Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 11:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

TVS e-scooters to get Parking Assist with reversing feature

TVS is reportedly developing a new parking assist system for electric scooters. The system will help manoeuvre e-scooters in tight places. It will also have a reversing feature.

TVS e-scooters to get Parking Assist with reversing feature-tvs-creon.jpg

Manoeuvring electric scooters in crowded parking lots can be tricky due to the instantaneous response from the electric motor. Besides this, the weight and proportions of an e-scooter alone can make the task of parking it a bit difficult for some people. As a solution to this, TVS is working on a parking assist system, which is expected to be offered on all future e-scooters made by the company.

While, details about the system are scarce, media reports suggest that the system monitors the vehicle speed, throttle position and brake condition to assist the rider to move the scooter forwards or backwards. The system can only activate at speeds under 6 km/h. To activate the reversing feature, the scooter must be stationary. Neither the throttle nor the brake should be applied at this time. Once activated, the system can reverse the scooter at about 3-4 km/h. When reversing on an incline, the system can brake automatically to keep the speed in check. As an added safety measure, the hazard lights come on when Parking Assist in activated and a message is displayed on the dashboard.

TVS is yet to formally announce details about its Parking Assist feature.

Source: Bikewale

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 12:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS e-scooters to get Parking Assist with reversing feature

How I hope all two wheelers have this reverse gear! Often I have helped many people pull out their scooter/motorcycle out of a parking spot. Good initiative by TVS, hope it trickles down to their petrol offering as well.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 16:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How I hope all two wheelers have this reverse gear! Often I have helped many people pull out their scooter/motorcycle out of a parking spot
The way people park their scooter in pune ( laxmi road for eg ), even this reverse gear will not help.
I doubt this will come down to petrol scooters, cost being the main reason.

I do agree it will be usefull to many users, esp women and elderly.
Wouldn't it be easy if people park their scooters in reverse in first place?
Old 27th April 2018, 09:45   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Good initiative by TVS, hope it trickles down to their petrol offering as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I doubt this will come down to petrol scooters, cost being the main reason.
EVs don't have a reverse gear per se. They can merely run the electric motor in reverse . That's why it won't come to petrol scooters as things aren't as simple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks