Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 14:21   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Hi, please dont book without a TD. Whatever the dealer tells you. Yes, it is 4V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_ACM View Post
Is Aerox 155 LC4V or 2V??? About to book one today.
Old 8th October 2021, 14:34   #167
BHPian

I too have booked the Aerox. This being a new scooter, will have to be run in to get the actual FE figures.

I agree, most me-too youtubers keep complaining about the fuel quantity onboard when its not that big a deal. It's an urban commuter not a tourer. For touring use, perhaps a Himalayan would be apt.

Plastics and fit finish seem better than most of the scooters currently sold in India. After seeing my the access 125's plastic and trim quality, I felt the Yamaha was better. But the Access is super great otherwise.

The Honda Activas never had a pass switch for decades!

The placement of the fuel tank I believe lowers the CG and should improve mass-centralization. I really don't think it'll be that difficult to re-fuel..just getting used to.

I just hope Yamaha gets most of the accessories to the shop as the Aerox has tons of them sold abroad in SE Asia. Rear gas-charged shock struts with piggy back units, LED turn signals.
Crankpin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 16:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

The placement of the fuel tank is a boon, considering how easy it is. Just like any bike. The new Jupiter has moved its filling point to the front. Points to a trend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
The placement of the fuel tank I believe lowers the CG and should improve mass-centralization. I really don't think it'll be that difficult to re-fuel..just getting used to.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:06   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The placement of the fuel tank is a boon, considering how easy it is. Just like any bike. The new Jupiter has moved its filling point to the front. Points to a trend
Yup, I just read about the Jupiter 125’s fuel tank position. It frees up a lot of boot space which would otherwise be taken up by the fuel tank.
Crankpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 20:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
This being a new scooter, will have to be run in to get the actual FE figures.
This scooter is positioned as a power scooter for those who want oomph/power with the ease of use of a conventional scooter. The power figures plus the 14 inch, fat 140 section at the rear shows that clearly, the trade off has to be in the fuel efficiency.

Anyone who is too concerned about fuel efficiency should look elsewhere in my opinion. Expect 32-35 kmpl maximum after running in, take anything above that as a bonus and you will be happy.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:16   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This scooter is positioned as a power scooter for those who want oomph/power with the ease of use of a conventional scooter. The power figures plus the 14 inch, fat 140 section at the rear shows that clearly, the trade off has to be in the fuel efficiency.

Anyone who is too concerned about fuel efficiency should look elsewhere in my opinion. Expect 32-35 kmpl maximum after running in, take anything above that as a bonus and you will be happy.

Cheers
I have a hunch that under regular city speeds under 80kph this might be more fuel efficient than the 100- 125cc scoots currently in the market as in this, one may not have to wring the throttle to go faster. Of course if you ride this at its 10/10th then it will return much less but for sane, commuter speeds my guess is this can get more or the same as these other air-cooled scoots. Only a hunch, don't count me on it

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 8th October 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Spelling
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:21   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
I have been wanting to ask this question for a while. I thought the job of CVT was to maintain the optimum RPM at any speed. This coupled with the decent low end torque from the VVT engine. I really expected Aerox to have much better efficiency than a Suzuki access. Seeing Sebring's posts showing 30 Kmpl, i was really surprised.
Maybe it's due to the run-in period like any other ICE vehicle.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th October 2021 at 03:19. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 8th October 2021, 21:46   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes; when we came to know of this, guess who popped up in mind? They started the trend, but for fossil fuel, TVS probably.

Hopefully engineers at TVS have taken care on the safety of floorboard fuel tank in case of fall & accidental scrapes of foot pegs & exhaust of other vehicles over the board.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 22:06   #174

Today I booked Grey Vermilion Aerox by paying 2k , Representative confirmed that it will take 25 days for delivery. In the mean time ..,

- Can any one help me in explaining Break In process for this Power Scooter . Is it same as MT 15 or R 15 as the engine is same ? The executive in the showroom said to maintain with in 60 KMPH for first 1 K and nothing else. Also , in some of the videos they were mentioning we need to change the engine oil with in the first 100 kms .

- I am planning to tour around 700 kms in 4 days time frame. Should i wait for first service and hit the highway or shall i take it during Break In Time ?
Old 8th October 2021, 23:15   #175
Senior - BHPian

Let me help. And, I'll go by the manual. Be careful in the first 1000 Kms since this is a power scooter. Keep speed at 60KMPH. complete maintenance slides are available. Engine oil change is at 1000Kms. Hit the highway but again...keep speed under 60Kmph. I know its easy to say it, but in no time the scooter climbs to 80Kmph, so you need a lot of control. Regarding long rides, it says avoid prolonged operation. With good breaks in between, should be possible. Look out for engine overheat in display
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepskarobar View Post
- Can any one help me in explaining Break In process
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_8740.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 00:32   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepskarobar View Post
Can any one help me in explaining Break In process for this Power Scooter . Is it same as MT 15 or R 15 as the engine is same?
While the user manual mentions the running in procedure, the general idea is to ensure the engine does not get over heated and is not loaded too much. This can be done in many ways. The vehicle should be driven in gentle manner with smooth acceleration and allowing engine braking. But, never stick to particular speeds on new vehicles during running in. Vary the speeds but do so in smooth manner. Like vary between 55 to 65kmph during running. Oil change is not absolutely necessary but it can be done for peace of mind. Manufacturing technology has reduced the need for oil change in first few hundred kms.

I am planning to tour around 700 kms in 4 days time frame. Should i wait for first service and hit the highway or shall i take it during Break In Time ?
There's no issue in doing highway rides in brand new scooter/bike. My Pulsar 180 had multiple highway runs during the first few thousand kms and it's still going strong. The thing to note here is the rpm/speed should be varied as mentioned earlier. Also, allow the bike to cool for 10-15mins every 2 hours (like during tea breaks). Speeds can be driven upto 70% of total throttle. But for sake of safety, keep the speeds under control till the riding dynamics of the scooter is understood.

Wish you many miles on your new steed!!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2021 at 08:37. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
John P Daniel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 01:31   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Yes for those - 6' above, (I am 6'2") both the seat support (for larger physiques) and knees space. It is manageable but still cramped.
I am also 6'2, how is the riding posture, does your back bend and curve a bit while riding like it happens in other scooters?

I suffer from back pain while riding scooties, it seemed like aerox's ride will be more bike like, in terms of posture.
Old 9th October 2021, 02:00   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
I am also 6'2, how is the riding posture, does your back bend and curve a bit while riding like it happens in other scooters?

I suffer from back pain while riding scooties, it seemed like aerox's ride will be more bike like, in terms of posture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Yes for those - 6' above, (I am 6'2") both the seat support (for larger physiques) and knees space. It is manageable but still cramped.
Allow me to add a perspective. I am too 6'2" and I have always loved it to be so tall

I ride an Activa for regular errands and sometimes have done full day riding on it for over 500+ KMs as well. I have never faced any issues with it mainly because the seat in Actiava (and many commuter scooters) is flat. This allows me to sit a bit towards back or mid section and hence have enough space to maneuver my legs.

But when I have a pillion with me this is not possible and hence my knees scrape the front section. This is much worse with modern scooters where they have some pockets or hooks at front which are a real pain to manage.

In this case it seems that seat is not flat and hence there may not be enough space to move backwards when needed. Though each person has a different physique, it is unlikely to remain easy to maneuver for tall folks. So an extensive test ride of at-least 10+ Kms is important in this case.

Better to wait for the initial hype to get done and then either take extended ride or borrow it from someone for the same.
sunilch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 07:55   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Do you have an idea about any other Yamaha dealer for Central or South Mumbai?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Try Avian Yamaha in Mazgaon. I hope they haven't shut shop. Number found online is 9 9 2 0 4 4 5 5 7 2 or

022 2377 8834

Edit: Another number through their facebook page is 9 8 1 9 7 7 5 6 1 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Don’t think Mumbai dealers are going to receive any stock before end of this month and plus customer deliveries will also start in November.
Did anyone make any progress of seeing the test ride or even a display bike at any South Mumbai dealership?

Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 09:31   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post

I strongly recommend you to take test drive. If you are thin, you should be able to manage with the seat, that is broader, but if you are heftier than the seat too will not support much for longer rides.

For shorter rides, say less than 5-10 km stretch everything should be manageable. But if you plan to drive longer, also on a daily basis, this is not for tall riders at all.

As @sunilch says below, seat is comfortable- but we cannot move back to manage cramped leg space.

So, there are multiple criteria to be considered.
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed