Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 10:29   #1
BHPian

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals

Since past few days I was having this itch to ride a Royal Enfield Bullet as I haven't ridden one ever and wanted to experience the legendary thump. Thought of borrowing it from a friend for a day but then decided against it as he loves his rides just like I do so I saved him from the awkward situation.

Next idea was of renting one and came across ONN Bikes Rentals in Jaipur and guess what they had a Classic 350 in their fleet!
They are currently operational in Bangaluru, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Mysuru and Udaipur.

Booking experience through their app was super quick. Whole process, right from registering to completing my booking took just about a minute.

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals-screenshot_20171226111957778_moblie.bikerenterz.png

They have rental plans for as little as 4 hours duration and even ranging up to a month. For my test ride experience, I selected the 4 hour period. The best thing was I wasn't required to give them any deposit. I was charged merely 170 bucks for the 4 hours duration (56 kilometers). Fuel wasn't included in this tariff and if I went over my free 56 kilometers, I would have to pay 3 rupees per excess kilometer.

Three hours before my pickup time, I received a message from ONN Bikes saying that my bike is ready and I was shared a OTP which I have to tell the location in-charge while my pick up.

Reached their pick-up location in Malviya Nagar. Showed them my ID and gave the OTP. They provided me with a helmet. Staff was supportive and quick.
I was shown the Bike which was a little dirty but otherwise in a perfect mechanical condition. They took some photographs of the bike before handling me over. They kept one of my ID with them.

I took off from there. Filled her up from the nearest fuel station and started my ride.
The bike, even at 17K kms was riding just like new. It had no issues with it except that it was going into neutral sometimes when I was shifting up from first. Other than this, everything was perfect. All the lights, indicators, horns and mirrors were in working condition.

Few pics:

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals-img_20171226_1519523952x2964.jpg

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals-img_20171226_1517563952x2964.jpg

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals-img_20171226_1609353952x2964.jpg

Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals-img_20171226_1609583952x2964.jpg

The drop off, just like the pick up was quick and professional. The staff first asked if I had any issues with the bike and any problems. I told him about the neutral gear thing. He said, they keep their bikes mechanically as fit as possible and how some people return them in a poor condition. I couldn't agree more, Indians don't respect other people's property that well.

After this, they did a quick check on the bike and handed me over my ID. An afternoon well spent for me.

If I have to point any con is I would love if they add some more bikes to their fleet. Right now its very few in my city. Bangalore has many options as I can see in their website. I will not mind trying them just for the sake of riding different bikes.

DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way associated with ONN Bikes. Sharing this review just for the benefit of other members here.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 27th December 2017 at 10:51.
Sherlocked is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 10:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals

Good review. It's good for occasional riders that such options are coming up all over the main places in India.

That neutral issue is likely to be a RE feature than a maintenance problem. I too hired a Thunderbird 350 motorcycle in Indore and faced similar problem. Ditto in test rides of RE bikes. Guess the false neutral is an identity of these bikes

EDIT: BTW is the numberplate colour appropriate? I thought yellow plates were for those driven by drivers (tourist agencies) and black boards were for such 'hire and drive/ride'. For example, zoomcars have black number plates.

Last edited by ani_meher : 27th December 2017 at 10:58.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 15:03   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
It's good for occasional riders that such options are coming up all over the main places in India.

Quote:
neutral issue is likely to be a RE feature than a maintenance problem. I too hired a Thunderbird 350 motorcycle in Indore and faced similar problem. Ditto in test rides of RE bikes. Guess the false neutral is an identity of these bikes
Glad that I didn't come across any other "RE feature" during my short ride!

Quote:
BTW is the numberplate colour appropriate? I thought yellow plates were for those driven by drivers (tourist agencies) and black boards were for such 'hire and drive/ride'. For example, zoomcars have black number plates.
No idea about the plates. I'll ask them about this during my next visit.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 27th December 2017 at 15:04.
Old 27th December 2017, 16:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post

No idea about the plates. I'll ask them about this during my next visit.
An explanation about the various types of plates is given here: https://www.quora.com/What-do-the-bl...wari?srid=5LDy
farhadtarapore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 16:35   #5
BHPian

Last August when I was on a personal tour to Udaipur, I tried booking a bike through them, but owing to the mad rush during the independence day holidays couldn't get my hands on any bike. But, I did visit their office at Udaipur and the courtesy extended to me was very good. I am a frequent visitor to Jaipur and I will try ONN bikes for sure and yes, in my CL 350 the false neutral thing is permanent. Guess this has become a trademark of RE's.

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2017 at 09:38. Reason: Language
MDED is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2017, 00:38   #6
BHPian

Awesome review! Im debating between wicked ryde and TWIC to rent a bike during the Jan month for a S. India ride (ONN looks like they have a BLR office). There price for a Dominar rental is pretty aggressive compared to the other two.
Bhatman510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 05:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatman510 View Post
Awesome review! Im debating between wicked ryde and TWIC to rent a bike during the Jan month for a S. India ride (ONN looks like they have a BLR office). There price for a Dominar rental is pretty aggressive compared to the other two.
I rented the Harley 750 for a few days in Bengaluru (Jayanagar branch). I thought Wicked ride had moved the footpegs higher to make more ground clearance, and safeguard their rentals. It was like sitting on a tricycle. For long rides in traffic it is very uncomfortable. I am 6'1" and my legs and knees were sore after all the lifting to these higher foot pegs. As it is, I am not a big fan of Harleys. But, this was the only one available at short notice.

Other than the bike itself, the renting experience was great. I rode in the outskirts of Bengaluru, NICE road, and Mysore. Will certainly rent from them again, but something other than Harley. Perhaps the Triumph Tiger 800.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 06:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
I rented the Harley 750 for a few days in Bengaluru (Jayanagar branch). I thought Wicked ride had moved the footpegs higher to make more ground clearance, and safeguard their rentals. It was like sitting on a tricycle. For long rides in traffic it is very uncomfortable. I am 6'1" and my legs and knees were sore after all the lifting to these higher foot pegs. As it is, I am not a big fan of Harleys. But, this was the only one available at short notice.

Other than the bike itself, the renting experience was great. I rode in the outskirts of Bengaluru, NICE road, and Mysore. Will certainly rent from them again, but something other than Harley. Perhaps the Triumph Tiger 800.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear from another TBHPian from CA! Was also thinking of trying out the Tiger though, I dont know how much mileage is allowed.
Old 28th December 2017, 06:57   #9
BHPian

Quote:
. ... They kept one of my ID with them ... .
Is this standard practice across all bike rental agencies? I'd better let them have a security deposit, giving off original Id can put one at a serious disadvantage in case of disputes.
Rennjit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 12:46   #10
BHPian

Re: Review: Renting a Classic 350 from ONN Bike Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Is this standard practice across all bike rental agencies? I'd better let them have a security deposit, giving off original Id can put one at a serious disadvantage in case of disputes.
Not to mention the BIGGER risk of someone misusing your original ID ? There are well documented cases of people being surprised with collection calls for fraudulent loans / credit cards etc. obtained as a result of misused documents.
//HB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 06:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
When I rented a bike in Vietnam, I purposely did a deposit and also gave a photocopy of my ID. They asked for my passport, i flat out refused since I needed it during my travels (hostels, if i did have to go deal with cops). Hopefully in India they do the same thing (or I have to make a bunch of copies)
Old 29th December 2017, 08:57   #12
BHPian

Question: Why is the number plate yellow? Aren't rental vehicles supposed to have a black number plate with yellow fonts like how we see in Zoom Cars?
Old 29th December 2017, 10:48   #13
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience with ONN. I have my own to share.

Wifey's Hero Pleasure was due a major service, so opted for ONN rentals as a stop gap arrangement for 3 days. Couldn't test ride the Honda Dio we had chosen as I was not in town. But what I could understand from my wife was that the scooter had its fair share of rattles. So an average riding experience. Cost was quite reasonable at Rs. 750 for 3 days / approx. 500 kms w/o Fuel.

Now, the bad:

-ONN had not mentioned on their app / website that we had to submit original address proof while taking delivery of the vehicle (we were fine with photocopies). But when the delivery was being taken, they had asked us to submit the same citing a WhatsApp order from higher ups at ONN. . Not that submitting originals is not acceptable, it is just the inconsistency in the policy which bothers.

-I had mentioned that delivery will be taken at 8 PM but I was asked to come soon. IIRC around 6.30 pm itself. Refused to early collection and asked them to delivery at my desired location if they want to dispose off the scooter immediately. They said it cant be done and they waited.
k88k is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks