Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 09:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Spied: 2018 KTM 390 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
So finally right before EICMA we see some fresh spy shots of the 390ADV.
Excellent!!
Now these spy shots can serve us till the "Spied: 2022 KTM 390 Adventure" rumor thread

Frankly I have lost all hope of there ever being a 390 adventure.
timuseravan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 10:04   #47
BHPian

Ahahahah! Such a delightful thing to read about this morning! Thanks for sharing this I for one, am completely stoked to see the two new models. Can't wait till EICMA to see if the folks at Mattighofen will bring on some early Christmas cheer.

Here's what I gathered from the article:
  • Scrambler and Adventure prototypes
  • The article starts with a phrase that kind of translates to 'fresh trouble for KTM'
  • These are two new models apart from the 500 & 800 twins
  • Only KTM knows why the test mules are sporting a spoke-wheel in the front and cast-alloy at the rear
  • 19 inch wheels
  • Same 390 heart as on the Duke and RC singles
Old 25th October 2017, 21:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Loved the 390 Scrambler test mule.

I used to have an Impulse. Loved the way the Suspension used to make short work of any terrain. Sadly sold it off due to non existent spare availability. Never gave a second thought for the Himalayan due to the RE lineage (and reputation).

The 390 Scrambler looks like the perfect "Mid-Life Crisis" toy for me.

Tough times already for BMW G310GS.

Last edited by payeng : 25th October 2017 at 22:20.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 16:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Tough times already for BMW G310GS.
With neither bike launched or any news available of a probable launch date and with no news on pricing, it would be difficult to who makes it tough for whom.

It all boils down to whether KTM has the bike ready to be showcased at EICMA this year or not. While the current spy shots indicate that the bike is far from being production ready, it could just be a clever ploy to mislead the general public. I guess I'm being overly optimistic about this.

That said, good times ahead for prospective bike buyers.
Old 27th October 2017, 20:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
With neither bike launched or any news available of a probable launch date and with no news on pricing, it would be difficult to who makes it tough for whom.

It all boils down to whether KTM has the bike ready to be showcased at EICMA this year or not. While the current spy shots indicate that the bike is far from being production ready, it could just be a clever ploy to mislead the general public. I guess I'm being overly optimistic about this.

That said, good times ahead for prospective bike buyers.
There is a difference. BMW doesn't have the dealership network in place.. the main reason why the baby GS hasn't been launched here
. Even though it's made here.

KTM just needs to start manufacturing.. the dealership network is already in place
Old 27th October 2017, 20:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a difference. BMW doesn't have the dealership network in place.. the main reason why the baby GS hasn't been launched here
. Even though it's made here.

KTM just needs to start manufacturing.. the dealership network is already in place
Yes, but bajaj makes ktm and india quality is terrible. Now i am 100% certain that international markets get a completely different bike compared to us.

If ktm bikes abroad had the kind of issues our boys seem to be facing, ktm would have gone bankrupt from recalls and legal suits in 2013 itself, when the bike first launched.

TVS on the other hand should be doing a much better job. Even their own bikes seem stellar on quality compared to the equivalent bajaj.

Lets see, it's even Steven at the moment.

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th October 2017 at 20:28.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes, but bajaj makes ktm and india quality is terrible. Now i am 100% certain that international markets get a completely different bike compared to us.

If ktm bikes abroad had the kind of issues our boys seem to be facing, ktm would have gone bankrupt from recalls and legal suits in 2013 itself, when the bike first launched.

TVS on the other hand should be doing a much better job. Even their own bikes seem stellar on quality compared to the equivalent bajaj.

Lets see, it's even Steven at the moment.
My fav reply to "refinement" or "quality argument..

.. is just look at ROYAL ENFIELD. Indians just can't get enough of it.

Even Honda CBR 250R went belly up as well.. with all its "perceived" quality.

Last edited by payeng : 27th October 2017 at 22:01.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My fav reply to "refinement" or "quality argument..

.. is just look at ROYAL ENFIELD. Indians just can't get enough of it.

Even Honda CBT 250R went belly up as well.. Even with all its "perceived" quality.
Please dont bring royal enfield into this discussion. Plenty of other threads for it. This thread will become a threat soon lol.

I think the honda was too anemic compared to the duke 390. People just could not keep their hands off it. Its like an addiction. You know nothing good is going to come off it, still...

But please start reading new ownership threads now... People are just not happy. That initial duke euphoria is over. People want a reliable machine now, and its being expected off the ktm. If BMW gives that, boom.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please dont bring royal enfield into this discussion. Plenty of other threads for it. This thread will become a threat soon lol.

I think the honda was too anemic compared to the duke 390. People just could not keep their hands off it. Its like an addiction. You know nothing good is going to come off it, still...

But please start reading new ownership threads now... People are just not happy. That initial duke euphoria is over. People want a reliable machine now, and its being expected off the ktm. If BMW gives that, boom.
Only if doing business was so easy.
Old 29th October 2017, 08:17   #55
BHPian

The adventure version is designed very well IMO. If they equip this with 12V socket, GPS mount and easy pannier mounts, this bike is going to nail it. Waiting eagerly for the adventure.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:52   #56
BHPian

Was just following up on EICMA 2017 news and came across this thread ahead of the Nov 7th event. Don't know if they will actually showcase this at the event, but the testing location of the photos seems to co-relate with the location of the event itself.
Here's hoping there are more options hitting our shores soon in the adventure category.

http://www.india.com/auto/bike-news/...7-debut-36725/

IMG Source: Motorad Online

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd November 2017 at 12:02.
Old 29th December 2017, 00:21   #57
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been almost a year since the 390 Adv was spotted undergoing tests. There have not been any recent sightings of this ghost bike now. There were rumours that it would be showcased at EICMA 2017 - but they were just that - "rumours".

I doubt the 390 Adv project has been shelved since there is a lot of potential for it and the Adv market is now opening up not only in India but other countries as well.

So what's happening KTM Bajaj?
Old 29th December 2017, 09:58   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
It's been almost a year since the 390 Adv was spotted undergoing tests. There have not been any recent sightings of this ghost bike now. There were rumours that it would be showcased at EICMA 2017 - but they were just that - "rumours".

I doubt the 390 Adv project has been shelved since there is a lot of potential for it and the Adv market is now opening up not only in India but other countries as well.

So what's happening KTM Bajaj?
Not shelved at all. It will appear at eicma this 2018 and will launch thereafter. The ktm 790 adv r will also be showcased as a production model this eicma and will go on sale immediately thereafter.

I am personally keener on the 790 adv r.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 11:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Not shelved at all. It will appear at eicma this 2018 and will launch thereafter.
Sorry to sound skeptical but what is your source? I have been hearing/reading about imminent Adv 390 launch since November 2013 when I bought my D390.
And yes I have read about Stefan Pierer and Rahul Bajaj talking about ADV but I will only believe it when I can see it in showrooms.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 09:18   #60
BHPian

Its been months now we've not heard anything about it on the interwebs. Out of the blue my local KTM dealer posted an instagram story, saying start saving up for your 390 adv. Is there any new buzz? The owner of the dealership had told me that a reliable source from within KTM has informed him that there a few 390 Adv bikes which have been tested and are production ready, but are being kept under wraps at the chakan factory itself. Implicating a completely unexpected release anytime. I guess the wild goose chase is on again boys!
ashwin1224 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks