Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2007, 00:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

sheesh whats wrong woith this forum? I posted here twice, none of my posts appears!!

Rajeev, those are CBZ grips.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2007 at 09:34.
Old 1st January 2007, 22:32   #17
BHPian

Thnx SunnyBoi

But How much that cost? Ya even i had posted some more pics of my bike but it didn't appeared.
Old 2nd January 2007, 02:14   #18
BHPian

hi Rajeev . im new here . i think ur RXZ looks great . looks very well maintained . are u happy with ur handle bar ? i think it is stock . if ur happy and comfortable with it good , i donno how clip ons would work on a Z with stock seat and footpeg but u could try it out . a dirt handlebar would also be nice . i have a stock handle bar and im happy with it cas it is very comfortable on long rides on which i go very often . the stock RX grips are good . or u could go to a spare part shop and some nice ones that suit ur needs , dont forget to try fittin there itself so that ull come to know if its loose or no . do u want to keep ur bike stock or do u want more power ?

@ mavrik . are u rohit by any chance ?
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

My Love affair with Yamahas started with a 89 model RX 100 and still continues with a 98 model RX 135. I also maintain the bike in good mechanical condition although I don't care much for the paint and looks. You will never ever see my bike with bad brakes, leaking oil seals, loose chain, tight cables, thick exhaust smoke, tight gear shift etc.

I also wanted to own a RD 350. I searched hard, but could find that suits my budget and taste. Heres a pic of my love.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd January 2007 at 22:58.
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
sheesh whats wrong woith this forum? I posted here twice, none of my posts appears!!

Rajeev, those are CBZ grips.
hey sunnyboi, all the posts by newbies are moderated. get familiarised with the tbhp rules and regulations
anyways welcome on board and happy new year.
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:14   #21
BHPian

Hi 2StrokeJunkie first of all thanks for your reply. ya i like the stock look. but as you are saying that if i need some power in my bike, i'd love to have some extra power in my bike. you know i am a regular traveller for that reason i had to be more concern about FE, so i am hesitating for the power. can I get both???
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:15   #22
BHPian

Rajeev, you've gotta slow down a bit there bro. You just got the bike. First thing the I would suggest. Get some good rubber for your bike.

You wanna convert it to an ES? All the best. Let us know about the progress.

Alloys, you can get any kinda alloys you want for your bike. I had crappy RADO alloys on my RXZ when I bought it. The Damn things were heavy, chucked them and now back to spokes.

What are the clip ons for? You intend to put this bike on track? Forget all that mumbo jumbo and just maintain the bike for what it is and I bet she'll have a few surprises in store for you. Once you've gotten used to everything and I mean everything about the stock trim then head on to some mods.

Your not going to get anywhere with radical ideas as ES and what not. Just kick start the bike man, she'll start.
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockroach View Post
Your not going to get anywhere with radical ideas as ES and what not. Just kick start the bike man, she'll start.
I fully support cocokroach on this comment. Yamaha RX series are very simple bikes. Its best to leave it that way. High end stuff usually dont work fine on these bikes. Maintaining these gadgets is another pain.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:44   #24
BHPian

Thanks Cockroach and mail4ajo thanks again for your reply. In fact mail4ajo i admire you for your experienced in yamaha, thats why when i bought my second hand bike i tried to follow all the guidance you have posted in a thread for buying a second hand bike. thanks once again mail4ajo.
Old 4th January 2007, 02:05   #25
BHPian

hmm with regards to ur question about more power as well as more fuel efficiency , there is one after market part specially for the RX that does this . it is the RDDreams RX CDI . it increases power , increased milage and reduces emmisions . it costs 2K and u can check out RDDreams:Indias First and best Automotive Forum if ur interested . my RX runs on this CDI and it is fantastic .

ps : @ mods i hope u dont have any problems with this post . im not advertising , im just sharing my experience with another RX owner and answering his question as well . u can delete it if u feel its an advertisement.
Old 4th January 2007, 22:53   #26
BHPian

Thanks 2StrokeJunkie for your reply. I'll try that.
Old 6th January 2007, 19:51   #27

hi all,
Here is my FZ6

Thanks Kumar
Old 17th January 2007, 00:05   #28
BHPian

I am Back again, n now with some more pic of love

Hi Guys these are some more pics of my bike. hope you all like it. I'll post some latest pics of my bike very shortly, after the stickering on the engine guard and visor. please dont forget to post your feedback.
Old 17th January 2007, 10:46   #29
BHPian

Hey Me toooo

Hey Rajeev, the yamaha Lovers are still alive... me too one of them. I do Have a yamaha Rx 100 '89 been with this for around 4 years and still going strong. I am Sure its going to be with me for another Decade. It is a Killer Bike.... Good to see so Many Yamaha Lovers.

mail4ajo : Great Condition Man Keep it up. will Definately take some tips from you too keep my Bike running for a decade.
Old 17th January 2007, 11:46   #30
BHPian

I am also a proud owner of a rx135 5 speed - no mod- except 3.0 tyres. Never liked new gen bikes like Pulsar/apache... Rx is a simple..handy..yet powerfull, Man I like the beat ..ta. .ta...ta..trrrrrrrr.. (obv, no idling).

The only problem I an facing is with spare parts availability. Last week I had been to three of YAM dealers in bangalore for a chain cover set and a oldstyle round indicator assembly . Believe me none had, they suggested to buy JC road one.

I regret , purchased a AMBA brand chain cover, and tried to fix the same myself. bad. it never fixed properly. After one hour struggle - with two tea, cigar break, got frustrated and thew to a corner of my garage. simple Rs 200 of waste metal.

Other thing, is finding a good repair shop. I tried in one of the Castrol bike zone, they said it is the last time they will attend to my two stroke one.
I remember there were KLASSIC in indiranagar and DTW, santhi nagar?. Both are too far for me. Is there any Good mech near BTM/HSR/KOR area?.

Most Viewed