Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 14:59   #76
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Has anyone here gone for the AMC offered by TVS for the NTORQ? It includes the labour for 4 services in a year + 2 water cleaning and costs around ₹ 1,200.
Old 19th September 2019, 07:15   #77
BHPian

Re: Service Experience and Issues Faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Service Experience
3. Fuel evaporation Issue - Facing a weird issue about fuel evaporation issue. When you keep the scooter idle for about 48 hours, you will lose about 180 odd ml due to the evaporation. I have reported this issue to the dealership and TVS wants to check this. I have not had time to give the vehicle to them to have this rectified.
Did you get this sorted out? Will one really lose a liter of fuel if the vehicle is kept idle for 12 days?
Old 19th September 2019, 09:37   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Has anyone here gone for the AMC offered by TVS for the NTORQ? It includes the labour for 4 services in a year + 2 water cleaning and costs around ₹ 1,200.
Firstly apologies on the delayed response.

I had opted this for the Jupiter and it was worth while considering each service would cost around 250 to 300 bucks and 4 times a year. All consumables are covered in this, so I had opted for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Did you get this sorted out? Will one really lose a liter of fuel if the vehicle is kept idle for 12 days?
I had removed the fuel cap, realigned it and fixed it back. As strange as it may sound, the evaporation issue went away. Post that I have not observed any fuel loss as such. At the same time, I have not left the vehicle idle for 12 days either to check if a litre of fuel evaporated.

One thing for sure, fuel efficiency is a question mark on my scooter at least as the mileage is hovering around low 30s during the regular usage. Better mileage is achieved only on open road cruising around 50 kmph which is very rarely done. TVS has changed the auto choke and the ignition module. I will swap it to the updated one and see what is the benefit if at all it is there on the fuel efficiency.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 21:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
One thing for sure, fuel efficiency is a question mark on my scooter at least as the mileage is hovering around low 30s during the regular usage. Better mileage is achieved only on open road cruising around 50 kmph which is very rarely done.
I get exactly the same FE numbers on my nTorq too. The best I got was approx 47 on a 100 km highway stretch.

For my daily home - office commute, it has struggled to even work out 35 kmpl.

Low end is also poor, mid range is where it blows the competition away.
Old 11th October 2019, 04:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

If TVS has an Achilles heel, it is their dealers. Slowdown doesn't seem to affect these guys at all (not that Honda is any different). Bharath TVS guys don't even greet the customer and are busy looking at their phones. I picked up the invoice from a stand there, and headed to the new kid on the block Preetham Motors (They were no different). NTORQ doesn't have an equal yet, else I would have selected other brand. Why are the staff selling bikes and scooters so lackadaisical? Why aren't they motivated to sell! It's overall there, regardless of brand. We got the new NTORQ Race Edition home with DC and LED headlights. Family will be using it. Bike looks smartest of the lot. Now, I just need to zero in on a great place to service (doesn't look like an east task). Kindly suggest the best place.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_2998.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 13:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Now, I just need to zero in on a great place to service (doesn't look like an east task). Kindly suggest the best place.
Unfortunately there is no one unless u know a road side mechanic for some years. That's who I am giving my 1 year old scooter to. Thinking of retro fitting the led lamp to mine for which I'll probably have to get it done from Bharat motors only.
Old 11th October 2019, 13:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

Then you should change over to DC. Since LED is DC. I'm not sure of earlier set up. Unit is from LED TECH, in case you want to procure. Looks and performs the best among all units out there in the market. Really happy with this one. Dealer is unaware of any AMC. Where do I get that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Unfortunately there is no one unless u know a road side mechanic for some years. That's who I am giving my 1 year old scooter to. Thinking of retro fitting the led lamp to mine for which I'll probably have to get it done from Bharat motors only.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_3010.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 11th October 2019 at 14:00.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 08:13   #83
BHPian

Quote:
If TVS has an Achilles heel, it is their dealers. Slowdown doesn't seem to affect these guys at all (not that Honda is any different). Bharath TVS guys don't even greet the customer and are busy looking at their phones. I picked up the invoice from a stand there, and headed to the new kid on the block Preetham Motors (They were no different). NTORQ doesn't have an equal yet, else I would have selected other brand. Why are the staff selling bikes and scooters so lackadaisical? Why aren't they motivated to sell! It's overall there, regardless of brand. We got the new NTORQ Race Edition home with DC and LED headlights. Family will be using it. Bike looks smartest of the lot. Now, I just need to zero in on a great place to service (doesn't look like an east task). Kindly suggest the best place.
The service I've been getting at Tristar motors service center in Domlur has been excellent so far. My point of contact is a person named Murthy there. I can DM you his number if you'd like.
di1in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 20:54   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

The NTorq recently went in for the service to Prakruti TVS as it is close by and my boys generally take it for the Express Service. These guys have tightened the T stem a little too much and changing direction on the scooter takes more effort now. Need to get it adjusted again.

Quote:
Then you should change over to DC. Since LED is DC. I'm not sure of earlier set up. Unit is from LED TECH, in case you want to procure. Looks and performs the best among all units out there in the market. Really happy with this one. Dealer is unaware of any AMC. Where do I get that?
Will check if this can be straight swap. I wont bother if it requires a wiring kit change, will do it. How is the illumination at night?
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 21:30   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Will check if this can be straight swap. I wont bother if it requires a wiring kit change, will do it.
Do update here if it's possible to swap the headlights to the new LED set. I'm interested too.
Old 17th October 2019, 05:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Illumination is the best on any scooter. Honda ones are set high and that hits the eyes of incoming traffic, whereas this has a nice spread on-ground. TVS has outdone themselves here. The beam is really effective, can't praise it enough. The guys at the dealership say the unit can be procured for an older NTORQ, but its not plug-n-play. But I doubt if he has poked his head inside, (must be talking though his hat). Got the bike some 'PPF wrap' protection on the shiny bits (carbon areas have some protective coating so cant be wrapped). This job was executed by someone I know on JC Road (It was RE 350 season there, as I saw five of those bikes 'back-to-back' for tank wraps), and the guy said the battery is different from regular NTORQ. So looks like many things have to change for a swap (not sure).
Quote:
Will check if this can be straight swap. I wont bother if it requires a wiring kit change, will do it. How is the illumination at night?
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_3026.jpg  

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_3412.jpg  

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_3363.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 17th October 2019 at 06:03.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 11:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for used scooters on some of the regular portals. I noticed that among 2017 and 2018 models on sale, there is a high portion of Ntorqs and then Fascino. I wonder if the Ntorqs are getting sold off soon due to the low FE issue or something else ? I was hoping to see a decently priced SR125 but none.
Old 17th October 2019, 12:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Low FE could be a factor as the bike returns 30KMPL. My friend saw the new Race Edition with LED, its light spread, and sold his old NTORQ for 65,000 in Bangalore. He will get the latest. So there is a high rate of churn, in this high-end category. Guys have more disposable income and want the trendiest, is what I discern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I was looking for used scooters on some of the regular portals. I noticed that among 2017 and 2018 models on sale, there is a high portion of Ntorqs and then Fascino. I wonder if the Ntorqs are getting sold off soon due to the low FE issue or something else ? I was hoping to see a decently priced SR125 but none.
Old 10th November 2019, 15:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

Your observation regarding fuel evaporation is 'bang on'! It occurs in ours as well, and the scooter is a brand new Race Edition. TVS hasn't fixed this issue. Where should I take this to be looked at in Bangalore? Thanks in advance
Quote:
Fuel evaporation Issue - Facing a weird issue about fuel evaporation issue. When you keep the scooter idle for about 48 hours, you will lose about 180 odd ml due to the evaporation. I have checked this by filling the tank to the brim and letting the scooter sit idle and check it after 2 days. this has been done twice and it lost about 180 on first instance and 190 ml on the 2nd instance. I have reported this issue to the dealership and TVS wants to check this. I have not had time to give the vehicle to them to have this rectified.
Old 13th December 2019, 19:13   #90
BHPian

Do we have a fix for the cold start issue. Kaleido TVS at Hoodi in Bengaluru is prompt in calling to remind for services. First I told them politely that vehicle has done only 2500 kms in 1.5 years and am not interested in servicing the vehicle every 400 kms. No respite, the jokers keep calling !
Told them if you dont have a fix for the cold start don't waste your time and my time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks