Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 10:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

I think scooters generally are restrictive for tall riders. I was just passing by someone on the way to work and clicked this pic. Regarding heftier riders, I feel this seat is really good. And yes, you cannot move back since there is an incline (Like many bikes these days). Only a TD should prove otherwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I strongly recommend you to take test drive
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_8695.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 11:30   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thank you SnS_12. Where did you get this information, friendly source?
Spoke with the owner who is a friend. Another dealership owned by a friend in Vile Parle which is permanently shut now thanks to Covid too said the same thing.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 12:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Render - Monoshock

IMO Yamaha should have increased the appeal by making it a mono-shock. Would have given the Duke125 a run for its money!

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-yam.jpg
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 13:49   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Did anyone make any progress of seeing the test ride or even a display bike at any South Mumbai dealership?
No change, nothing, all in the dark. I feel (no confirmation) since Dussehra (15th October) is considered a good day by many, the scooter may be available at some dealership in Mumbai for viewing and booking.

I see no point in bothering about it anymore, it’s become boring. The scooter will come when it will come

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 17:21   #185
BHPian

Re: Render - Monoshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Lovely lovely scooter. The only thing that I would have liked is a rear monoshock to up the sportiness quotient. This is the same that I miss in my Aprilia SR150.
Exactly my thoughts which I had mentioned in post #73.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
IMO Yamaha should have increased the appeal by making it a mono-shock.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 20:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

The bike has a coolant reservoir under the floor board. Engine oil drain bolt A, and Engine oil drain bolt B. So the oil cooling happens from different oil chamber. Pretty interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_8768.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 9th October 2021 at 20:36.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 21:27   #187
Senior - BHPian

Re: Render - Monoshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
IMO Yamaha should have increased the appeal by making it a mono-shock. Would have given the Duke125 a run for its money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Exactly my thoughts which I had mentioned in post #73.
Guys, that would change everything, riding dynamics and packaging of the the entire scooter. Don’t you think Yamaha would have done that if there was a tangible advantage to that setup. I feel the ride quality with the twin shocks will be far better and the KYB gas charged shocks will take that to another level.

A Duke 125 buyer would never dream of buying a scooter, however action packed it may be. The thrill of pulling a small capacity engine through the gears and red lining it in every gear is a different high altogether.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 13:30   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The bike has a coolant reservoir under the floor board. Engine oil drain bolt A, and Engine oil drain bolt B. So the oil cooling happens from different oil chamber. Pretty interesting.
What is the service interval for the Scooter, according to the owner manual that is.
Old 10th October 2021, 13:56   #189
Senior - BHPian

Was just going through the manual, and the durations are; 1000, 4000, 7000, 10,000 13,000 and 16,000 Kms in the coupons
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
What is the service interval for the Scooter, according to the owner manual that is.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 19:52   #190
Senior - BHPian

Saw these Yamaha original levers at Moto Performance Store and the colour is a perfect match. Unfortunately this last piece was already sold. It's raining continuously for the last few days and the bike is dirty
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_8895.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 11th October 2021 at 19:54.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 14:01   #191
BHPian

Test rode the Aerox in Pune at the Wakdewadi Yamaha dealership. I used to service my FZ1 here back in the day. Anyways, according to this dealer, the Aerox will be sold only at the Wakdewadi showroom for some weird reason and not anywhere else at least for sometime.

It feels more like a motorbike with a planted front end and good brakes. Suspension feels balanced and not too stiff. The performance is linear and smooth. It's a tad bit heavy to lug around but once you're on it, it feels nimble. The display has a lot of something or the other and I would have preferred a slightly easy to read display. Starts are super silent and surprises someone who is used to those long engaging noisy bendix drive starter motors on other scooters.

I have booked the Aerox at Monarch Yamaha (Tilak road) which is where I had purchased my FZ1 from. I would prefer buying it from Monarch as their service is good. Anyone else from Pune who has booked the Aerox?

Last edited by Crankpin : 12th October 2021 at 14:13.
Crankpin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 21:00   #192
BHPian

Hello All,
Been following this thread from the start and I'm looking forward to testing the bike and hopefully making a booking for myself. I am 6'4" and I really hope it fits me well. After reading multiple post about it not being compatible for tall riders, I really hope that I am an exception lol.
The bike was available in Vasudha Yamaha, Hyderabad Since 30th September evening, however I was out of town and apparently they have sold all 7 scooters allotted to them including the display scooter already. I was also told that new stock will most likely be coming this week and that the scooters being sold are directly being imported from Japan(according to the sales rep). Also, there will be a waiting period of 30 days since the day of booking in Hyderabad.
Looking forward to more inputs from Sebring
KingCheeese is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 06:55   #193
Senior - BHPian

Having fun, Mate. By the way, I have named him 'BOB', the Monster - (after the character in Monster Vs Aliens). Getting one sticker done with that in mind. This scooter endearingly has taken me back in time, when we used to ride 50 CC mopeds bare-feet on Malpe beach. The last few days have seen torrential rains in my City, and I hate my shoes getting wet. So, I just remove those, (and all the electronics, wallet etc from my pockets) toss it under the seat and ride on. Can't do this on a geared bike. The rain in its full glory has to be felt to be believed on a scooter this strong. I'm also using my CB 350 every weekend for long rides with my Tribe.
Few more negatives I observed are;
1. You cant 'lock the brakes' while parking on an incline. There is no lever there.
2. I'm used to the 'pass flasher' on my bike so finger always reaches out to the 'mode' switch by default
3. The key position for unlocking seat is not intuitive. I tend to lock the bike, get off, and then again go into 'unlock' position to pop the base open. This takes getting used to.
4. This is strictly a 'single-seater'. The other day, a friend wanted to 'test the scooter' and I was riding pillion. Just couldn't get a grip on the underseat provision. You need a pretty long palm and fingers to grip that chunky portion. So to do that I tend to droop a bit and my back starts to ache. The whole thing is not ergonomic at all (Yamaha, if you're listening)
5. At signals the engine switches off like a charm and restarts automatically on accelerator input but the powerful headlight (and rear light) stays on. It's a gnawing feeling at the back of my head that the battery is getting drained. Battery being 'imported' currently, getting a replacement from Yamaha could take some time
All said and done, 'BOB' does pack a punch and I have truly connected with him to have the time of my life. The smooth acceleration is just incredible. The starter is so noiseless and seems posh 'every-time I start'.
6. None of the accessories are available currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCheeese View Post
Looking forward to more inputs from Sebring
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_8583.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 13th October 2021 at 07:09.
Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 10:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Having fun, Mate. By the way, I have named him 'BOB', the Monster - (after the character in Monster Vs Aliens).
Congratulations on the scooter mate. Wish you many happy miles with it

Could you please tell me if the underseat storage is good enough to fit a LS2 full face helmet? Or If you could click a pic with a full-face helmet in it, that would be great as well. TIA

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th October 2021 at 10:43.
Old 14th October 2021, 11:25   #195
BHPian

A friend was looking to book Aerox after seeing a display vehicle. Does anyone know a dealer in Bangalore south, who has a display/test ride vehicle? The one near Ramakrishna Ashram said it would arrive only in December.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks