Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2019, 22:56   #61
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
As the revs build up, there is a pronounced buzz on left side of the foot-board on an otherwise vibe-free scooter.
Thank you! I saw a huge panel gap on the left floor board, it went in with a gentle tap of my foot. Also I rode around with my riding boots and didn't rev too hard so hopefully I never feel that vibration. Truth be told I'm a bit scared riding this scooter , as soon as I hit the left lever my foot starts searching for the gear lever, I hope I don't lock up thinking I'm using a clutch

Edit: Congrats on your new ride too

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 1st January 2019 at 22:58.
Old 29th April 2019, 18:56   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

A year has gone by with the TVS NTorq. A few pointers with the NTorq post covering close to 7500 kms in the past year.

1. Zippy Scooter in the segment.
2. Handles well, decent ride quality and good brakes.
3. Fuel Efficiency on the lower side due to the weight being on the higher side and aggressive engine tune.
4. Decent tyres, but would love to replace it with a set of Grippy Michelins
5. The rattles have settled and the lose panels are holding up in spite of the ill fitments.
6. Rear brakes can get squeaky with a wash or lot of moisture in the air.
7. Maintenance has been easy on the pocket.
8. Carrying luggage is a challenge on this scooter thanks to the design. Jupiter fares a lot better in this regard.

A few pointers in comparison with Jupiter.

1. Ride is a lot more plush with Jupiter.
2. Pick up on the Jupiter is not bad thanks to the lighter weight, however the cvt is tuned more to keep the engine revs low.
3. Much better mileage on the Jupiter
4. Can Carry a lot of items in comparison to NTorq

Renewed the insurance with a 3 year policy with third party along with own damage and it costed around 4500 bucks.
nkrishnap is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 01:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
A year has gone by with the TVS NTorq. A few pointers with the NTorq post covering close to 7500 kms in the past year.

You have indeed made a wonderful choice with the Ntorq.

My son was also considering the Ntorq, but after a test ride of the Honda Dio, he finds the handling on that a little easier for him (I will be more than happy as I save some money with the Dio ). But, would you be having any experience with the Dio in comparison to the Ntorq. If so, I would be grateful to hear your inputs as a Ntorq user.

Also noticed that the OTR quote for the Ntorq in Bangalore is Rs 83,950 which also includes the following:
-RTO Regn charges of Rs 2445 (this is above the Rs 7452 road tax & Rs 370 smart card charges)
-Std Accessories of Rs Rs 1200
-5 yrs insurance of Rs 5328

I have not bought a new 2-wheeler in India so kindly asking- Are these normal or the dealer just making some additional money. Is it compulsory for us to take 5 years insurance? Or all these could be disputed and asked to be removed.

Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 07:34   #64
BHPian

I have both - the Dio (1st Gen - 100cc one) and the nTorq.

Your son may be finding handling a Dio easy owing to its lesser weight compared to the nTorq. Otherwise, in terms of dynamic ability, the nTorq is the way better than the Dio (owing to a more modern chassis, better suspension, bigger and wider tyres, et al).

You may please check on road prices on bikewale.com which is fairly accurate for the on-road price break up. Any accessories over that is left to your discretion, except may be the mandatory ones like mirrors and number plates.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th May 2019 at 12:37. Reason: Corrected Dio > nTorq in one of the sentences.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 01:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
I have both - the Dio (1st Gen - 100cc one) and the nTorq.

Your son may be finding handling a Dio easy owing to its lesser weight compared to the Dio. Otherwise, in terms of dynamic ability, the nTorq is the way better than the Dio (owing to a more modern chassis, better suspension, bigger and wider tyres, et al).

You may please check on road prices on bikewale.com which is fairly accurate for the on-road price break up. Any accessories over that is left to your discretion, except may be the mandatory ones like mirrors and number plates.
Thanks five46 for your prompt inputs.
True, its probably the lighter weight of the Dio that my son finds it easier to handle. Certainly the Ntorq seems ahead in most other aspects.

Meanwhile we had got that quote from Tristar TVS and it seems the Mirrors and sidestand have to be purchased separately. Surprised TVS does not include RVMs with the bike. Also forced inclusion in that package is a floor mat and the IND number plate. Also seems as per some Supreme Court ruling now its compulsory for them to do insurance for 5 years for new vehicles (1st year Comprehensive and remaining 4 years Third party!)

Anyway yet to make a final decision.
Old 5th May 2019, 13:03   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Meanwhile we had got that quote from Tristar TVS and it seems the Mirrors and sidestand have to be purchased separately. Surprised TVS does not include RVMs with the bike. Also forced inclusion in that package is a floor mat and the IND number plate. Also seems as per some Supreme Court ruling now its compulsory for them to do insurance for 5 years for new vehicles (1st year Comprehensive and remaining 4 years Third party!)

Anyway yet to make a final decision.
Mirrors and side stand must not be accessories AFAIK. checked with 2 Ntorq Owners and they confirmed that. Buying floor mats and IND plates from the dealer during purchase of the vehicle itself generally wil only save you additional time and efforts but still can't be forced. In return, considerig the time of the year, insist them to put HSRP only

Long term insurance policies are made mandatory since September 1 last year - 5yrs TP for 2-wheelers, 3 yrs TP for cars (comprehensive is not Mandatory FYI).

Otherwise, the things in the proforma invoice are normal
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 22:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

I just have a question on grippy tyres. Would you rate Michelins higher than MRF Zappers? I'm asking because the tyre on our Activa was changed to Zappers, last year, and it's just phenomenal. It's simply superb on turns. It does wear out faster, so for the next change - should we consider going French?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Decent tyres, but would love to replace it with a set of Grippy Michelins
Old 8th May 2019, 15:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

The Michelin City Pro are very good. Just got the rear Zapper on my Activa replaced. Don't know if it's available in 12inch size though
Old 8th May 2019, 15:37   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The Michelin City Pro are very good. Just got the rear Zapper on my Activa replaced. Don't know if it's available in 12inch size though
Got the Michelins for Jupiter in 90/90 R12 size. Huge difference in grip compared to the TVS tyres it originally had.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 15:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that they are available in 12 inch too. Both grip and comfort have increased for me. Although I can't say for sure how it compares to new zappers. Now I need to change the rim too so that I can use it without a tube. I am thinking of swapping this to the front after a few months and putting the new one at the back
Old 8th May 2019, 16:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Also noticed that the OTR quote for the Ntorq in Bangalore is Rs 83,950 which also includes the following:
-RTO Regn charges of Rs 2445 (this is above the Rs 7452 road tax & Rs 370 smart card charges)

I have not bought a new 2-wheeler in India so kindly asking- Are these normal or the dealer just making some additional money. Is it compulsory for us to take 5 years insurance? Or all these could be disputed and asked to be removed.

Thanks
Please do ask for the breakup of the RTO Regn charges - seems like a rip-off. Additionally whatever be their explanation - please ask it in writing. If not escalate to TVS.

Nobody can force you on standard accessories - Just pick up the mirrors and the side stand at MRP from their spares.

Always check for an insurance quote from outside - easiest is to just check policy bazaar or somewhere. You can show that and ask the dealer to match it.

And yes, the Ntorq is a much superior product in terms of cycle parts and features compared to the Dio. Do get it for your son - he will thank you later!
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 16:56   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Please do ask for the breakup of the RTO Regn charges - seems like a rip-off. Additionally whatever be their explanation - please ask it in writing. If not escalate to TVS.

Nobody can force you on standard accessories - Just pick up the mirrors and the side stand at MRP from their spares.

Always check for an insurance quote from outside - easiest is to just check policy bazaar or somewhere. You can show that and ask the dealer to match it.

And yes, the Ntorq is a much superior product in terms of cycle parts and features compared to the Dio. Do get it for your son - he will thank you later!

Thanks Sai_ace. I have already written to TVS and they replied saying they will call me. I am checking on policy bazaar also.

In fact my son initially liked the Dio being lighter and I also secretly got to know from his messenger (my wife) that he didnt want to burden me with the extra cost...so it was Dio. Anyway, since I will also be once in a while using it to run errands and knowing the NTorq is a better package I asked him to go ahead with the NTorq. He sure is maha-thrilled
Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 19:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hullo Haroon bhai, 5 years insurance is a straight day robbery!! Anyway it's your choice to take 1 or 5 years, dealer cannot force.

That being said, these days its better to take a long term cover for a very simple reason that every year the insurance amount goes up by a certain percent, not by few Rs.

RTO & smart card charges seems OK, but someone from Bangalore can confirm it. Ideally the road tax is 10% of the exshowroom price, that's the thumb rule.

Pls ask a breakup of Rs 2445, that is not something I have heard off

And please knock off the Rs 1200 of standard accessories, IF, you don't want some/any of them. Ideally it should be available as complimentary considering...
1. Overall vehicle sales are very slow moving
2. May being laziest month for buying a vehicle

Hopefully they budge to offer you some discounts, otherwise hit straight on the nail - It's Diwali or New Year time for best bargains
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 01:34   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Hullo Haroon bhai, 5 years insurance is a straight day robbery!! Anyway it's your choice to take 1 or 5 years, dealer cannot force.

That being said, these days its better to take a long term cover for a very simple reason that every year the insurance amount goes up by a certain percent, not by few Rs.

RTO & smart card charges seems OK, but someone from Bangalore can confirm it. Ideally the road tax is 10% of the exshowroom price, that's the thumb rule.

Pls ask a breakup of Rs 2445, that is not something I have heard off

And please knock off the Rs 1200 of standard accessories, IF, you don't want some/any of them. Ideally it should be available as complimentary considering...
1. Overall vehicle sales are very slow moving
2. May being laziest month for buying a vehicle

Hopefully they budge to offer you some discounts, otherwise hit straight on the nail - It's Diwali or New Year time for best bargains
Thanks Aargee.
For the insurance it seems late last year there is a ruling from Supreme Court that new 2-wheelers have to be compulsorily insured for 5 years and 4-wheels for 3 years. But the showroom gave me an option to do insurance outside. I have written to TVS company on the RTO charges. Lets see what they say.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 15:35   #75

This is a good thread as there are limited first hand reviews/experiences shared online.
I had a question regarding TVS coming up with the smartconnect app for iOS. On their official FB handle they mention that they will soon be coming out with the iOS app, but unfortunately, they have not quantified 'soon'.
Does anybody have any inside news regarding the time by when iOS app would be released?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks