Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 13:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
So, essentially this is not a step-thru. Wonder what is in that space between the legs. Is it a storage area?
It's the fuel tank. The power output is 13.9bhp or 15bhp ?
Old 21st September 2021, 14:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
It's the fuel tank. The power output is 13.9bhp or 15bhp ?
It is 15 PS, which is approximately 14.7 bhp. 13.9 is the torque output.

Last edited by Turbojc : 21st September 2021 at 14:02.
Turbojc is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Accessories for the Aerox155.

Attachment 2209921

Priced at Rs 1.29 lakh

[/url]
All this looks good. The scooter looks good and power output will be loved by many. Gearless will make it a lot of fun in city and that is where it will shine. Though I will still take it on the highway the way I take my Activa

There is a good market for it at this price. Yamaha should not compromise on the quality I hope, if this one gets a lot of bookings. Something like they did with FZ25. Lets hope for the better.

But what is that accessory for rear suspension? Adjustability? Or is it Coil V/S Air suspension?

Last edited by sunilch : 21st September 2021 at 14:29.
Old 21st September 2021, 14:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

This gotta be the most interesting product in Yamaha's boring line up. Wish they showed this vigor all these prior years.
Old 21st September 2021, 14:31   #50
BHPian

This is a welcome offering from Yamaha.
If it proves to be reliable, Yamaha could have a winner on their hands.
I am definitely going to have a 'dekko'.
Old 21st September 2021, 14:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ah man, I was waiting for this one to launch for a long time but finally gave up and booked the FZS250 last Saturday :( This is one scooter that both I and my wife would enjoy! But I guess I'll stick to the FZS250

I have a 10 year old R15 and the engine has been proven ultra-reliable and is still a hoot to ride. This one will be loads of fun with a good touring potential!
I liked the fact that they did not plonk the FZ's 150cc engine and gave a more modern one to this maxi-scooter.

Off-topic: People wanting this bike on upcoming festive season, I've been told by the dealer that there are supply issues for new Yamaha bikes due to the semiconductor shortage and very limited numbers of vehicles are coming in with waiting period of upto 40-60 days for FZ-X and FZ. So make sure you discuss this in detail.
NiInJa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 15:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one noob question. People buy a scooter for that storage space in front. They carry gas cylinder, veggies, kids, even. Now in the absence of this space will it have takers? Riders who want more BHP/higher capacity engine, with refinement, will opt for bikes anyhow. So where does this product fall/position, especially in our country?
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 15:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So where does this product fall/position, especially in our country?
This is definitely a niche product. My use case is that my parents have a 10 year old Activa, and we've been looking to upgrade for a while. They don't carry anything heavy on the scooty, so the lack of storage won't matter. I will of course insert myself into the picture, and have some joyrides. This is not a mainstream scooter, and I'd expect the target audience to be youngsters who can convince their parents to get them one.
RiderZone is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, one noob question. People buy a scooter for that storage space in front. They carry gas cylinder, veggies, kids, even. Now in the absence of this space will it have takers? Riders who want more BHP/higher capacity engine, with refinement, will opt for bikes anyhow. So where does this product fall/position, especially in our country?
I can see the Aerox 155 becoming really popular with young office-goers once workplaces open up. I used to commute to work on an Access 125 before switching to a CB350. The Access was really convenient, but the lack of power was frustrating. I also found it cumbersome to navigate through peak traffic on a 180+ kg bike after a long day's work. The way I see it, the Aerox offers the best of both worlds - the convenience of an automatic scooter and the power of a sub-200cc motorcycle.

Last edited by Turbojc : 21st September 2021 at 16:37.
Turbojc is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
This is definitely a niche product. My use case is that my parents have a 10 year old Activa, and we've been looking to upgrade for a while. They don't carry anything heavy on the scooty, so the lack of storage won't matter. I will of course insert myself into the picture, and have some joyrides. This is not a mainstream scooter, and I'd expect the target audience to be youngsters who can convince their parents to get them one.
Biggest problem I see about this scooter with parents is that hump in the middle, even if they don't carry anything on the footboard. The mounting sequence isn't going to be very different from that of motorcycles. Saree clad ladies will hate this. What is it anyway? Is there a chassis strengthening bar underneath or its a storage?
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

Lovely lovely motoscooter. Look at the size of the wheel/tires. It does justice to the power on tap. Only fly in the ointment is the 5.5L fuel tank. I expect it to return 35kmpl at max. My Jupiter gives me 46kmpl currently. I fill it once a week. Might be more than that if I buy this. ABS even if only for front wheels gives some safety. Would have preferred navigation to be made available on the screen. It helps a lot when going to a new location.

Finally, it has the power of 150cc and the convenience of a CVT..what's not to love..best of both worlds IMHO.

I saw a Suzuki Burgmann on the streets today. The back end was yuck. The wheels look like the spare ones doing duty till the puncture is fixed on the main wheels. The scooter is so huge that the 10 inch wheels barely fills the wheel well.

This is yummy. Price is not eye watering as well

Last edited by SchumiFan : 21st September 2021 at 16:36.
SchumiFan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
What is it anyway? Is there a chassis strengthening bar underneath or its a storage?
As mentioned above already, that area holds the 5.5L fuel tank hence the fuel lid cover sits on top of it naturally.
Everything about this maxi scooter looks good on paper but the real world riding experience needs to be seen. 0-100 will still take more than 20 seconds IMO which should be better than any other scooter but no match for a 150cc bike's performance. Is it too wishful to want a affordable maxi-scooter with sub-10 sec 0-100 timing? Anyway, eagerly waiting for video reviews.
Funny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
It is an R15 motor indeed, albeit with 2 valves instead of 4. It weighs in at a paltry 126kg fully-loaded, which translates to a power-to-weight ratio of nearly 120 bhp/ton. I wouldn't be surprised if it can beat the R15 off the line from a standstill !

Here are the full tech specs of the Aerox 155:
Strangely the brochure in Yamaha website says, 4 Valve engine but product webpage says 2 valve engine, so what is the actual number of valves
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Aerox 155 Scooter. Edit: Launched at 1.29 lakhs-aerox-155-specs.jpg  

vijay_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 16:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

I am struggling a bit to understand this vehicle.

Is it based on the R15 chassis (with the fuel tank removed and a foot rest added)?
Or the difference is much more than skin deep?
Old 21st September 2021, 17:16   #60
Senior - BHPian

I love it, my earlier thought was to replace my 2 year old Access with this one. But the practicality a scooter brings is immense, so my Access stays. I might still pick this one up once my office commute begins.
Does it come in the Monster Energy color scheme displayed a few posts above?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed