Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 15:47   #1

Suggest Me The Best Enfield

Hey there Guys...

I am looking for the best Enfield...

Bullet is to basic.. thundar bird look cheap...

I am thinking about Electra and Machismo...
i dont know much about this machine..
But i like it like hell...

Plzz help me out..
Old 12th December 2006, 23:47   #2
BHPian

Nice to see you looking for a bull...tell me what is that u want from your bullet and what kind of rides are you planning...
Old 12th December 2006, 23:59   #3
BHPian

Anyway, to put my views:

An Electra will never have the FEEL of a STD 350;
A Machismo/TBird will never have the Feel of even an Electra

The authentic bull sound is from the STD 350 and that is due to the CB Point system. The thump is little less in Electra bcos the current ones use TCI. Its worse in Machismo (bcos of CDI system) and Thunderbird (latest ones have TCI system) and Aluminium Lean Burn Engine.

This is were your requirements come first

Option A:
You want a real BULLET with that majestic thump buy a 500 or STD 350.

Option B:
You want a Bull which is decent, gives average mileage, has a good Thump - buy Electra

Option C:
You want a bull with good mileage, best pickup, maintenance free (in comparitive terms ) and technically better BUT with less THUMP and Rattling AVL engine (though I feel its worth it as the engine noise goes down in years and less likely to seize) go for Machismo

Above + cruiser styling BUT expensive then TBird.

Cheers!
Madbull-Ram
Old 13th December 2006, 05:18   #4
BHPian

well said madbullram, even i had the same question, it seems that you answered them all
Old 30th December 2006, 16:50   #5
BHPian

"The authentic bull sound is from the STD 350 and that is due to the CB Point system. The thump is little less in Electra bcos the current ones use TCI. Its worse in Machismo (bcos of CDI system) and Thunderbird (latest ones have TCI system) and Aluminium Lean Burn Engine"

hey Madbullram I wanted to ask the thump rate for a 500 cc Bull. I used to own one some time back. when I bought it, i observed a very peculiar sound coming from the engine and I consulted the authorised service centre but I was told that as the bike is new, so 500 cc engine takes some time to adjust and produce the right thump. The thump was a bit suppressed by that sound coming from the engine. And after three years of ownership I sold it off after a lot of complaints to the BuLL chennai corporate office. They had sent in their best man to look into the matter also . What he suggessted was a bit surprising for me. He said that the Piston and cylinders are not propoerly aligned so I could get them repaired free of cost after three years as it seemed to be a manufacturing defect. But then I had somebody offerring a good price for that so i disposed it off as I had to leave from India for some time. It had done almost 9000 kms with zero repairs. I had no choice but to sell it at that time.
Old 1st January 2007, 13:30   #6
BHPian

I think the 5 speed Electra is the best when you take into account thump, mileage, pickup, reliability and top speed...

FYI, I own an AVL Machismo which is good.. but I would have bought a 220 FI or a 5 speed Electra if it were available...
Old 1st January 2007, 15:14   #7
BHPian

i have to say electra 5s it is better than the other one, it is not basic and not too over the head.
Old 1st January 2007, 15:26   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow - the first ever Mahatma Gandhi to ride an Enfield pardeshi bike. Hey Ram.
Old 1st January 2007, 17:46   #9
BHPian

There is a new 350 doing the rounds of the roads in Chennai. Did speak to Sachin Shavan (of RE) about it and he confirmed it but didnt say much about its launch
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
I'm also planning to buy Machismo,, I was trying to get more details about Electra-5S and Machismo as I was kind of confused between these two models. I was not able to decide whether to go for a thump or to go for a performance.
Finally, I'm planning to get the mechismo, I had been to teknic motors, Bangalore and found that they dont have Machismo in stock right now, they are awaiting new stock and all the new Machismos will be with ES.
Planning to go to other RE Brand showroom and the one close to lal baugh also.
in the mean time, if you guys have any input on my decission, please let me know.
thank you.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'd say go for the performance and buy any model with an avl engine. Machismo is a good choice much better than the TBird imho.

Also there's another brand showroom at Jayanagar 9th block just near the BTM flyover.

Go for the cast iron engine if you're a bullet purist. Performance lacks though.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

If you want to buy a bull for the real McCoy, then buy and electra 5s. this will give you the cast iron engine with 35NM of torque as opposed to 27NM from the AVL.

Plus you get a 5speed 'box to harness that engine better with a LHS shifter- best of both worlds really!

Looks are subjective, but IMHO the Electra 5s in a deep maroon looks teh best bull by far.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have heard that cast iron engine will need lil more care and maintenance, less economy (not a major diff here). I was just thinking if I can get the lost thump with the short silencer fitted (I have read that this may add to an existing vibration / noise in AVL engines). However, I dont know what is the difference in terms of the thump between an Electra and a Mech when Mech is fitted with electra silencer (short silencer)!!!!!

Does cast iron engines have got a benefit over AVLs in terms of long life??
I'm comparing both of them in terms of engine and other tech aspects and not the looks.
Old 2nd May 2007, 15:52   #14
BHPian

Right now, I'm twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the AVL 500 to appear in the market. I enquired RE and they said that it should hit showrooms by End May. This model is supposed to replace the AVL 350.

After comparing the performances, I might just end up with the Standard 500ES with the Iron Engine, 4-speed box and CB points- THe Real Bull. Let's see. Am waiting impatiently..
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys....

I can see few questions raising over which bull to buy since i own 2 bulls... 500 and a machismo, 5speed....will try to help you guys with little knowledge what i have about these machines...

Firstly why are you buying this bike??? is it for city or hiway or both??

Machismo: shares the same engine and gears as the Tbird....good stance...lovely for hiway..... little noisy engine and intially feels ruff...with a short silencer and some good long run ins.... it wud be great

Bull500: Lots of torque.... nice thump....good for hiway

Maintence wise... tMachismo is little bit easy....you can be little more harsh to her ..but i dint find much of a diffrence between these two bikes

I would say its more of a personal choice here....take a test ride and see
btw i dont think cast irons are no more manufactured...AVL500 is soon to be launched...this bike is supposidly is a great bike... good speed...am not sure about the thump

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks