Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2006, 10:00   #1
BHPian

Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme or Pulsar 150 UG3

Please advise me which one to buy, CBZ xtreme or Pulsar 150 UG3?
On personal front i like Digi Speedo of Pulsar and looks of CBZ xtreme.
So very confused.
Thanks
Old 20th December 2006, 11:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

Both bikes are very good...

Just take a ride of both, and decide for yourself...

IMHO, i would say, the pulsar is a better choice... Its defenitly more value for money... LEsser pricer, much more features, now got 1 down four up shifts, better mileage, and almost equal power to weight...

However, the CBZ extreme is also an equally competent bike... But the price tag is high... Not VFM, cause add about 1k more, and you have the P180 DTSi...

(Please dont take apache... My friend who took it is really sad now... Got outdated too fast... design also looks outdated, in front of new competition, and i is very small... And it feels like an engine for rural purposes)
Old 20th December 2006, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Thanks for suggestion, but what do you think about long term owner ship, i mean 3-4 years.I read somwhere that hero honda bikes are more reliable than bajaj bikes and bajaj bikes are good for only 1-2 years..But if you see on roads, you will find more bajaj bikes as compared to hero honda.
Old 20th December 2006, 12:44   #4
BHPian

Abhi,
I own a CBZ it's been over 5years, till date no major problems. Just small replacements like break shoes, body teflon coating every year. Yearly I spend about Rs. 800-1200 Max on maintenance. My Friend owns a Pulsar Even He's happy about his bike except the mileage that bajaj quotes. Just test ride both the bikes I did the same wanted to buy CBZ or Pulsar test rode both of them n bought CBZ.
Thanks,
Mega
Old 20th December 2006, 13:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Thanks for suggestion, but what do you think about long term owner ship, i mean 3-4 years.I read somwhere that hero honda bikes are more reliable than bajaj bikes and bajaj bikes are good for only 1-2 years..But if you see on roads, you will find more bajaj bikes as compared to hero honda.
Good engine and gear and parts: HH

I hate the gearbox of pulsar 150/180/ug1/2/3 !!!

Bajaj is trying to make money out of the looks. Soon they will haev that 220 with the same rear ends and display.

I saw a black Xtreme and it looked great. Do ride both and decide.

and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...50cc-bike.html
Old 20th December 2006, 14:37   #6
BHPian

I agree with jkdas, Hero Honda's gearbox design is great as compared to Pulsars, Even better is the Suzuki's gear box design.
Old 20th December 2006, 20:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Good engine and gear and parts: HH

I hate the gearbox of pulsar 150/180/ug1/2/3 !!!

Bajaj is trying to make money out of the looks. Soon they will haev that 220 with the same rear ends and display.
+1000.

A friend of mine bought a week ago. The is really lookin cool as well the performance wise. The only thingy bout it is the bindi on the visor but at night it looks great.
Cbz xtreme has good power, its giving bout 50-52 for now caz it just being a week old. price tag is 1k more than p150 but its worth it trying it out least.
Old 20th December 2006, 20:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

One thing which you might want to be aware of is that the spare parts of HH bikes sepcially the premium ones are exorbitant e.g one single side rear cowl for ZMa costs 928 bucks while its Rs850 for the pair for Pulsar. Front indicator cost Rs280. The Mags in ZMA(which is smae in CBZ XT) costs approx 4k a piece while the Pulsar pair comes for 3600-3800

Though most of this is covered under insurance but the platic parts fare only 50% reimburesment. Since you are in Delhi you would be safe but if you travel on bad patches of road then these thing you might want to keep in mind.

Besides this the engine refinement & handling is way better on HH than BAL
Old 20th December 2006, 21:33   #9

My vote is for bajaj pulsar and you should go for this, I am sing this bike from last two years and you know I am getting 53 km/L mileage. Very cheap maintenance cost also.
Old 20th December 2006, 22:28   #10
BHPian

I think in Delhi Pulsar 150 is priced 1k more than CBZ X-Treme after the price rise. I guess rather than counting on some one else’s advice you should test ride both of them and then decide which one suits you.
Old 21st December 2006, 02:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

well the CBZ is using the excellent smooth engine from the UNI and comes with the sharp handling CBZ chassis. so that would be my pick. Plus Pulsar 150s are too common.
Old 21st December 2006, 02:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The Mags in ZMA(which is smae in CBZ XT) costs approx 4k a piece while the Pulsar pair comes for 3600-3800
But they're made by Enkei. How can you even compare?!
Old 21st December 2006, 09:39   #13
BHPian

Hey Abhi !!

I own a pulsar 150 old one and a friend of mine has a cbz he had got it a year befor mine but trust me, on maintenance front even though our riding style is tha same ,after 2 years bajaj comes up with many small issues but cbz on the other hand is a safe bet i guess the HH parts are really good and also the gearbox of Baja really sucks !! i donnot know about the new ones but the old ones are really bad .If you want a bike for more than 3 years than i guess HH is better than Bajaj. Pulsars on indian roads are like auto rickshaws now !!

Do let us kno which 1 did u pick !!
And enjoy ur ride whichever it is .

Cheers !!
Old 21st December 2006, 11:12   #14
BHPian

Thanks everybody for your responses.What i am taking from it is that i ill be test driving both these vehicles and will reach a conclusion.Lets see how much difference i can get from testdriving these bikes.
But still if HH would have provided digi console with CBZ Xtreme i would have taken CBZ without any thought.
This is the same feeling as when i was buying a car until swift came and bought that without seeing any reviews.

Please tell me i you find more on this.
Thanks
Old 21st December 2006, 12:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

few facts:

you cant just get a spring that keeps the Kicker in its place if its gone kaput in a pulsar; you have to buy the whole kit at 560rs

the small tiny bulb that goes into avenger speedo costs 48rs but local one costs just 6rs

kzhma's chain (yah its an import and a DID one) costs 3k or so

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks