Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 09:08   #226
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Follow neither Vivek, switch off or delete the app and just enjoy riding the scooter

On a serious note, the odometer average seems realistic, the app appears too ambitious.

Cheers

Hahaha cheers mate.
Old 23rd October 2021, 09:54   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Is that the R15 in a different avatar? I guess it uses the same engine. This is a scootabike, not really a scooter. There really is no clear space and footboard between the handlebar and the seat.

It's a gearless R15 or gearless MT15.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 11:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It's missing in mine. Please post a picture since the dealer denies it comes with one. Thanks in advance
No wonder why they denied it, as in mine, something else is missing. There is one more holder that should have something. Sales people have no clue.
Regardless, that screw driver us useless - Poor quality one.

Here are the pics.

On a separate note, check the assembly of all the buttons and keys in both right and left. The fitting is loose, and the entire assembly is shaking - moving up and down. I have the pictures - don't know how to upload video. I checked with the dealer, the demo vechicles too have this issue. I will be trying to fix it during the first service.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-sdq.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-sd2.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aeroxright.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aeroxleft.jpg  

agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:50   #229
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed look in. Yes there seem to be attachment slots, (which somebody has flicked). Either that or Yamaha has not shipped. This is so disconcerting on a vehicle costing close to 2 Lakhs. Should shoot a mail to them? Regarding shakes, my bike has none, but something inside the meter console seems to have come undone. I hear a screw or something. One more point; The cubbyhole to keep a phone is too tiny for my iPhonePro, so I opted for a phone holder on the mirror stem. But then the wire keeps the latch open
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
No wonder why they denied it, as in mine, something else is missing. There is one more holder that should have something. Sales people have no clue. Regardless, that screw driver us useless - Poor quality one. Here are the pics.
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:39   #230
Senior - BHPian

Thailand is AeroX heaven
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:36   #231
Senior - BHPian

Given the curvaceous front apron of the scooter, how well integrated is the front number plate? The images all flaunt the design of the scooter sans the plate and I hope it does not stand out like a sore thumb
Old 24th October 2021, 08:59   #232
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite happy with my number plate aesthetics. Both front and back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Given the curvaceous front apron of the scooter, how well integrated is the front number plate? The images all flaunt the design of the scooter sans the plate and I hope it does not stand out like a sore thumb
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_9128.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 09:42   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Thailand is AeroX heavenhttps://Youtu.be/hoCP4h-b6lg
Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and now in India.

This bike is what Activa to us in SE ASIA.
Old 25th October 2021, 12:32   #234
Senior - BHPian

Here are my observations and some comments based on a week’s ownership. Some points may be helpful to those who are eyeing for one.

1. Engine start switch area has ergonomic issues. Thumb atomically presses the elevated area that connects the acceleration cable. Automobile manufacturers need to hire better UX designers!
2. The raised centre section makes it difficult to get in the vechicle - Shoes will easily scratch the intruding tank section and seat. Best way is to swing the legs to climb as if it were a bike. Strictly not for women wearing sarees. The cannot be a scooter as per Indian standards. :-)
3. Powerful engine. Enjoyable! Maneuvering difficult traffic and overtaking with sudden acceleration is a breeze. Leaving other two wheelers speechless.
4. Brakes are OK. Not great. Need to apply more weight in the fingers. This may not be the case with the scooter, I will check during the first service.
5. This is a Bike in the scooter’s skin. As @gansan mentioned its a scootabike ! :-) From the back, Looks bigger and taller than it is!
6. Mine is Grey+red. Its dull, But still a Head turner. I am sure Blue skin will pull even more eyes towards you.
7. Under sweat storage is ample - But this is the only area to hold any luggage. So, Not good for weekend grocery shopping. No hooks, no holders. Philippino market has hook as an accessory, that may be helpful, if we get it in India.
8. I am 6’2”. I am able to adjust and fit. I thought it is going to be very difficult during long drives. But I found I could accommodate legs. But if you are below 6, you will enjoy it more. Riding position is upright. Didn’t feel any pinch in the back after around 10 kms of ride.
9. The tyres are supper grippy. Has good grip in wet and mud sections. Able to manage rain slashed roads without issues. It has good ground clearance.
10. Connected Bluetooth. Yet to check FE. Guessing around 40 kmph. @Vivek_ACM posted his in this thread below.
11. Superb headlights. Ample through. No need for any upgrades!
12. Seat is comfy.
13. Suspension needs improvement. But certainly not as hard as SXR 160 (which I TDed few months ago). The gas filled suspensions may be a solution. I see YSS has their stuff too, specific for Aerox 155. But not planning to upgrade anytime soon.
14. LED indicators could have been added to this price.
15. No accessory is available at the dealership. All requires advance order placement.
16. There is room for many upgrades. BMC has Air filters. Should be able to use piggy backs. Need to check after few months or a year.
17. Issues found: Both the right and left assembly that has all the buttons is shaky! Even the demo and display vehicles have the issue. Manufacture should fix this! I also assume this is just an assembled vechicle - CKD… and done in a hurry. Need to check its noise and vibrations after some testing at poor roads. Also, clutch lever is shaky and need to fix it (DIY).
18. Tool box is a joke. It has only an ultra-low quality screw driver. There is a trace (a holder) leaving an impression that something else is missing too.
19. The Mobile app is very basic - But it has what we need. In the age of IoT, bluetooth already started looking puny!
20. Under seat storage is huge - But certainly not huge enough to hold a full-size helmet (as they advertised).
21. There is an USB charger in the cubby hole - But it cannot hold any 6 inch size phone. :-). I don’t need it, so, just using it for vechicle papers and a microfibre cloth.
22. Upgrades: May be a DNA AIR FILTER P-Y1SC21-01, for now. Need to source it from DNA website. Some of you may like to go for LED indicators. Suspension - May be after few months/year.

My conclusion: This is certainly a nice vechicle. I guess Yamaha India may improve it over the years. I guess, there will takers (₹.1.5L!), this vechicle is going to be here in India for a long time.

Last edited by agbenny : 25th October 2021 at 12:46.
agbenny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:27   #235
BHPian

Agree with most of the points stated above. Here is what I feel needs to be fixed.

1. RVM is too small, needs to be fixed.
2. Front visor could've been bigger. The stock one is not sufficient to withstand windblast during long trips.
3. This could get a keyless entry (already feature present in other SE Asian countries).
4. Rear Disc with twin-channel ABS should be added.
5. APP needs definite improvement. Everything is Buggy in it.
6. No mudguard at the front and rear wheels.

I'm planning to go for KYB suspension when it becomes available.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:30   #236
BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite happy with my number plate aesthetics. Both front and back.
That NTorq is lurking at its competitor.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:39   #237
BHPian

VVA in AEROX explained.

Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:33   #238
BHPian

One of the most exciting scooter this is. I am looking for excuse to buy this but getting none to convince family. Only dislike I have is too many sticker on this machine.
DDIS_RE650 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:18   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_ACM View Post
Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and now in India.

This bike is what Activa to us in SE ASIA.
Agree 100% - Its literally a workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Only dislike I have is too many sticker on this machine.
5 minutes with hairdryer - all stickers can be taken off

Let that not be a deterrent.

Its better than many of the 150 cc motorcycles on roads in our country today

Its a "underbone motorcycle"

Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:26   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Only dislike I have is too many sticker on this machine.
You can opt for racing blue or Gray Vermillion. Only Moto gp variant has lot of decals on it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks