Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 19:15   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Honda Navi discontinued

Honda Navi Discontinued In India Due To Poor Sales ?

Quote:
Honda Navi’s poor sales demand could become the reason why the moto scooter will no longer be in production

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 19:08   #2
BANNED

Re: Honda to double Navi production to 1 lakh annual units

No. Last year I thought the same thing when the Navi's numbers were between zero and extremely low. Honda didn't just waste money and effort on customization at the Expo just to let it go.

In fact, the Fortune Honda in Bhiwadi never had a Navi in stock. Not even as a display unit. Dealer said that it was because of low (read: zero) demand. A few months before the Expo, they brought in two Navis. I'm sure they didn't just have a change of heart.

When my Navi visits the service centre, it still catches a lot of eyeballs and brings in at least a few queries for the sales rep. And I did see the rep responding with reasonable excitement considering that the dealership still has those two pieces sitting around. And, that's a dealer who didn't want to waste a spot for the Navis in the first pace.

Reason For No March Production: They remember how March 2017 production went in flash sale with Honda's profits taking the biggest hit.

I'm guessing this is to avoid a confusion/risk and incorporate Combi Braking in the Navi. The next cheapest product is Cliq, which has this feature.

So we can expect the Navi CBS very soon once the existing stock finds home.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 25th April 2018 at 19:11. Reason: Typos
MaheshY1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 10:19   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Honda Navi discontinued

Mod Note : Honda Navi Discontinued In India Due To Poor Sales ? - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 7th May 2018, 10:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda Navi discontinued

In a response to the rumours, Honda has confirmed that the Navi has not been discontinued and that dealerships are accepting bookings. Honda is also planning to launch an update.

That said, the company does acknowledge the fact that production has slowed down, however that is said to be temporary.

Source: NDTV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks