Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
IMO, this product is too many years too late.

If it's all about power & performance, why would anyone choose this over an Ather/Ola?

I would have loved to have this scooty 5 years ago, but today, the EV scooters are both more powerful, more practical (step through), more economical to run, and cost around the same.
1. Those who are skeptical about Battery range
2. Those who like a bike but still prefer a scooter ( with bike-like performance )
3. Those who like the looks
4. Those who still believe in ECE
5. Those who like big scooters
6. Those who like a scooter and still likes long high-way rides
7. Those who want something better than Burgman street and SXR 160.

There will be takers who find themselves in one or more categories. We need to wait and see the sales figures.

Last edited by agbenny : 22nd September 2021 at 11:16.
agbenny is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:15   #77
BHPian

Atlast! Yamaha was on the boring path with SX, Saluto and using RX nameplate on a puny commuter.

This Aerox scooter and updated R15 shows Yamaha is waking up from their slumber
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Rightly said. Aren't there a sea of scooters already that can carry a gas cylinder or water cans. Why do we need one more ?

Very well said. Kudos to Yamaha for trying something different. It would have been easy to just launch another scooter to ferry entire house. They did this with R15 and now with this scooter. I would buy this scooter without a doubt.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:19   #79

I am definitely buying this. We have a 7 years old Activa they we use when we are too lazy to drive or can't afford to be stuck in a traffic jam.

I was planning on getting the FZ25 but the mrs also wanted a new scooter. Can't afford both so I was thinking of a fun to drive scooter. However, bother in law had a Vespa 150 and given the issues, I didn't want anything to do with Vespa/Aprilia and everything else was 125cc clones. Was gonna try and persuade the mrs to try the Avenger as she can easily flatfoot it.

This solves my predicament perfectly. I wouldn't be missing the bike and the mrs can also be happy with the new scooter, It's a win win for me.

On a personal note, I would seriously dissuade any lady from riding a scooter in sarees unless theres no alternative. And if you do please take care and ride very carefully. Movements and reflexes are severely restricted and there's not much your can do wearing a saree in case of an emergency manoeuvre.
tek2991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Rear suspension is shown in the official assessories catalogue. Anyone have any idea on this? Is it two gas charged shock absorbers which will be swapped out with the normal ones.
Answering my own question since I checked the Yamaha India website, it’s updated with complete information on the Aerox 155. They are offering the “KYB Ultimate Series Aerox” gas charged suspension as an official accessory. I think this is the first time that a scooter or even a bike manufacturer in this segment is offering gas charged shock absorbers as an official accessory. I will find out the price in due course and update here.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:52   #81
BHPian

Only drawback of riding a scooty for tall riders like me (6'2) is the riding posture.

It gives consistent back pain due to how the back curves because of handlebar being a bit lower.

I see some hope with aerox 155, handlebar looks higher than other scooties and the sitting posture might be bike like.

I might consider it, if seating posture is upright.
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Well I made the first booking for the Monster Energy Model at Laxmi Yamaha, Bannerghatta Road. I have all the details from the Yamaha. The KYB Ultimate Series shocks that I have ordered is going to cost Rs. 10,724. I've also asked for LED flashers costing Rs 1490
Quote:
Answering my own question since I checked the Yamaha India website, it’s updated with complete information on the Aerox 155. They are offering the “KYB Ultimate Series Aerox” gas charged suspension as an official accessory. I think this is the first time that a scooter or even a bike manufacturer in this segment is offering gas charged shock absorbers as an official accessory. I will find out the price in due course and update here
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-screenshot-20210922-12.04.11-pm.png  

Sebring is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:15   #83
Senior - BHPian

Good launch price in my view. Not for the mileage and practicality buyer but this is a good alternative for many of the entry performance bikes. Out here in Singapore, often, young riders on Aerox will be much faster off at the lights than my inline4, 400cc Honda. The acceleration is also like a powerful electric motor.

And there are lots of goodies to upgrade the Aerox with. Some common upgrade/visual enhancements I’ve seen is Ohlins suspension, adjustable levers, see through cover for the air filter and even the drive train (if I recollect ), bar end mirrors. I wish they also launch proper racks and luggage boxes which also will promote helmet usage to a decent extent.

If this does well, I’m sure Yamaha will launch the Nmax as well. Hopefully Honda brings the ADV 150

Last edited by narayan : 22nd September 2021 at 13:20.
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 13:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I think this is the first time that a scooter or even a bike manufacturer in this segment is offering gas charged shock absorbers as an official accessory. I will find out the price in due course and update here.

Cheers
It is quoted as 17K. Seems steep. Data is available in the website itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-screenshot_202109221251192.png  

SchumiFan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Well I made the first booking for the Monster Energy Model at Laxmi Yamaha, Bannerghatta Road. I have all the details from the Yamaha. The KYB Ultimate Series shocks that I have ordered is going to cost Rs. 10,724. I've also asked for LED flashers costing Rs 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
It is quoted as 17K. Seems steep. Data is available in the website itself.
Congratulations Sebring! Request, please post “all the details” you mention in one post, easier to post for you and doesn’t raise more questions.

What’s the booking amount, on road price with breakup, delivery timeline and whatever other information you received. How is it you got a quote of INR 10724 for the KYB shocks whereas the website quotes INR 17024. Please clarify.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 22nd September 2021 at 14:17.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Cyborg. I'm going by the official communication received by the sales team here. Sharing it. Booking amount is Rs 2000. On-road should be Rs 1,69,000 (As per him). Should get the scooter by October 22nd. Accessory pricing is enclosed
Quote:
Congratulations Sebring! Request, please post “all the details” you mention in one post, easier to post for you and doesn’t raise more questions. What’s the booking amount, on road price with breakup, delivery timeline and whatever other information you received. How is it you got a quote of INR 10724 for the KYB shocks whereas the website quotes INR 17024. Please clarify
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7039.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7044.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7045.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7046.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7057.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7058.jpg  

Attached Images

Sebring is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:08   #87

Quote:
How is it you got a quote of INR 10724 for the KYB shocks whereas the website quotes INR 17024
I smell a typo here. Either the website or the quote by the sales team is wrong. I would bet the amount printed on the website being the correct one.
tek2991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:36   #88
BHPian

While I wish Yamaha best of luck with this launch, seriously thinking what is wrong with Yamaha in India? They have such nice bikes such as MT10, Super Tenere 700 and 1200 etc. which they can bring to Indian customers. However they have been busy launching scooters while the cream is taken away by Honda, Triumph, BMW and many others!
wheeledwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:26   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
LOL... yamaha India is not aware of their current motogp line up I guess.
Maverick Vinales is not with Yamaha any more. He's riding for Aprilia now.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:46   #90
BHPian

Dang! Stonking motor with big wheels and good suspension AND Yam reliability - what’s not to love!! Practicality with oomph is a truly killer combo. Bet this’ll do well in the hands of a good tuner too. I’d be all over this like white on rice if I were in the market for a scooter. In fact, this might actually get me in the market for a scooter!

IMO Yamaha in India these days is to the bike world what Honda is to cars. A global behemoth with superb offerings in the wings (which would be appropriate for this market) and just a bewildering strategy in India. Hope they wake up for the sake of us consumers.

Last edited by RT13 : 22nd September 2021 at 19:50.
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed