as well and Ride a TBTS 500, which when punctured will help you build every muscle in your body.

I am very keep to also have a similar utility and may i request you to please help me build one or if i could purchase one from you if you are willing....

Let me know if you are willing, i shall PM you and we can meet up.

Cheers,
Jimit
Old 27th November 2017, 11:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I woke up .....
What a wonderful innovation - out of box ! Really ! Patent it Please.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th November 2017 at 10:27. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th November 2017, 12:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Quickly I got the pipe, gave one end to the driver and I took the other. He didn't need any further explanation when he saw the pipe. He pressed the pipe on the valve tube of his spare wheel while I pressed the other end on the valve tube of my flat tyre. About 10 seconds of a hiss, and VOILA!!! I was good to go!
A simple law of physics translated to create a really nifty tool. This is one of the coolest hacks ive come across recently. I would ve liked to see the expressions on your faces when it actually worked
Thank you and congrats! Best luck on the patent registration. To inflate a deflated 4-wheeler tyre I guess the vehicle will have to be jacked up so as to get a variable pressure situation going(?)
Anyways for 2 wheelers this idea is gold
Do you think it would be possible to add a tiny control valve to regulate the air flow so as to avoid the over inflation situation?
best

Last edited by famousshoes : 27th November 2017 at 13:03.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:13   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing idea Tejas. Planning to get this one done and stuffing it under my bikes seat. Last week a friend and me took our bikes to a really remote location and rode for around 2kms on a road that was laid with lose and sharp stones in order to attend an outing from work, and I checked the bike every two hours or so for any punctures, since the place was just too remote and there was no availablity of air anywhere. This will solve the problem since I can always borrow some air from a couple of vehicles if I dont find a truck

A small tyre pressure gauge will solve the problem of over inflation I guess? That again would be compact enough to fit inside the seat.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Why the relief?
Brilliant. Great idea implemented. Thumbs up!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks