Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 13:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Very uniquely invented jugaad i must say.
Would sure try this out.
This will come in handy for a day ride where we carry very less luggage.

Also liked the small cylinder idea shared by @Abhishek3001.
Both of these is sure going to be a part of my travel kit.
Old 30th November 2017, 17:52   #47
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Puncture? Borrow air from another vehicle with my unique pipe design (air valves at both ends)

Brillant Idea

I would ALSO carry a portable compressor and tyre repair kit.

In a group 1 compressor and pipe would be enough.

Can be used for cars as well.

Cannot be patented in my view.

Again a superb Idea. But when travelling in groups a compressor per group is more sensible.
Old 30th November 2017, 21:00   #48
BHPian

Unique JUGAAD ! But why not try a "self sealing solution" as your first line of defence ? I used to buy them for my bike from the time they first became available in shops, and now get them online for my Yezdi, Nissan Jonga, Maruti Alto & Gypsy. Very effective, and total peace of mind.. from the expensive imported SLIME brand to many desi ones on AMAZON.IN, EBAY.IN, etc.
You can carry your "jumper hose" as a second option, as the puncture sealant is carried inside the tyres ! Another variant would be exhaust gas pumped into the tyre/tube, with a suitable adaptor at one end. You also get cylinders with compressed air AND puncture sealant together, that is enough to reseal and fill two bike tires or one car tyre to carry you to the repair shop. They are as large as average 400ml cans of spray paint, and can be easily carried and discarded after use.

Personally, I feel the self-sealing liquid and portable 12v air pump are the best combination... with a puncture repair kit in case you are running tubeless.
Old 6th December 2017, 09:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

The patent filing fee details are here, the amount you mentioned is for maybe global trademark / patent filing:
http://www.ipindia.gov.in/form-and-fees.htm
The fee i mentioned is to apply for a patent in the US, includes application fee, attorney fees,...etc.
I doubt a patent in India is valid in the US. Any idea?
T1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 18:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

I havent been able to get these nozzles in Mumbai ! Tried a few tyre shops, car spare shops, hardware shops including a pneumatic supplies shop but no luck. One tre shop offered me a spare but the washer was ruined and it didnt have a connector similar to the one in the pic which could be attached to 4x6 or 6x8 pneumatic tubing, it looked like a ribbed connector compatible with LPG gas pipe. Any leads ?
Old 4th February 2018, 19:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
It would easily had been 2 hrs of toil if I didn't have the pipe with me. Co-incidently, I assembled the pipe just a week back! I had this idea since a long time. Last week me, 599gto (from this forum) and Nikhil (another friend) were at a hardware shop for some other work. The shop had all the necessary ingredients. So we got them, and 599gto assembled it right there. Later we had a mock trial and it worked beautifully!

Tejas, this is brilliant. Thanks for giving us all this idea. I always carry a pump in my car which has pulled me and some of the cars of others out of bad situations. But this can always a great backup plan. Do you by any chance recall the shop details where you bought these stuff from? If it is from Pune, I surely would like to make one of this.
Old 4th February 2018, 22:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Always search on Amazon first:

Air Share Bicycle Motorcycle Pump

And

Emergency Tire Transfer and Gauge

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th February 2018 at 22:22.

Most Viewed