Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 08:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!

Hi
I am planning to install this on my Dominar. Request you to provide your long term review like

1. How long did the cable last ? Any issues in cable cut etc within 3-4 months
2. How is the performance after 5-6 months
3. I am planning to put a handle bar raiser of 2 inches which make the current clutch cable shorter. Hence, if i use this product, will the shorter cable length be compensated (2 inch)

Also, please let me know where to buy this cable. Am going to install this by next week
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 18:54   #17
BHPian

I just got this delivered. Mine is a Himalayan, so the Long system is recommended. Amazon link here.

The Long system comes with a clutch cable so there's really no need to open up the main housing to attach an existing clutch cable.
I have removed handle bar raisers for now and the clutch cable length seems just about right. Will be testing it with the raisers when I feel like fitting them back.

Here's a few pics:

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100715.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100719_1.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100722.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100730.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100738.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201005_100858.jpg

I could see a disparity between the instruction manual and the actual system that I got. For instance, there is no "cut nipple" as mentioned in the manual, not sure if it's even required though.

I personally struggled quite a bit in getting it to engage and disengage. While the disengagement (clutch lever pulled in) happened easily, the wire wouldn't release on re-engagement.
Not sure if any of that is clear but I've decided to hold off on DIY installation for now

Head says it's steep at INR 3200, but from all the reviews I've read/seen, it seems well worth it.
I recently did a 350kms ride and came home with quite some pain in my left hand. Hoping that this solves it once and for all.
shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 19:49   #18
BANNED

If anyone's on the lookout for a cheaper remedy for whatever reason you have two options;

1. Get rid of the return spring on the Clutch Arm, on some motorcycles it's on the outside and on some it's on the inside. Irrespective of that it would take a couple of minutes to remove. This isn't an essential component strictly speaking, it is just there to make the motorcycle idiot proof as it negates the possibility of setting the clutch slack wrong.

2. Extend the Clutch Arm and Bend the holder to align. You could simply get a spare clutch arm and then get it extended, once installed just bend the cable holder such that the inner isn't fouling with the cable outer. I've noticed that the design on some of the Jap's are plain lazy compared to the one on my P220(Rod and Arm are separate parts), so practically you'd be reinforcing a component.

The first one is free and the second one would cost you peanuts.

Sharing for information's sake. I've personally gone with the first option as it was effortless and took under a minute on my motorcycle as the rod and arm are separate.

Hope that helps.
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 20:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'm enjoying the Easy Clutch on my Bonnie for couple of months now. I would highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-upload.jpg  

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-whatsapp-image-20200801-12.21.07-pm.jpeg  

dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 00:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Head says it's steep at INR 3200, but from all the reviews I've read/seen, it seems well worth it.
I recently did a 350kms ride and came home with quite some pain in my left hand. Hoping that this solves it once and for all.
Easy Clutch indeed!

I think someone mentioned that post installation, it doesn't feel like there is a clutch at all. This is cent percent true!

Turns out the latest iteration comes with adjustment at multiple stages on the cable and that's quite a headache really.
Even the service engineer seems to have struggled in getting the right biting point.

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201010_163602_79.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201010_163606_1_79.jpg

Easy Clutch by Pro-Spec: Reduces effort to operate clutch lever!-img_20201010_163625_79.jpg

Being totally honest, it is not set properly yet as I can still feel shifting is hard. That is a concern since you want disengagement when you depress the lever.
I will work on tweaking it further but for now I can certainly say it is well worth its price.
Old 20th February 2023, 13:30   #21
BHPian

I have ordered Easy Clutch by pro-Spec for my Interceptor 650 in Aug 2022. The delivery was superfast, and a mechanic in a FNG installed it in no time.

It was perhaps not set-up in a optimum way, and I was not able to get any benefit out of the product, the pull was equally hard like the stock cable and slotting into Neural was difficult.

As I stay in Bangalore, I got in touch with owner of Pro-Spec Mr. Madhan to seek help directly, He was kind enough to help me with the proper setting personally, and now the bike drives like a dream.

Mr. Madhan and his son Mr. Ajay were also kind enough to offer me an upgraded version of the Easy Clutch (version 5), and also took the time to explain the set-up and operating mechanism in great detail.

I definitely recommend it for fellow bikers who would like to have an easy pull clutch lever.
vidyasagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 14:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

There are hydraulic clutch kits available now a days in the market, I would like to ask those who have experienced both easy clutch and hydraulic clutch which one is better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks