Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 14:26   #106
BHPian

Re: TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review

Hello All.

I got my NToRQ Disc Brake, Grey about a month back for Local errands. Total On-road came to around 97K including accessories worth ~2K and 1 + 4 Year Insurance. Really opaque pricing from the showroom, but did not have an alternative close by.

Its done 70 Kms in the past one month and all seems good. I doubt if the bike will do any serious KMs, given running errands is the bike's primary purpose

Here is a customary pic during the pooja near my home.

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20200615-6.01.02-pm.jpeg
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 14:41   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
I got my NToRQ Disc Brake, Grey about a month back for Local errands. Total On-road came to around 97K including accessories worth ~2K and 1 + 4 Year Insurance. Really opaque pricing from the showroom, but did not have an alternative close by.
Congratulations on getting the scooter home. I got it for 74,000 bucks and now 97,000 in a couple of years.

BS6 version is Fuel injected should be a wee bit more smoother and a little more fuel efficient. Throttle response is better too.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 21:32   #108
BHPian

Does anybody here had starting and stalling problems on their Ntorq? Mine started giving problems within the first week of purchase, where it would not start after engine was switched off at signals and it would eventually start after 5-6 minutes. Auto-choke was replaced under warranty, rear brake pads were also replaced under intervention from TVS head office after a complaint was lodged with them following repeated screeching noise on applying brakes which persisted even after multiple visits to the service centre and lastly engine was re-built under warranty following low compression which led the engine to cut off suddenly while riding.
Babyhindusthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:59   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhindusthan View Post
Does anybody here had starting and stalling problems on their Ntorq? Mine started giving problems within the first week of purchase, where it would not start after engine was switched off at signals and it would eventually start after 5-6 minutes. Auto-choke was replaced under warranty, rear brake pads were also replaced under intervention from TVS head office after a complaint was lodged with them following repeated screeching noise on applying brakes which persisted even after multiple visits to the service centre and lastly engine was re-built under warranty following low compression which led the engine to cut off suddenly while riding.
Sadly, my NTorq has the same issue with the Auto Choke. The local Service Centre is unable to resolve the issue. I have taken up the issue with the TVS Service Manager and hopefully, will have it resolved later this week.
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmathews View Post
Sadly, my NTorq has the same issue with the Auto Choke. The local Service Centre is unable to resolve the issue. I have taken up the issue with the TVS Service Manager and hopefully, will have it resolved later this week.
My niece's NTorq has the same issue. On several occasions, the scooter refuses to start. Poor girl was stuck after coming out of the gym for 20 min and eventually, someone had to tow it back to the service center.

It's clear that the auto-choke isn't working as designed. She has the BS4 version and its just about 2 years old with about 6000km on the ODO. The battery was dead under 2 years. I paid a visit to the ASC to talk about the battery replacement under warranty, but sadly, the battery comes with only 1 year warranty. In all my experience, batteries on scooters last a minimum of 4 years.
In addition to the above, I see that the engine makes a tik-tik noise and I am sure it's something to do with the CAM or valves. Don't know if this will even be addressed.

The Bluetooth and all the bling that comes with the scooter; I guess you wear out of that pretty soon. Although the engine sounds sporty, for a scooter it's rather noisy and the seats are narrow too. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this scooter as a family scooter.

I guess, the BS6 versions with fuel injection does not have the above problem. Again, never buy the "first version" is the lesson from this whole experience.

For a family scooter, you will still be better off with the new Activa or Access. Both these scooters are more refined and certainly more reliable. I also think that quality on the TVS scooters are generally below average and wouldn't last as long as an Activa for sure.
hellraizer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 12:13   #111
BHPian

I am looking to buy a Scooter primarily to teach driving to my kids (6' and 5'10") who are in their late teens. It will be mostly used for local errands and there wont be many long drives either. Safety related issues (straight line stability, metal body and disc brakes) and Minimum maintenance/Service related trips are a priority for me. Mileage and Storage are not an issue.

The last scooter I rode was Kinetic Honda in early 90s. So am completely out of touch with the Scooter scene these days. Need suggestions from the experts here on which Scooter will be a good option? Trying to decide between TVS Jupiter/NTorq, Honda Activa 125/6G and Suzuki Access 125. Pls feel free to suggest any other scooter that I may have missed that will be suitable for my needs.

Thanks in advance...
Old 4th October 2020, 12:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

It's better if the scooter is kick-started first time in the morning. I know this defeats the purpose of a 'self', and girls may find it difficult. But I'm practicing this, and have no problem with anything on the bike so far. Completed a year in September. See if you can try this for a month
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
On several occasions, the scooter refuses to start.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:19   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am looking to buy a Scooter primarily to teach driving to my kids (6' and 5'10") who are in their late teens. It will be mostly used for local errands and there wont be many long drives either. Safety related issues (straight line stability, metal body and disc brakes) and Minimum maintenance/Service related trips are a priority for me. Mileage and Storage are not an issue.

The last scooter I rode was Kinetic Honda in early 90s. So am completely out of touch with the Scooter scene these days. Need suggestions from the experts here on which Scooter will be a good option? Trying to decide between TVS Jupiter/NTorq, Honda Activa 125/6G and Suzuki Access 125. Pls feel free to suggest any other scooter that I may have missed that will be suitable for my needs.

Thanks in advance...
Hi,
I have an NTorq. It is a fun scooter. However, if you are looking for a scooter for household runs, Access would be my first choice.
vmathews is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 09:37   #114

Quote:
This is an update on the above issue.

I contacted Mr. Prithiviraj from TVS (mobile number was given on the Escalation info board in the ASS) responded promptly and asked me to come to the ASS.

Vehicle was checked and it was found that the Thermal Sensor was possibly malfunctioning and that the Clutch Assy. is to be replaced to address the shuddering when moving the vehicle from standstill.

It seems that TVS has a modified 6 Hole Clutch Assy. to resolve this issue. The current Clutch is a 2 Hole Assy. I did not see the part, so I am unable to elaborate on 2 hole or 6 hole.

It took 2 weeks for the part to arrive from the factory (surprising since I stay at Hosur and the TVS factory is also at Hosur and hardly 5-7 km from the ASS) and I gave my vehicle yesterday to do the repairs.

I received the vehicle late evening and this morning the vehicle worked like a charm. I will update this thread after a few days.

I was informed that the Choking issue was due to carbon deposit on the Carburettor. Cleaning the Carb properly was the solution.

Now, I am unable to wrap my head around this explanation. Granted that there will be some carbon deposit on the Carb. How can a vehicle, less than 1 year old with just 7000km on the Odo have this issue. I fuel only at Shell. Vehicle is always serviced at the ASS (as it is under warranty).

Can anyone think of some logical explanation.
Old 8th October 2020, 12:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have an NTorq. It is a fun scooter. However, if you are looking for a scooter for household runs, Access would be my first choice.
I am thinking between NTorq and Jupiter due to most people praising Jupiter's better ride quality. NTorq has a stiffer suspension set up it seems. Jupiter has a Disc brake model and got 12" tyres too (like NTorq but less wide). So now it's difference of engine capacities (125 vs 110) which should not make much of a difference, given the scooter running will be low over short distances mostly.

Unless I am missing something with Access 125 or Activa 125?
Old 8th October 2020, 13:33   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am thinking between NTorq and Jupiter due to most people praising Jupiter's better ride quality. NTorq has a stiffer suspension set up it seems. Jupiter has a Disc brake model and got 12" tyres too (like NTorq but less wide). So now it's difference of engine capacities (125 vs 110) which should not make much of a difference, given the scooter running will be low over short distances mostly.

Unless I am missing something with Access 125 or Activa 125?
If I were to chose between Access & Activa, it would be the Access. Similarly, both have good resale value, not to mention both are 125cc. We have both these scooters in our house and no regrets till date.

Between Jupiter & NTorq, it would be Jupiter (for short shopping runs). I suggest you TD both Access and Activa before deciding.
vmathews is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

And...the NTORQ completes One Year and I can confidently say this is an excellent scooter. Pick up and comfort is excellent, so is service. Gave it a nice wash and renewed the insurance. We have no issues to report. The only niggle (if I can call it that) I'm facing of late is, in case the bike is not used for a week and more, the daily ritual of a single 'morning kick-start' wont work. Takes couple of more tries. While at the dealer for insurance paperwork, I noticed the new NTORQ BS6 in Yellow. The mixed use of red and yellow just doesn't suit this particular area. It gets an OBD port in the glove box. Took a test ride, and boy, the bike has lost its legendary pick-up. It's just limp. Thanked my lucky stars that mine is BS4, and scooted!
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_6775.jpg  

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-img_6765.jpg  

Old 19th October 2020, 14:31   #118
BHPian

Hi All,

Just spotted these at the Unloading area. Are these assigned for India? Any idea?

TVS NTorq Iron Man/ Captain America/ Black Panther editions.
TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-1-bp.jpeg

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-2-bp.jpeg

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-1-ca.jpeg

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-2-ca.jpeg

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-1-im.jpeg

TVS Ntorq 125 - Ownership Review-2-im.jpeg

Cheers, NA
na_agrawal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 15:01   #119
Senior - BHPian

The Supersquad Edition is here. A crossover into the epic world of Marvel. Someone is infusing a lot of adrenaline into the scooter market
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 20:14   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Hello All.

Congratulations on the new ride. I too am in market for a new scooter. I checked out Ntorq and sales person was adamant on price, I was quoted around 97k for Disc variant with accessories. I walked out of the showroom and told sales advisor that I am going to buy Access 125. Now TVS dealer is calling me 10 times a day and is ready to sell it for 93K with all the accessories, extended warranty, Helmet, body cover and what not

Most Viewed