Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:53   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125

Paid a visit to Prakruti motors to check on the new scooter. Not much explanation of the scooter. 4 colors available, indicative pricing 74500, booking amount 5000 and call after 1 month post booking for delivery.

Dealership Experience is below average. The products are selling on its caliber than the sales staff. TVS can do a lot more if they hire proper dealers.
Old 24th February 2018, 01:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Paid a visit to Prakruti motors to check on the new scooter. Not much explanation of the scooter. 4 colors available, indicative pricing 74500, booking amount 5000 and call after 1 month post booking for delivery.

Dealership Experience is below average. The products are selling on its caliber than the sales staff. TVS can do a lot more if they hire proper dealers.
No such problem with me at Skanda Motors, Banashankari. They said 15 days for delivery.

Another dealer Bharath Motors offered to give me a scooter in 2-3 days. Going tomorrow to get my activa evaluated by him and a couple of dealers and will go with the one who gives me the best price on the Activa.
Old 26th February 2018, 21:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
No such problem with me at Skanda Motors, Banashankari. They said 15 days for delivery.

Another dealer Bharath Motors offered to give me a scooter in 2-3 days. Going tomorrow to get my activa evaluated by him and a couple of dealers and will go with the one who gives me the best price on the Activa.
Where did you finally get the best price? And any idea how they are able to get it in 3 days when everyone else has it at 5x the time?
Old 27th February 2018, 11:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Where did you finally get the best price? And any idea how they are able to get it in 3 days when everyone else has it at 5x the time?
Havent been able to go get my scooter evaluated because of personal commitments. Planning on going today or tomorrow. I guess they have more scooters allotted to them already or I might be the first customer. Can be a combination of both. I saw about 5 NTorqs in their showroom and guessing their stockyard has more and they had more of the color that I wanted.
Old 9th March 2018, 20:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Finally test drove the Ntorq 125 after a long wait! Test drives are available in very few showrooms- managed to get it at Ramkay TVS, Adyar.

Here are my observations!

1) Eye candy! Grabs attention like crazy! Random pedestrians were walking in and asking about the scooter. A Rolls Royce passed by and nobody batted an eyelid for that! Definitely not suitable for someone who hates attention.

2) Full faced helmets won't fit in. Not even the cheap Vega helmets!

3) Quality isn't consistent- while most parts of the scooter, in my short glance, seemed of high quality, the switchgear was a serious downer- seemed a bit flimsy! The indicator switch was crude to operate.
New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img_20180309_174812.jpg

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img_20180309_174817.jpg

4) Ride quality is pliant and you won't be complaining! Will be comfortable for long drives. Even the seats seemed perfect.

5) Performance is more than adequate and is leaning towards the fun side. Will be a hit with the youth! In comparison, the Suzuki Access is equally good. Need to test drive both again to confirm!

6) The exhaust noise is sweet! When you leave the throttle, the transmission 'shifts down' making the engine sound like the throttle was 'blipped'! Times have become interesting!

7) Atleast in Chennai, showrooms still haven't obtained approval from the RTO for registration. Another 2 weeks before registrations start!

8) Red, green and yellow are readily available at showrooms. White still hasn't arrived!

9) The speedometer was disconnected, it was a yellow scooter.

I guess it's a tight battle between this and the Suzuki Access. I'm surprised that the latter is still in consideration.
Turbohead is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 19:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when the Sync brake version will launch ? I thought that April 1st was the deadline for these to be standard on two wheelers.

Also is the headlight on DC electricals ? Meaning does it flicker on idle and become brighter when revved ?
Old 12th March 2018, 23:29   #52
BHPian

Tristar TVS in Indiranagar, Bangalore is now saying 'probably' in early April they can deliver the White/Black color scooter that my nephew booked and was originally promised delivery in 15-20 days!

Spoke to someone in the know of things at TVS and he said TVS is trying to increase its scooter market share in North India and they are willing to go to any extend to keep the North Indian dealers happy and hence their orders for the White/Black are given 100% preference at the moment, so all of us down south have to wait till they increase their production or the N-India demand tapers
Old 15th March 2018, 23:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Any idea when the Sync brake version will launch ? I thought that April 1st was the deadline for these to be standard on two wheelers.

Also is the headlight on DC electricals ? Meaning does it flicker on idle and become brighter when revved ?
The deadline for combi-brake/Sync brake/ABS is April 1st 2019.

Yes. Headlamp is DC electrical.
Old 15th March 2018, 23:54   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ameya View Post
The deadline for combi-brake/Sync brake/ABS is April 1st 2019.

Yes. Headlamp is DC electrical.
Did you mean the headlights are DC? Are you sure? I don't think it is DC. I will check and post it here
Old 18th March 2018, 12:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

The headlamp (not the DRL) flickers on idle, and brightens up on revvs. I was expecting it to be DC, but guess it isn't.

On a different note, mine was delivered last week. Pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails
New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img20180309wa0031.jpg  

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-20180309_190810.jpg  

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img20180309wa0039.jpg  

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img20180309wa0038.jpg  

Last edited by di1in : 18th March 2018 at 12:15.
di1in is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 21:48   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked the NTorq in green. Expected delivery this week as only one that was available was in green was a display one. The new lot should have landed as I am posting this. Will select and send it for registration.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 22:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked the NTorq in green....
Congrats on the booking! Did you take a test ride? If you share your impressions it would certainly help prospective buyers. Also is the light set up all DC as claimed in a few reviews?
Old 21st March 2018, 08:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the NTorq in green.
Congratulations, Krishna. If you don't mind, I've the below queries
1> dealership ?
2> On road break-up as quoted by them ? Bharath TVS quoted me Rs.75K
3> did the sales rep mention any availability of white color in the new lot ? When I test drove Ntorq at Bharath TVS a couple of weeks ago, they were quoting at least a month's time (early April, March end) for delivering a white colored scooter. Red had about 2 weeks of delivery period while Green & Yellow were available for immediate dispense.
4> The same dealership also quoted that there was no news from TVS on any accessories for this particular line-up.
5> If you have found the dealership experience acceptable, it would help if you could share a contact number of the rep you dealt with. Bharath TVS was
acceptably fair/decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If you share your impressions it would certainly help prospective buyers.
Well I did, Abhinav. An fairly long one in the area surrounding the dealership. If there's any thing in particular you're looking for about Ntorq, I would be glad to help you with that.
tabrez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:21   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Ntorq home yesterday evening. Went with the yellow color instead of green color. Will post the details as to why change of color in the ownership thread. A couple of pics for now.

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img_20180322_185121.jpg

New TVS scooter spotted testing. EDIT: Launched as Ntorq 125-img_20180322_194630.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
mine was delivered last week. Pictures below.
Quote:
Got the Ntorq home yesterday evening.
Congrats guys

Personally not a big fan of the scoots but this one is seriously good looking with those petal discs, 12 inch tyres & that console(which makes my 2007 RTR console feel spartan). Did you try it in bangalore B2B traffic? Do pen down a detailed ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They had a solid 10k difference in ex-showroom price for the Apache RR310 as well!

KA has to pay 2.15L whereas all the states surrounding it (AP, KL, TN and MH) pay 2.05L! I don't know what is it with TVS and the high prices for Karnataka state.
Correction. Recently found out KL pays 1.99L, thats 16k difference. Beat that!!!

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd March 2018 at 11:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks