Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 16:15   #181

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I too used an nTorq in 2018, the first lot ones. I also never got mileage above 30 kmpl. To make matters worse, the torquey engine and the bassy exhaust note entice you to go hard on the gas.

At one point, I thought my Baleno was giving me better mileage.
Brother, my Apache 160 4V gives me atleast 38 on aggressive riding
Old 30th March 2023, 16:06   #182
BHPian

Any recommendation for TVS Ntorq service in Bangalore North?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th March 2023, 16:21   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom View Post
I tried testing the mileage using the full tank method and got only around 24 kmpl. I will say it is used a little roughly but that's the mileage i got nonetheless. But as you said the fun of riding this thing is far greater to me than the mileage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error402 View Post
Though there is one thing, my calculations done roughly in my mind have never given more than 35kmpl. It's normally 20 to 30 and I once or twice reached above 35. That's it. The fun ride comes at a cost for me. Any advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I too used an nTorq in 2018, the first lot ones. I also never got mileage above 30 kmpl. To make matters worse, the torquey engine and the bassy exhaust note entice you to go hard on the gas.

At one point, I thought my Baleno was giving me better mileage.
Hi all

I also own a first lot Green Coloured Ntorq.

I am actually surprised by your mileage numbers, mine 40 K used by me majorly (except for 200-300 km by my dad / wife - they feel it's too heavy) have undergone engine re-bore as i forgot once to replace oil so ran without engine and seized.

Coming to the point, My scooter gives a mileage of 34-46 Kmpl in South Chennai peak Traffic. I run my scooter for an average around 50 Km daily. I thought I have a heavy right hand

I use shell fuel saver fully syenthic oil & replace once in 3 months
Punto_Ntorq Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 15:03   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
2022 TVS Ntorq XP race -

1. Front disc brake was warped from factory itself. Took me a while to realize that pulsating brake and shaky handlebar isn't normal when front brake lever is pulled. SA claims it was changed under warranty. As of now, pulsating brakes are still there, although not as strong as to induce wobble like it was before. My older jupiter classic had flawless front brakes.
Update after 4 Visits to service center to rectify the brake issue, Still not solved.
Mailing to higher level managers, speaking to area's service and sales person didn't worked out. I've been asked to visit service center and assured that the problem will be solved. By the time the scooter is delivered, intensity of pulses feel reduced but not totally eliminated. After 50-100 KMs of riding, it'd once again return.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2023 at 15:55. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 22nd July 2023, 11:29   #185
Team-BHP Support

My January 2021 N Torq’s battery is completely dead. Needs replacement.

Is there any specific battery that comes recommended amongst N Torq users from experience? I’m not aware off hand what the stock one is but I’m happy to replace with a better one in the aftermarket if there is one that comes highly recommended.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th October 2023, 15:58   #186
Senior - BHPian

NTorq is now available in several variants. Can anyone explain the differences?

Also when did TVS switch from Carb to EFI?
Old 21st October 2023, 10:51   #187
BHPian

I parted with my 2008 OG Pulsar 200 after covid. The 200 was an absolute thrill to ride anywhere and I still miss that ride. I decided to commute to office only by car. However, my commute to the office through the crazy Bangalore traffic had turned into a daily nightmare. Spending 3-4 hours on the road was driving me mad. I made the choice to switch to a two-wheeler. Additionally, recognizing the need for a convenient mode of transportation at home to help my wife and dad in running errands, we opted for a scooter.

After test-riding several scooters, we settled on the Ntorq. It felt quick fun to ride and seemed the ideal choice., provided an enjoyable riding experience, and boasted good handling. Few weeks of commuting to the office on the Ntorq, I began experiencing worsening back pain. I soon realized that scooters are well-suited for quick errands or short trips, but for taller individuals like me, the Ntorq became uncomfortable after just 15-20 minutes of riding.

To confirm my suspicions, I swapped my scooter with a colleague for a quick ride back home. Despite the irritating traffic at Ejipura, I found the bike to be significantly more comfortable. If you happen to be on the shorter side, the Ntorq might be an ideal choice for you. However, if you're a taller rider, I wouldn't recommend it. I urge you to explore other scooter options and make an informed decision. If possible, I would suggest considering a motorcycle, as it may provide a more comfortable and enjoyable riding experience, especially for longer journeys.

To sum it up, I like the Ntorq's engine, it is powerful for a scooter. Fuel economy is around 25-30kpl. Seating and comfort is not great especially for tall riders. Suspension is stiff but at good speed, it seems okay.
aashikf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 07:31   #188

Owning a TVS vehicle was not new for us; we already had a TVS Jupiter for the past 8 years. Considering the reliability and ease of service, we thought of adding another one because one scooter was not enough for our family. When we decided to buy another scooter, we considered the Access 125, Activa 125, and Jupiter 125. By the way, we didn't even consider the NTorq at first in our list. We visited three Suzuki showrooms, and none had an Access 125 available for a test ride, and the staff did not even bother to let us know when it can be made available, so we ruled it out. The Honda showroom executives acted as if they were giving the vehicles away for free and had an attitude problem. Our previous experience with Honda service was also not good, so we dismissed the Activa option. Then, we went to the TVS showroom and noticed a significant change in the behavior of the sales executives. They were kind, polite, and took the time to understand our needs and preferences. They arranged a test ride immediately, and we were sold after trying out the Jupiter 125. However, they also offered a test ride of the NTorq, and for the first time ever, my wife was eager to try it. She did a test ride and was impressed with its performance. She didn't hesitate to say yes to the vehicle. She did not want another Jupiter as she thought it was boring compared to the NTorq's impressive acceleration and stylist looks. I was surprised that she was considering all these as she initially wanted a conventional scooter which should be no nonsense.

We looked for an auspicious date and booked the vehicle. Although we were promised delivery the very next day, we opted to receive it after a couple of days. They were prompt with delivery and had all the documents related to the vehicle ready when we arrived at the showroom. Excited, we completed the formalities to take delivery. However, when we opened the seat to put in the tool kit and medical kit, we were shocked to find that a full-face helmet couldn't fit. Yes, we had not noticed this while taking the test ride. A learning curve for everyone who reads this. This was very disappointing, but since we had already paid in full and completed the registration, there was no turning back. This was the scooter's only drawback. If I had to add to the list, the pillion seat is a bit narrow and small. I am 6 ft tall, and my wife is 5'6", so it's not very comfortable when we both travel together. It meets our expectations but doesn't provide exceptional comfort. Other than that, everything about the scooter is positive.

The scooter is an absolute joy to ride in the city, especially in traffic, where it is easy to navigate. The balance is perfect, and the suspension handles both rough and smooth roads well. It offers two riding modes, Street and Race. You can really feel the rush of power in Race mode, but it does come at the cost of reduced mileage. The tires have excellent grip, and the brakes work effectively. However, if you're used to riding a bike with a 200cc+ engine, you might find it comfortable but lacking in speed, as it reaches about 95-96 km/h. Nonetheless, the acceleration is excellent for city rides.

In conclusion, this scooter is ideal for city commutes and always brings a smile to your face when you ride it. It's a great choice for two adults. If you need to ferry two kids to school or one kid with both parents, it might be a tight fit. In those scenarios, you might want to consider the Jupiter 125. However, for two adults, this is one of the best scooters.
sndpks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 00:24   #189

Hey there! I was wondering if anyone knows a good TVS service center in Hyderabad. All the service centers I've been to have been shitty. (Anjali TVS in Ameerpet, Vishal TVS in Balkampet, and TVS in Kukatpally). Please suggest a good one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks