Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 15:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Drakula - My TVS Apache RR 310

Congratulations on writing the first ownership review of a motorcycle which has the potential to humiliate and destroy a certain 250cc motorcycle by Honda.

Your bike looks smashing (though I find it weird why would TVS take inspiration from Ducati when they have a partnership with BMW!) and even though I prefer my steeds clean, the stickers are suiting the bike well.

Nicely written review too, but I would’ve wanted a little more information on the engine characteristics.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 26th February 2018 at 15:13.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:25   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your ride and wonderfully written crisp review. Wishing you many miles on your Drakula!!

Was just wondering that you got a brand new bike from showroom and not a pre-worshiped one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

Getting the keys from the owner

Attachment 1735284
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 15:30   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Congratulations on writing the first ownership review of a motorcycle which has the potential to humiliate and destroy a certain 250cc motorcycle by Honda.

Your bike looks smashing (though I find it weird why would TVS take inspiration from Ducati when they have a partnership with BMW!) and even though I prefer my steeds clean, the stickers are suiting the bike well.

Nicely written review too, but I would’ve wanted a little more information on the engine characteristics.
Probably the designer was a bigger Ducati fan

Will add up some more bits about engine, after completing my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Congratulations on your ride and wonderfully written crisp review. Wishing you many miles on your Drakula!!

Was just wondering that you got a brand new bike from showroom and not a pre-worshiped one.
Thanks a lot, yes i think i should have been a bit more clear. The owner is actually the owner of dealership, and was handing out the second bike from the dealership, so he came down personally to congratulate me.

Last edited by AtheK : 26th February 2018 at 15:34.
Old 26th February 2018, 17:23   #19
BHPian

Lovely bike and a nice write up with pictures. The shark sticker is well suiting that area. Just a thought - The headlight cowl area above that shall be made Black for this shark to pop up and look perfect. Just a thought and try one in photoshop to check it out.

Suggestion just because you like sticker work to enhance

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 22:30   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Lovely bike and a nice write up with pictures. The shark sticker is well suiting that area. Just a thought - The headlight cowl area above that shall be made Black for this shark to pop up and look perfect. Just a thought and try one in photoshop to check it out.

Suggestion just because you like sticker work to enhance

Swami
Thanks Swami, and thanks for the suggestion, i will try it out on photoshop and will incorporate it if it looks good to me. Will update you.
Old 27th February 2018, 09:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the RR310. (Want to wish you a lot of time with 'Dracula', but not sure how that will be taken )

Do you know if regular deliveries are happening in Bangalore? I heard the waiting periods are long now.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 11:17   #22
BHPian

Awesome bike and as you said the color and the styling looks top notch! I liked this red more than the black, the stripes on the front and rear adds more character to this bike. Congrats and have a great time with your Drakula!

Can you please provide the on-road price and insurance break up, some how I couldn't get the info from the initial posts. Also how do you rate the pillion ride comfort? Did you get a chance to cover some distance with a pillion? TIA.

Regards,
-Badri

Last edited by Full_Minchingu : 27th February 2018 at 11:25.
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 12:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations there mate. She looks amazing

Even I own the erstwhile RTR 160(from first batch 2007 model) and she has been a great companion for a decade now(10+ years). Lately while feeling the itch to upgrade the sensible-me tried zeroing in on the FZ25 as my budget is strictly ~1.5-2L max. But this 310RR just blows off all senses out of the window and makes me want to go write that cheque. Somehow holding myself for now, plus Bangalore taxes make things worse for us. 2.65L OTR isn't it?

Do let us know about the pillion riding experience once you head out with your wife on this. Nandi hills/Krishnagiri would be a good starting point. Glued to this one for updates.

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th February 2018 at 12:36.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 14:23   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Congratulations on the RR310. (Want to wish you a lot of time with 'Dracula', but not sure how that will be taken )

Do you know if regular deliveries are happening in Bangalore? I heard the waiting periods are long now.
Regular deliveries have not started, dealers are hardly getting any stock, and one of bhpian is waiting to get his bike even after making full payment. He had also booked the bike in december. Last i checked dealers were informing a waiting period of around 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Awesome bike and as you said the color and the styling looks top notch! I liked this red more than the black, the stripes on the front and rear adds more character to this bike. Congrats and have a great time with your Drakula!

Can you please provide the on-road price and insurance break up, some how I couldn't get the info from the initial posts. Also how do you rate the pillion ride comfort? Did you get a chance to cover some distance with a pillion? TIA.

Regards,
-Badri
On road price came to 2.67 lacs. The insurance cost was around 5000 rupees. I still have to take the better half for a long ride, will surely update after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hearty Congratulations there mate. She looks amazing

Even I own the erstwhile RTR 160(from first batch 2007 model) and she has been a great companion for a decade now(10+ years). Lately while feeling the itch to upgrade the sensible-me tried zeroing in on the FZ25 as my budget is strictly ~1.5-2L max. But this 310RR just blows off all senses out of the window and makes me want to go write that cheque. Somehow holding myself for now, plus Bangalore taxes make things worse for us. 2.65L OTR isn't it?

Do let us know about the pillion riding experience once you head out with your wife on this. Nandi hills/Krishnagiri would be a good starting point. Glued to this one for updates.
Yes the RTR is one awesome bike. I have decided to keep her and not sell it. Yes it is indeed 2.67 lacs.

I might take my wife out this weekend, she does not have the riding gear, and i am a bit skeptical to take her too far on a highway with just a helmet. Will probably take her for a small date to Hoskote CCD, a round trip of about 60 Km should give me some idea to give you some inputs.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 20:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the bike buddy! Very well written review and good pics to boot as well.
More details after the first service about the engine is most welcome! Wishing you many happy miles with the bike. Kudos to TVS on getting most bits sorted on the bike barring a few not so good bits which you have listed, which are not deal breakers for many. But the main point that you make about it being priced 15,000 more is true and they would have done well to undercut the RC390 by a bigger price margin to set themselves apart.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 16:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone from TVS technical team called up, and asked about all the issues I was facing with the bike. Have given them all the inputs, lets see how quickly they revert.

Good of TVS to start following up with early owners(one more owner I know got a call) to start ironing out small niggles.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 19:30   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Even I own the erstwhile RTR 160(from first batch 2007 model) and she has been a great companion for a decade now(10+ years). Lately while feeling the itch to upgrade.......
If you are into sport bikes, I suggest R15 3.0

It is absolutely hot, gets slipper clutch and it as fast as fz25, even faster with the top speed. I guess it fits in your budget too.
Old 1st March 2018, 23:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
If you are into sport bikes, I suggest R15 3.0

It is absolutely hot, gets slipper clutch and it as fast as fz25, even faster with the top speed. I guess it fits in your budget too.
Thanks for the suggestion but R15 was in the radar way back in 2008. Heck I would have bought it eyes closed if I knew it was coming. When I bought the RTR in 2007, it wasn't launched yet. Later showcased in 2008 auto expo and I was like

Around 2010 to satisfy the performance appetite I did go for big bore and FFE which increased the performance to ~18bhp.

So going to 150cc segment is out of question. FZ25 too would have been a compromise, so now shelved the plan. I am in no hurry and can wait for a year. Hopefully tvs would sort out all niggles & logistical issues by then. For now would enjoy the test rides and ownership reviews
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:07   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your new Drakula, AtheK ! I too own an Apache since 2007 and have been looking for a replacement for sometime now. Your review makes it very tempting to give RR310 a Test drive, but since my wife accompanies me on most of my trips, the Pillion looks a turn-off for me. Hoping for your comments after you take your better half on a long ride !
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 20:44   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual disc 200 View Post
Quite interesting, Would the bike not start at all? or wouldn't start with a gear slotted in side stand?
So i tested this, bike will start if you are in neutral with side stand on, but the moment you slot in gear it will turn off. If you are already in gear, and side stand is down, it will not start at all.

Sorry guys Pillion rider update will have to wait, as this week was hoki week, and bike just rested.

In other news, i have got in touch with few Apache RR310 owners, some of the common issues being faced by pretty much everyone.

1. Sound coming from front brake pads.
2. Chain making sound from back side, specially on uneven roads.

Let's see how Service Centre tackle these issues. TVS has also been reported of the same.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks