Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 19:21   #121
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Scooter seems to be quick to reach 95-100 kmph and after that the progress is slow. It tops out at 115 kmph. Found a video link from youtube posted 2 days back:

ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:18   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I wouldn't consider this as a scooter from practical point of view, footboard area is almost non-usable. This more like motorcycle with underseat storage and CVT transmission.

Something like Activa 125 or Access should fit your bill.
While the space on footboard is non existent I think the underseat storage more than makes up for that. As shown in a pic in previous pages it can swallow a full face helmet along with a backpack since the fuel tank is up front it frees up more space in the rear.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:24   #123
BHPian

This review on the web I found to be quite good and detailed and amusing.

This is what we should be getting too.

Mafia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 06:04   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Please update us on the on road price with the breakup
Thanks, the price break up I got from Luit Automobiles Guwahati:

Name:  Aerox_price_guwahati_sep_21.jpeg
Views: 1114
Size:  35.9 KB

Quote:
Did you ask about the accessories, their pricing, and did you book anything?
They couldn't provide me any information regarding accessories or their pricing, and no I didn't book any accessories for now. I am considering the suspension upgrade, but will only commit to it after getting some reviews at the least. I will enquire about the accessories again on my next visit. Also, I was informed that accessories would be available only after one month.

Quote:
Look forward to your thoughts after delivery.
Will do
tek2991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Scooter seems to be quick to reach 95-100 kmph and after that the progress is slow. It tops out at 115 kmph. Found a video link from Youtube posted 2 days back:

https://Youtu.be/e3NjIGivpNg
How does the on-road performance compare with the Aprilia SR160. The power and torque figures are lower compared to the Aerox, but any on-road comparisons on performance?
Old 29th September 2021, 14:35   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2991 View Post
They couldn't provide me any information regarding accessories or their pricing,
The accessories price list is available in their online store, but currently not available in stock.

https://shop.yamaha-motor-india.com/...ions/aerox-155

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox-1.jpg

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox-2.jpg
nagarjun_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:53   #127
Senior - BHPian

My vehicle arrived last friday, and got delivered today (Wednesday). Today also happens to be my brother-in-law's Birthday. The guys from Yamaha say this is the first delivery in the Country. Coming to the bike, Aerox is hoot to ride and the most fun I've had on any two wheeler till date. Easily flickable in city traffic, and with adequate power on tap to tackle the highways this is the perfect vehicle. Shall post my observations shortly. Feeling happy I bought this
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7711.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 29th September 2021 at 21:54.
Sebring is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 00:24   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My vehicle arrived last friday, and got delivered today (Wednesday). Feeling happy I bought this
Congrats on the vehicle. Good to know that the delivery was way ahead of the promised timeline. Waiting to hear more on the experience, and hopefully soon.
Kishh_Krishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 08:53   #129
BHPian

Quote:
My vehicle arrived last friday, and got delivered today (Wednesday).
Congratulations!

You got the vehicle really quickly! Look forward to a detailed review.

What is the OTR price in Bangalore? You may have to wait for the accessories for a bit I suppose.

In the Aerox Singapore review, they mentioned a milage of around 34 KMPL. What kind of milage are you getiing?
Mafia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:13   #130
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. OTR is Rs 1,70,000. This is an imported unit I feel. I mean, many signages/stickers are in Malay. The super grippy tyres are too good. Regarding mileage I got around 30 KMPL. Should improve after after service. Another point I'd like to add here is that the space in between is not useless. I have my full backpack with laptop/rain jacket/lunch box/files/papers there. Its a great/snug fit. The boot also swallows everything, (for safety of personal things). Accessories will take a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
What is the OTR price in Bangalore? You may have to wait for the accessories for a bit I suppose
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7901.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7902.jpg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7808.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 30th September 2021 at 11:33.
Sebring is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:49   #131
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. OTR is Rs 1,70,000. This is an imported unit I feel. I mean, many signages/stickers are in Malay. The super grippy tyres are too good. Regarding mileage I got around 30 KMPL. Should improve after after service. Another point I'd like to add here is that the space in between is not useless. I have my full backpack with laptop/rain jacket/lunch box/files/papers there. Its a great/snug fit. The boot also swallows everything, (for safety of personal things). Accessories will take a long time

Thanks for sharing your initial impressions!

I think this scooter can be a great touring machine with storage available, refinement and a good speed/pickup, only down side is 5.5 litter fuel tank. You may need to refuel every 150/200 KMs.

As I am following your Smurfy thread also, I have a request for you!
While it may be comparison between different segment vehicles, please share your thoughts about Aerox 155 against CB350 in terms of various aspects like driveability, pick up, road presence, refinement, practicality etc.

Thanks

JLS
JLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aerox is hoot to ride and the most fun I've had on any two wheeler till date. Easily flickable in city traffic, and with adequate power on tap to tackle the highways this is the perfect vehicle.
Congratulations Sebring. You seem to have a habit of getting your vehicles soonest . Some contact? Enjoy the new toy!

Your remarks quoted above seem to be the answer to many people’s prayers, especially those who want a fast scooter but were staying away so far from this segment. Many (me included) are also looking forward to sell their “normal scooters” and buy this one. In Mumbai at a Yamaha dealership (Kamala Yamaha, Lower Parel) they have no display vehicle, nor any clue about pricing. Seems all will be revealed in the first week of October.

How’s the ride quality with the standard suspension on it’s own and what’s it like compared to an Activa or Access which you may have ridden. Guess the ride quality will be far better with the gas charged suspension than the standard. Is the INR 1.70 on road inclusive with the accessories you have taken? What’s the company recommended tyre pressure front and rear? What brand tyres are they giving as standard fitment?

Seems like an overdose of the Monster Energy brand stickers in the pictures (are they stickers). Any way you feel some stickers (if they are) may be removed safely to give a cleaner dark look.

Appreciate your feedback on the above.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 30th September 2021 at 15:43.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:17   #133
Senior - BHPian

Went to see the display vehicle today.

Some quick notes:

1. Average plastics. Ray Z looks more sturdy.
2. Panel gaps are visible. In some areas, it is more!
3. Larger than all the scooters in India. More bikish!
4. Looks good, But the color options are limited. Blue is too much blue. Grey/white is dull.
5. No dedicated flasher. It's a big mistake that the headlight flasher is used for instrument cluster nav. Not a wise idea. One needs to toggle between the old-school way of dim-bright. (So bad of an idea!).
6. Strictly a single-seater. Pillion not for kids. Not for aged. May be only your thin dude who is under 60KG with long legs may feel OK!
7. Also - The pillion rider needs a warning that s/he should not keep the legs on the protruding plastics (Especially on the left side/climbing side). The plastic cover on both sides is tempting to keep on the leg, climb and keep both legs on both sides. That is going to damage the vehicle seriously!
8. For 6 footers - the legroom is just fine. You can't just move front and back during long rides. For people of average height, the foot position is great. Should be easy to maneuver in city traffic.
9. Fuel tank and cap is in the mid. Not a great place. You need to get down and make sure petrol is not spilled on the panels.

Will TD once they are ready for TN. Looks like they are yet to get RTO approval.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-9.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-2.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-11.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-7.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-5.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-4.jpeg  

Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20210930-12.25.57-pm-1.jpeg  

Last edited by agbenny : 30th September 2021 at 16:35.
agbenny is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 22:24   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Cyborg. Ride quality is segment best. The gas charged suspension will be a killer addition, (but it's nowhere in sight). The tyre pressure recommended by the Yamaha technician is 29/33. Am yet to read the manual. A tiny detail; The side stand moves back in a very muted fashion. I love that. Try that out. The tyre brand isn't clear. I'll check it out once again in the bright sun. Stickers? I love them all - the more the merrier I feel. It's a limited edition offering, so they're special. Anyways they're all removable, and beneath all that, a glossy black finish is revealed. That should look great as well, offset by the matte plastic. 1.70 Lakh is just for the scooter, the accessories are separate. Let's see what they're priced at. Also, the reason we added this with a very capable CB350 around, is simply for those quick city runs. The CB is more for long rides/ discoveries
Quote:
Is the INR 1.70 on road inclusive with the accessories you have taken? What’s the company recommended tyre pressure front and rear? What brand tyres are they giving as standard fitment? Seems like an overdose of the Monster Energy brand stickers in the pictures (are they stickers). Any way you feel some stickers (if they are) may be removed safely to give a cleaner dark look.
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-img_7881.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 30th September 2021 at 22:30.
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 00:13   #135
BHPian

Quote:
My vehicle arrived last friday, and got delivered today (Wednesday). Today also happens to be my brother-in-law's Birthday. The guys from Yamaha say this is the first delivery in the Country. Coming to the bike, Aerox is hoot to ride and the most fun I've had on any two wheeler till date. Easily flickable in city traffic, and with adequate power on tap to tackle the highways this is the perfect vehicle. Shall post my observations shortly. Feeling happy I bought this
Congrats. Also thanks to Yamaha for taking leap of faith in launching a true maxi scooter. Some more pictures if you can especially pillion seat. Only two colours and 5 liter fuel tank is a disappointment. Looking to buy one sometime in February.
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks