Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 17:24   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Here you go. I think this is what you are looking for, let me know if something else is required.
Nice! The same company Rinder makes headlights for the Ninja and other Kawasakis as well. And surprisingly they are based out of India, a subsidiary of Uno Minda. They export the headlights to Kawasaki and then Kawa reimports them to charge us a bomb.

Since the LED lamps of the Apache are localised, I think the part cost will be on the lower side. Sending them an enquiry soon.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 23:44   #377
BHPian

^Took the words right out of my mouth. I had a feeling they were Uno Minda parts, especially since in the USA quite a few headlight assemblies are either ECIE (Chinese...) or Delphi (USA).

Interesting that Kawasaki does the export and re-import, that should be atrocious on part costs.
Bhatman510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 08:17   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Apache rr owners, why don't you share your ownership experiences here? Now that you have had the bike for a while.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 23:10   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hello Apache rr owners, why don't you share your ownership experiences here? Now that you have had the bike for a while.
I have started writing my ownership review, should be submitted in few days, In the meantime a small picture to keep you interested.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-1518889251691.jpg  

AtheK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 17:49   #380
BHPian

Quote:
In the meantime a small picture to keep you interested.
Hey AtheK, thanks for sharing the pic.

But now am more interested to see more pictures of that matt black beauty in the picture you posted. Sorry for going OT, but being a GT owner, couldn't resist asking for more.

If the owner is okay with the sharing them online, you may post them on the modified bikes/cars thread.
Old 20th February 2018, 18:13   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hey AtheK, thanks for sharing the pic.

But now am more interested to see more pictures of that matt black beauty in the picture you posted. Sorry for going OT, but being a GT owner, couldn't resist asking for more.

If the owner is okay with the sharing them online, you may post them on the modified bikes/cars thread.
Hey, it's a pulsar modified with a GT tank, will post a couple of pics in my ownership thread
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 22:39   #382
Senior - BHPian

TVS dealers don't have a display bike as such. My dealer got 5 bikes in the first lot , 3 customer bikes and 2 display bikes. Now they sold off 3 customer bikes and 1 display bike and have only 1 bike on Display.

They are obviously going to sell off the 2nd display bike as well but this is only after their 2nd shipment lot arrives. Is this normal and do all 2 wheeler dealership sell their display bikes to customers like this ?
Old 20th February 2018, 23:01   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
. Is this normal and do all 2 wheeler dealership sell their display bikes to customers like this ?
Yes

For the dealer there is no display bike. All bike's are to be sold. As long as they have enough booking they focus more on delivering the bike's they receive rather than holding one for display.

All companies do that. CBR to dukes to Apaches.

There is a high probability that our brand new bike spent atleast a day on the display before it got billed to us. One way to avoid that is to choose from a new shipment as and when it arrives. But does it matter?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th February 2018 at 23:02.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 23:13   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Yes

For the dealer there is no display bike. All bike's are to be sold. As long as they have enough booking they focus more on delivering the bike's they receive rather than holding one for display.

All companies do that. CBR to dukes to Apaches.

There is a high probability that our brand new bike spent atleast a day on the display before it got billed to us. One way to avoid that is to choose from a new shipment as and when it arrives. But does it matter?
Yeah it kind of matters because TVS are very slow in shipping their bikes to dealers. So the first lot came during 2nd week of jan and the 2 bikes were on display from that date. Now their second lot comes only during Feb last week so the display bikes sits in their showroom for 6 weeks atleast till they decide to sell it off to their customer. So in 6 weeks how many people would have fiddled with the bike

The issue is I am one of those unlucky customer's as I booked my bike 4th.
Old 21st February 2018, 00:14   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah it kind of matters because TVS are very slow in shipping their bikes to dealers. So the first lot came during 2nd week of jan and the 2 bikes were on display from that date. Now their second lot comes only during Feb last week so the display bikes sits in their showroom for 6 weeks atleast till they decide to sell it off to their customer. So in 6 weeks how many people would have fiddled with the bike

The issue is I am one of those unlucky customer's as I booked my bike 4th.
Delay the payment they will give it to next customer, and you can take one from next lot. Intersting that your dealer is receiving very less bikes. Prakruthi here had around 9 bikes I visited him Last. They had 4 on display.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh-20180130_125313.jpg  

Last edited by AtheK : 21st February 2018 at 00:19.
Old 21st February 2018, 07:10   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Delay the payment they will give it to next customer, and you can take one from next lot. Intersting that your dealer is receiving very less bikes. Prakruthi here had around 9 bikes I visited him Last. They had 4 on display.
My booking was done on 15th Dec and made full payment 2 weeks ago at Prakruthi TVS & still waiting for 2nd lot to arrive. Daily I'm following up with the dealer & hearing it will come tomorrow or day after. Just imagine how frustrated it will be.
Old 21st February 2018, 08:16   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thing is they will sell the 1st lot's display bike along with the second lot bikes only.

So I called my dealer and told him I want the VIN # of bike assigned to me and I will have someone come over to his dealership to check it out. Only after I know it's a new bike will I do my payment. He paused a moment and then reluctantly agreed to it.

Obviously why should I pay for their lack of a display bike ? If it was a customer bike they should have sold it to me by last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb atleast. Not wait till their 2nd lot arrives.
Old 21st February 2018, 09:11   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
My booking was done on 15th Dec and made full payment 2 weeks ago at Prakruthi TVS & still waiting for 2nd lot to arrive. Daily I'm following up with the dealer & hearing it will come tomorrow or day after. Just imagine how frustrated it will be.
Oh yes, i never meant that the problem is solved, what i said was ffor a dealer in chennai to have received just 5 bikes till now is surprising.

Quote:
The thing is they will sell the 1st lot's display bike along with the second lot bikes only.

So I called my dealer and told him I want the VIN # of bike assigned to me and I will have someone come over to his dealership to check it out. Only after I know it's a new bike will I do my payment. He paused a moment and then reluctantly agreed to it.

Obviously why should I pay for their lack of a display bike ? If it was a customer bike they should have sold it to me by last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb atleast. Not wait till their 2nd lot arrives.
Good Idea.

Hope both of you get your bikes soon.
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:35   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No display bikes as of now. All are gone
Old 27th February 2018, 10:55   #390
BHPian

Here in Mumbai they are not eager to sell the bike at all.

No one is having a test bike, called up 2 dealers (Haran TVS and Shree TVS) asking for availability of test bike and both of them bluntly kept the phone by saying no display bike no test bike 3 months waiting and hung up the phone.

One Tvs guy asked me to inquire on Just Dial about their showroom number. :-l

I remember going to Harley showroom in Bandra sometime back and I openly told him I am just here to see the bikes. The sales guy happily and eagerly showed the bikes and also offered a test ride. While I agree that these guys don't have a huge foothold in Indian market like TVS and Honda but still the sales attitude matters the decision making too, these aren't commodity bikes after all, and lifestyle bikes have to be felt premium overall in my opinion.

Last edited by The Great : 27th February 2018 at 10:56.

Most Viewed