Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 14:05   #2491
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Got an amazing closeout deal at revzilla, on Bell star pace helmet red black, got it at flat 50% off ordered it as it was last piece left luckily in my size will have relatives bring it with them next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 19:26   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
As for helmet for myself, Im just browsing reviews and pictures (!), and yet to buy one, mostly for daily & occasional long rides usage. I personally feel a budget for 5-7K for now ?

regards,
Pranav
Hello friends,
y'day purchased MT Blade Trace (Green) from AH Helmets (Andheri-W) for Rs.7000. The shop is quite stocked with various accessories, and very nice people to deal with, I highly recommend them. I also purchased & installed the PinLock 70 MT-V-12 MaxVision Clear lens fitted on the visor, costing me Rs.1750. Just to test, I blew warm air from my mouth on the inside of visor : fog was created on the sides of visor, but the area covered by Pinklock lens didn't have any fog, superb! I think I invested well in this technology.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 15:07   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Got a Pinlock 70 Antifog Lens for my MT Helmet

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20171114-pinlock-70-antifog-lens-mt-helmet.jpg

Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4305327

Cheers...
Old 14th November 2017, 15:28   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a helmet deodoriser/ anti fungal spray? I saw a few on amazon, but there are mixed reviews. Also, I don't want to end up suffering from a head ache due to a strong or overpowering fragrance.

Mods: please move post to relevant thread if this is not the correct place
Old 14th November 2017, 16:18   #2495
BHPian

How does one ride during rain with the visor closed? Be it fog from our breath or water droplets covering the visor?
Old 14th November 2017, 16:51   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
How does one ride during rain with the visor closed? Be it fog from our breath or water droplets covering the visor?
For fog, if you have a pinlock ready visor, you can pick up a pinlock attachment for it, and it won't fog.

There are also anti-fog sprays available.

Shaving foam works too. You'll have to google it.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 01:45   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hello friends,
y'day purchased MT Blade Trace (Green) from AH Helmets (Andheri-W) for Rs.7000. The shop is quite stocked with various accessories, and very nice people to deal with, I highly recommend them. I also purchased & installed the PinLock 70 MT-V-12 MaxVision Clear lens fitted on the visor, costing me Rs.1750. Just to test, I blew warm air from my mouth on the inside of visor : fog was created on the sides of visor, but the area covered by Pinklock lens didn't have any fog, superb! I think I invested well in this technology.

regards,
Pranav
Hi,
last week had purchased SMK Twister Attack MA243 (Fluro Yellow with Red etc) for wife (XS size) from CrossRoad store in Mira Road, they have active FB page too. The helmet was priced Rs.4300, which also comes with pre-installed Pinlock lens (Pinlock 30 model), very nice offering. The store is very big, and fully stocked with hundreds of accessories, including their custom brand. Store owners Noel and Nilesh are lovely people with immense riding experience (also their staff is very courteous & helpful), and they gifted a bandana to my wife, nice.

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 18th November 2017 at 01:49.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 14:05   #2498
BHPian

Got hold of a Scorpion EXO R710 crystal. The size and fit are perfect. Quality is top notch. Looks and feels much better than others at the same price. It feels quite light too when worn. Wind noise is however quite bad, starts as early as 40kmph. I guess the shape of my head and the helmet are not meant for each other.
Still in the break-in period for the padding. Wearing it and taking it off is quite a task. Not in a state to wear earplugs yet.

Probably one of the most VFM helmets ever. Fiberglass and Snell rated.
Attached Images

Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 01:30   #2499
Senior - BHPian

*DEAL ALERT*
Motorcycle Superstore is having a clearance sale and there are some items that can be had for an absolute steal!
So if you are in US or know people living there then I envy you. Just hurry up before sizes and items run out.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-imageuploadedbyteambhp1511294425.490871.jpg
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 14:53   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Got the MT Isle of Man Thunder 3 Helmet in Thane, Mumbai for 6.2k. Love the fit, finish and the visibility!
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20171119_175131221.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img_20171119_175027912.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20171121wa0027.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 18:59   #2501
BHPian

I am planning to replace my old LS2 helmet. Going through this thread, it appears that MT helmets are popular in the 6k range and many in Mumbai have purchased from AH helmets in Andheri (W).

I went to the AH store today to try out their range of MT helmets. While examining one MT Blade helmet I found some spelling and grammatical errors in a label which is attached to the lining on the inside (near the top of the head). I checked another piece and found exactly the same errors. Here is the sentence, roughly reproduced from my memory:

This helmet is constructed for absorb the energy of impact trought the shell or specific parts.

Is it reasonable to assume that these are fakes? Can someone with MT helmets sourced from elsewhere confirm whether they see something similar in their helmets?
Old 26th November 2017, 19:02   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_star View Post
I am planning to replace my old LS2 helmet. Going through this thread, it appears that MT helmets are popular in the 6k range and many in Mumbai have purchased from AH helmets in Andheri (W).

I went to the AH store today to try out their range of MT helmets. While examining one MT Blade helmet I found some spelling and grammatical errors in a label which is attached to the lining on the inside (near the top of the head). I checked another piece and found exactly the same errors. Here is the sentence, roughly reproduced from my memory:

This helmet is constructed for absorb the energy of impact trought the shell or specific parts.

Is it reasonable to assume that these are fakes? Can someone with MT helmets sourced from elsewhere confirm whether they see something similar in their helmets?
AH store is listed in the official dealer list - so i doubt it.

https://www.spartanprogear.com/pages/mt-helmet-dealers
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 09:25   #2503
OmV
BHPian

Can current MT helmet users please check if this labelling anomaly exists across the board? I see there are quite a few MT posts recently. That should clear this out.
Old 29th November 2017, 09:54   #2504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Those were not entry level lids. Also I have never used earplugs in the last 30 years that I have been riding and have never felt the need for the same either. As I said earlier, each person's tolerance to noise and fit inside the helmet is different. No rule can be generalised when it comes to noise levels or fit of a helmet.

Cheers...
I can't ride without earplugs when wearing the MT Revenge. It just gets uncomfortably loud well below triple digit speeds and I find it hard to tolerate even within city limits.

That said, ear plugs cut all the unwanted noise perfectly and I don't have any complaints of the helmet as such. It's great VFM and a properly certified lid for the price.
Old 29th November 2017, 10:06   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_star View Post
While examining one MT Blade helmet I found some spelling and grammatical errors in a label
Yes, you are right. I checked out my MT Revenge Helmet's label and found the same spelling and grammatical mistakes. Then I also found that the lids are all being Made in China while they are headquartered in Cartagena, Spain. I found the same anamoly on my 2013 MT Axxis which again was also Made in China. MT should get these anamolies corrected. That is not to take away anything from the quality and fit and finish of the helmet, which I still feel is perfect bang for the buck and then there's the 5 Star Sharp rating as a cherry on the top. Perhaps Sharp rating agencies should start checking out the labels too rather than only the quality of the helmet and impact zones... Lolz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I can't ride without earplugs when wearing the MT Revenge.
I have now ridden this MT on triple digit speeds without the need for earplugs, which anyways I have never used in my life. Noise as I said earlier is a variable which every individual hears and tolerates differently.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 29th November 2017 at 10:33.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks