Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2018, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: BMW to launch G 310 R, G 310 GS bikes in July 2018

Finally the wait is over!

But the pricing is going to play a crucial role. BMW would mostly protect its brand by not launching it competitively and people will surely attack the BMW brand to be a part of their garage!

Seems like another breakthrough post KTM Dukes homecoming to India.

Interesting times ahead!

Cheers,
Amey
Old 7th June 2018, 13:49   #17
BHPian

Just spoke to Tusker BMW, they are saying the first lot of bikes will be available in early August. On road in Bangalore expected to be close to 4.5 Lacs

Display bikes will be available from early July.
Old 7th June 2018, 13:57   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
On road in Bangalore expected to be close to 4.5 Lacs
Not a bad price for the GS. The only competition is the Kawasaki Versys X300 priced at 4.69L ex showroom.

If its the R310 at this price - god bless them. 1.5L over the Duke 390 just for the BMW badge is poser level of premiumness.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 14:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not a bad price for the GS. The only competition is the Kawasaki Versys X300 priced at 4.69L ex showroom
The X300 got the Gem of an Engine, Twin from the Ninja 300.

By the way the common sentiment is that the X300 is "Over Priced".. in which case I can't fathom why the baby GS is being considered fair priced at 4.5 Lakh Plus.

Last edited by payeng : 7th June 2018 at 14:12.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 14:14   #20
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Bavaria Motors (BMW Motorrad Pune dealer) has already received a couple of bikes it seems. They are in boxes and I am told that the unboxing will be done at a later date, closer to the Press Release Date.

I have a couple of pics of the containers, however I am not allowed to post them on social media or on any public forum.
Old 7th June 2018, 14:17   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
By the way the common sentiment is that the X300 is "Over Priced".. in which case I can't fathom why the baby GS is being considered fair priced at 4.5 Lakh Plus.
Because there are people willing to pay a premium for a BMW, over and above a Kawasaki.

A BMW having same onroad price as a competing Kawasaki's ex showroom - now that might sell much more, specs notwithstanding.

And I expect Kawasaki to counter this by introducing a variant of the X300 without the mandatory accessories.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 14:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because there are people willing to pay a premium for a BMW, over and above a Kawasaki.
It'll be interesting to see how many of these "willing" people continue to exist Post 12/18 months of the launch.

Last edited by payeng : 7th June 2018 at 14:22.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 15:11   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how many of these "willing" people continue to exist Post 12/18 months of the launch.
Forget the forum. Enthusiasts usually have a different opinion as compared to the market sales. See Royal Enfield for example.

We will analyse all numbers and figure before forming a decision - whereas the market thinks simpler.
Old 7th June 2018, 15:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Forget the forum. Enthusiasts usually have a different opinion as compared to the market sales. See Royal Enfield for example.

Royal Enfield, "specifically" the Classic is still priced below the critical "Maruti Alto" price, and hence essentially (some might disagree but the truth nevertheless) a Glorified Commuter.

But when you price a 2 wheeler above (and by a good margin) the Maruti Alto, well then I guess you should get the picture now..

Quote:
We will analyse all numbers and figure before forming a decision - whereas the market thinks simpler.
Exactly.

Normal/Simple Market Logic: "4.5 lakhs?? One can almost get a Suzuki Swift for that kind of money".

Last edited by payeng : 7th June 2018 at 15:30.
Old 7th June 2018, 15:35   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just spoke to Tusker BMW, they are saying the first lot of bikes will be available in early August. On road in Bangalore expected to be close to 4.5 Lacs

Okay, so this corresponds with the price leak given by KTM recently about the GS pricing...great
Old 7th June 2018, 17:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Entered the relevant details on BMW's website yesterday and got a call back from them today. This is Navnit in Mumbai.

Booking for both models begin tomorrow with fifty thousand rupees. Both the R and GS will be available for viewing and test rides from sometime in July. After making a booking and taking a test ride, if the customer wants to cancel, the entire amount will be refunded.

While exact prices were not given, the salesperson confirmed on road Mumbai cost will be between 3 and 4 lac rupees for both models.

Cheers
Old 7th June 2018, 18:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Not a bad price for the GS. The only competition is the Kawasaki Versys X300 priced at 4.69L ex showroom.

Sir, Please dont encourage them. 4.5 is High for baby gs even if we consider 50k for the badge. Versys 300x, like we all know is import with duty component, twin pot, spokes, al rim, etc and that itself is perceived as expensive. This is our product, made right here. We have to get the benefit. India is one of the largest growing two wheeler market, BMW cant afford to ignore such a market by placing the product so high. They have developed this 310 platform for emerging market, and getting new customers on board. pricing it that high is defying their own logic. Bike for Bike, 390 duke had better features and equipment and 10 extra ponies and its not a much lesser brand, internationally. Around 60-70K above that would be sweet spot for the BMW brand. Still hoping for under 4L OTR, fingers crossed for official figures.
nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 20:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Sir, Please dont encourage them. 4.5 is High for baby gs even if we consider 50k for the badge.
Finally some sensible comments on the thread. I just cannot think how BMW can price it beyond Duke in any form. I try to take BMW logo out of equation on price and my brain and heart both rebuked me for even thinking that this can be priced close to 3 lakh.

I am sure folks at KTM are full with anticipation. They should expect more sales due to aggravated BMW customers if BMW launches this at 3 lakh or above. They must beat Duke on price else it will be the biggest dud in big B's history. Indian market is ruthless. Inazume and X300 are most recent prime example & i am hoping that decision makers at BMW have taken note of these failures.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 7th June 2018 at 20:33.
.sushilkumar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:02   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Sir, Please dont encourage them.
Encourage them?

I personally think it's (310R) not worth at Duke 390 prices itself! BMW badge value is highly offset by BMW dealership network. No way I'm putting down my money on this one.

But then - I know many who are willing to pay for a "Bee emM eeWuu" too. Above post was from that perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I try to take BMW logo out of equation on price and my brain and heart both rebuked me for even thinking that this can be priced close to 3 lakh.
Take the badge out of the equation - and the Apache RR310 is FAR more appealing compared to the 310R IMO.

But then - there's the badge! Many people still buy for a badge.

Quote:
Normal/Simple Market Logic: "4.5 lakhs?? One can almost get a Suzuki Swift for that kind of money".
I've heard the reverse - A "Bee emM eeWuu" for the price of a Swift! This is a poser's dream come true moment!

Expect some of the bikes to hit the used market pretty soon - as soon as the brand novetly wears out and people realize that its no match against the KTM 390s.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th June 2018 at 21:11.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 21:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

I see little chance of this being in 3.x range. Their competitor will not be KTM. A BMW won't be priced sheerly due to engine size, their brand name is very strong. Good to have an option is the tourer adventure space, where the x300 is the only horribly priced player so far.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks