Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:08   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any news on test ride bikes or your delivery?
Dropped by one of the local dealers here at Hyderabad: Susheel TVS, yesterday. Surprisingly they didn't have any details about the bike nor a launch schedule. The lone marketing guy indicated that they might start accepting bookings by Feb, but nothing earlier! Makes me wonder if TVS has planned a phase-wise rollout.
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:11   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
Dropped by one of the local dealers here at Hyderabad: Susheel TVS, yesterday. Surprisingly they didn't have any details about the bike nor a launch schedule. The lone marketing guy indicated that they might start accepting bookings by Feb, but nothing earlier! Makes me wonder if TVS has planned a phase-wise rollout.
Because rr310 is only being sold by few dealers and not all tvs dealer.

Check with this dealer.

RAMCOR MOTORS PVT. LTD.
SY # 180, SYED BRIG ROAD,
NEAR TADBUND 'X' ROADS
SECUNDERABAD - 500036
Email ID : raghu_ramcor@rediffmail.com
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:24   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Because rr310 is only being sold by few dealers and not all tvs dealer.

Check with this dealer.

RAMCOR MOTORS PVT. LTD.
SY # 180, SYED BRIG ROAD,
NEAR TADBUND 'X' ROADS
SECUNDERABAD - 500036
Email ID : raghu_ramcor@rediffmail.com
Thank you AtheK, Ramcor appears to be one of the new TVS dealerships in Hyderabad, but as the sentiments reflected in the previous pages, TVS should have planned out the rollout better. The particular dealership that I visited has quite a few walk-ins every day and the lack of proper/complete information would push interested customers to the Bajaj / KTM dealerships just a few km away.
Old 23rd December 2017, 14:52   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

TVS still testing apache after the launch.
That is one ugly big a** tyre hugger! 100% of buyers will remove it.

PS: I removed mine in the RC390 & made my mind to accept dirty mud baths happily.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th December 2017 at 14:58. Reason: Removing youtube URL from quoted post = repetition. Thanks!
Old 24th December 2017, 01:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

I called up a few TVS showrooms today. Everyone said that they will get the bike only in January. Really poor launch strategy I believe. The marketing spend will not result in proportionate sales. A company has to have the right product, at the right place, at the right TIME! They have the first two right but the third one is missing. 35 years of racing legacy and manufacturing prowess didn't give them enough market acumen?
Old 24th December 2017, 09:40   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I called up a few TVS showrooms today. Everyone said that they will get the bike only in January. Really poor launch strategy I believe. The marketing spend will not result in proportionate sales. A company has to have the right product, at the right place, at the right TIME! They have the first two right but the third one is missing. 35 years of racing legacy and manufacturing prowess didn't give them enough market acumen?
RR310 will not be sold through all dealers, but specific dealers in the initial stage. Please check the below link where the list of dealers & check with them please.

https://news.maxabout.com/bikes/tvs/...n=All+Posts+v4
Old 24th December 2017, 14:37   #172
Senior - BHPian

Their sales strategy is totally wrong for this product. First the availability is very limited to only few cities, secondly they are releasing very few bikes to these few dealers.

If we book the bike today, realistically the bikes will be delivered only by March as per the dealers I spoke to. Very disappointing, considering that KTM is there almost everywhere now.
Old 25th December 2017, 22:27   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/tvs-apache-...-12258017.html

Another blunder!

Only one 310RR delivered to a guy in Bangalore. And it seems only black apaches are being delivered. Red ones will reach onlyby March 2018. What nonsense!

PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 23:12   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome, guess I will eventually end up canceling my order. If this is true, TVS has decided not to learn from their mistakes, and guess we as a customer will have to show them, what they deserve.
Old 26th December 2017, 06:13   #175
Team-BHP Support

Exactly the same way TVS killed the Apache 200.

Too bad because the RR310 was so much better than anything India has seen - it surely deserves better treatment from TVS Sales and marketing teams.
Old 26th December 2017, 08:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome, guess I will eventually end up canceling my order. If this is true, TVS has decided not to learn from their mistakes, and guess we as a customer will have to show them, what they deserve.
Ask the dealer for an ETA by when the bike will be delivered? Also, by now the display bike would have arrived at the showroom, do check on that too.
Old 26th December 2017, 09:46   #177
BHPian

I believe TVS should be given some slack for the delays. If I recollect correctly, the Duke 390 2017 version also was delivered after 2-3 months from the date of launch and yet there were niggles like console issues and headlight issues.

As a first time manufacturer of 300cc bikes, the seem to be ensuring that their product comes out defect free from the factory. A test mule was spotted after the launch of the bike which implies they are still making minor changes and correcting any defects.

I do not believe in delivering bikes hurriedly and then seeing customers coming back to get minor issues corrected.

People had the patience to wait for KTMs for delivery after launch so it should be fair to wait for delivery patiently for the Apache RR310 as well.
Old 26th December 2017, 10:16   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Bharath TVS has received the bike, RTO formalities are scheduled for today. Test rides should be available from tomorrow (hopefully, knowing TVS it can be delayed too).

Let me see if I can drop in and check this out. Keen on this bike, one draw back is the pillion seat comfort and lack of grab handles. This is more to do with my expectations than the bike itself.
Old 26th December 2017, 11:56   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
People had the patience to wait for KTMs for delivery after launch so it should be fair to wait for delivery patiently for the Apache RR310 as well.
you forgot to factor in the fact that the 390 was a proven, well established motorcycle in its segment(performance,vfm and sales) (already 4 years in the global market in 2017 launch) and people wouldnt mind waiting for a good product.

But for a new product, that too from an Indian manufacturer who did not even have a successful 200cc product so far, the 310rr needs to have a best first impression.

As far as things pan out, they are just repeating the same mistake they did with the RTR 200.

But agreed, if one likes the RR310 so much, waiting a couple of months doesnt hurt. I just hope it is just a couple of months and not more.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 26th December 2017 at 12:11.
Old 26th December 2017, 12:22   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a first time manufacturer of 300cc bikes, the seem to be ensuring that their product comes out defect free from the factory. A test mule was spotted after the launch of the bike which implies they are still making minor changes and correcting any defects.

I do not believe in delivering bikes hurriedly and then seeing customers coming back to get minor issues corrected.
That is just a good assumption. Nice way to put down the 390 while having no clue about what the 310 would offer. Having an expectation or also known as hope is a good thing. Let the delivery start and we will get to know the real picture on QC and niggles.

The guys who tested the bikes had it for a day at max. RR310 is a great bike but calling it niggle free is just ludicrous at least at this stage when there is not even one bike on road.

If they do produce one that is niggle free, i will have to throw the hat and say "Bravo TVS". And one expecting a niggle free bike is just unrealistic. All bikes will be prone to niggles. It is how the company responds to fixing these niggles matter.

Last edited by VW2010 : 26th December 2017 at 12:24.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks