Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2018, 08:18   #31
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Great review nkrishnaap.
Even I am also thinking of having one to my wife but could not decide yet. Hope your review shall me in a fix. However I feel mileage of 35-40 kmpl is an issue for the range of models available in market now.
And I have a doubt here. Does it offer dual disk variant?
Old 21st May 2018, 10:37   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Great review nkrishnaap.
Even I am also thinking of having one to my wife but could not decide yet. Hope your review shall me in a fix. However I feel mileage of 35-40 kmpl is an issue for the range of models available in market now.
And I have a doubt here. Does it offer dual disk variant?
Thanks. With crazy traffic conditions like Bangalore 40+ mileage is good enough I believe.

No, this does not come with dual disc. In fact none of the scooters come with dual disc.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 11:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thanks. With crazy traffic conditions like Bangalore 40+ mileage is good enough I believe.

No, this does not come with dual disc. In fact none of the scooters come with dual disc.
Yeah asked just out of curiosity expecting TVS has started a new trend.
Old 24th May 2018, 08:40   #34
BHPian

What's the running-in period? The dealer is not telling me everything. The first service is at 500 kms. The manual is also not very detailed. I couldnt find the capacity of the fuel tank in it for starters.
Old 9th July 2018, 00:37   #35
BHPian

That's such a nice review for a scooter keeping up with the TeamBhp standards. So how many kms now and what is the average mileage you are getting now? Are you done with the second servicing. Also how do those flappy parts feel like now. Do they rattle on the go? I am considering to buy a scooter, so keeping an eye on this.
Regards
Saikat

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2018 at 08:12. Reason: Poor language & grammar
4x4 loaded is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th July 2018, 10:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bought the NTorq 3 weeks back. Faced a weird problem in a week's time. Looking at the fuel meter on console - 3 bars, I filled up 2.5 ltrs and then the scooter started leaking fuel through drain pipe. The fuel gauge on this scooter is messed up. Google for it and found there are many incidents like these reported. Now I am careful while filling up fuel and have not faced this so far.

Overall, its a good product with some smart features. Liked the bassy exhaust note
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 11:40   #37
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@nkrishnap - congratulations on the acquisition of the Ntorq and wishing you miles of rides with smiles

Somehow missed updating this thread when I first read your review.

About 2 weeks or so after your review had gone live, during a lunchtime conversation, a colleague at office causally mentioned he is going to a nearby showroom that afternoon to book a TVS Jupiter. Another colleague and myself almost simultaneously asked if he'd considered other scooters as well. This led to a 15 minute discussion with us asking for his requirements/expectations from the scooter and he said he was clear he did not want to get any of the other scooters from Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki as he had taken test rides of all of them already. So we just told him to take rest rides of Aprillia and Ntorq and then decide. Also shared the links to ownership reviews of both scooters on TBHP (your review for the Ntorq).
Couple days later he told us the Aprillia was out of budget but he loved the Ntorq and booked it

Last weekend I stopped by at my colleague's home and also got a chance to try the scooter and I was mighty impressed with overall build, the console display, wide tyres both 12R with nice tread pattern and even the cushioned seat. Most impressive was that lovely engine tone (just doesn't sound like an ordinary scooter) and response to throttle input.

Thanks for the review again!

Last edited by NPV : 15th July 2018 at 11:46.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 11:55   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Service Experience and Issues Faced

Quote:
When you keep the scooter idle for about 48 hours, you will lose about 180 odd ml due to the evaporation
I believe it is due to the fuel lid design; saying this because I've faced the same issue when I held a Wego for sometime.
Old 15th July 2018, 12:06   #39
BHPian

Got my Matte Red Ntorq last week.Loving the scooter so far,the only issue I have is the knocking sound under sudden acceleration. Not sure is its due to the new engine or the steep slope my society is located. The fuel indicator seems to me fine in my case.
Old 8th August 2018, 15:14   #40
BHPian

Re: The Ride, handling and specifications

Quote:

What improves the experience is the balanced ride and handling. The suspension set up is soft enough to soak the bumps and potholes, at the same time stiff enough for you to exploit the handling ability. In comparison Jupiter has very plush ride but wallows over bad roads whereas the NtorQ holds composure much better and you can carry much better speeds. On the corners, NtorQ just holds it line. you can point and shoot and the scooter does the needful. With the wider tyres, there is ample feedback to tell you what the tyres are doing.
Reading through various scooter threads on this forum, Jupiter seems to be consensus winner in terms of ride quality. Since you have both, which would you recommend among these for someone worried about riding on occasional bad roads.

From your above statement I infer that Ntorq can hold higher speeds better on such roads. Are they both at same level for slower speeds?

I understand that no scooter can come close to a bike in terms of comfort, however which of these gearless scooters comes the closest?
Old 13th August 2018, 11:15   #41
BHPian

Got delivery of blue Ntorq last week and had paid approx. Rs. 76,000 to Lokesh automobiles in Chennai. I saved around Rs 500 by getting the insurance done on my own. While other dealers insisted on doing the insurance by themselves, Lokesh was the only dealer to allow me to get my own insurance.

The delivery experience was smooth and nothing to complain about.
Two things that I noticed during delivery
1. The flappy plastic panels are bad. The panel near the right footrest did not even align properly and was jutting out badly.
2. The silencer shield had a crack.

The one thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is the warranty period. TVS offers a standard warranty of 5 years for the Ntorq. I was surprised to see this as I was initially considering the access just because of the warranty.
katchkamalesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 09:27   #42
BHPian

Hi Krishna and other fellow riders,

I have booked this scooter for my wife as a birthday surprise and am closely following the ownership reviews. I test rode the Ntorq and loved the power delivery and smoothness of the engine. I am coming from a Dominar so I was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed riding the scooter.

One thing that seems to be cropping up as a negative is the cold start issue of the Ntorq which seems to happen a few weeks after usage. There has been enough mention of it on other forums as well.

Are any of you facing this issue? Also are the mirrors an accessory or they come with the scooter? Apologies for the rookie questions, I have never purchased a scooter before and am mainly a motorcycle nut.

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2018, 10:33   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Reading through various scooter threads on this forum, Jupiter seems to be consensus winner in terms of ride quality. Since you have both, which would you recommend among these for someone worried about riding on occasional bad roads.
Occasional bad roads Ntorq would suffice. In case you are looking plush ride quality Jupiter all the way.

Quote:
From your above statement I infer that Ntorq can hold higher speeds better on such roads. Are they both at same level for slower speeds?
Ntorq is stiffer at slower speeds.

Quote:
I understand that no scooter can come close to a bike in terms of comfort, however which of these gearless scooters comes the closest?
Depends on the preference and if you are asking from the TVS stable, Jupiter is an all-rounder in every aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
1. The flappy plastic panels are bad. The panel near the right footrest did not even align properly and was jutting out badly.
2. The silencer shield had a crack.

The one thing that has not been mentioned in this thread is the warranty period. TVS offers a standard warranty of 5 years for the Ntorq. I was surprised to see this as I was initially considering the access just because of the warranty.
Plastics are flimsy no doubt about it. I will be fixing these soon. I believe even Jupiter and Victor gets the 5 year warranty thing. Need to reconfirm on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Hi Krishna and other fellow riders,

I have booked this scooter for my wife as a birthday surprise and am closely following the ownership reviews. I test rode the Ntorq and loved the power delivery and smoothness of the engine. I am coming from a Dominar so I was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed riding the scooter.

One thing that seems to be cropping up as a negative is the cold start issue of the Ntorq which seems to happen a few weeks after usage. There has been enough mention of it on other forums as well.

Are any of you facing this issue? Also are the mirrors an accessory or they come with the scooter? Apologies for the rookie questions, I have never purchased a scooter before and am mainly a motorcycle nut.

Thanks.
Cold start issues per say is long cranking time. Crank it once to start, the auto choke will take care of the rest. I have faced the multiple cranks only once until now in the 2500 kms done on the Ntorq. Rest of the time, one slightly long crank takes care of the cold start. However do note, if you open the throttle while cranking, it wont start easily.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 12:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Cold start issues per say is long cranking time. Crank it once to start, the auto choke will take care of the rest. I have faced the multiple cranks only once until now in the 2500 kms done on the Ntorq. Rest of the time, one slightly long crank takes care of the cold start. However do note, if you open the throttle while cranking, it wont start easily.
Ok thanks, that puts my mind to ease. What about the accessories? Are there currently any accessories you are aware of that are sold for the Ntorq from the manufacturer that I should look into?
Old 24th August 2018, 16:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram8891 View Post
Also are the mirrors an accessory or they come with the scooter?
The mirrors are not listed as accessories. The accessories include parking cover, helmet, body guard, side foot rest, etc. Depending on the dealer you can choose not to get any or most of these (I had to go for the side foot rest as the dealer I zeroed in on insisted on it. The others I spoke to couldn't care less). In my opinion just get the scooter as it comes. You can choose to get whatever you want as and when you start using it. There would be much more options in prices and quality from independent aftermarket shops IMO (E.g. the helmet offered is a cheap one costing ~Rs. 500. I shudder to think of the protection it would offer.)
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks