Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2020, 10:04   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats Parrys, rb2399, Jaggu & Red Liner.

Please keep updating the thread with your initial impressions.
Gearbox is a bit clunky right out of the dealership. Bike stalled/switched off in traffic in 3rd gear. I had to start her up again in motion. Clutch and the shift lever needs fine tuning for sure. Could be chain slack too. Was too dark for me to check anything at all.

Suspension is fairly damped for crappy roads. Little bit of play on the throttle side. Can it be adjusted in ride by wire to reduce that play? Bike feels super nimble, light,and agile off the bat.
Red Liner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 10:38   #647
BHPian

KTM Indiranagar told me they don't even have the TD bike and yet you guys got yours delivered? 😡
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 10:53   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
KTM Indiranagar told me they don't even have the TD bike and yet you guys got yours delivered? 😡
You could say everyone did a creative 420 to get the bikes out.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 10:55   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Took delivery, removed that saree guard and rode about 40 kms. At the end saw the nice error warning for quick shifter ++ Fun bike otherwise. More updates after I ride some more.
Attachment 1972256
Congratulations Jaggu bhai. Now the wait continues for your impressions.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 12:45   #650
BHPian

Finally some good news for Bangalore folks!
Congratulations Parrys, rb2399, Jaggu & Red Liner - wish you all 100s of Ks of happy and safe adventurous miles ahead.

Although I had booked ages ago with Red Liner, might only be picking up mine around June.
Until then, will console myself that I would be getting the version II with the beta testers ready now

Edit: Please add your ownership impressions (soon) gentlemen, lot of folks waiting for it.

Last edited by katoom : 22nd February 2020 at 12:47.
katoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 18:19   #651
BHPian

Took A TD of 390 ADV today.

Initial Impressions :

1. It is very nimble to handle. After coming from Ducati MS1260S it felt like a bicycle.

2. Clutch is super light.

3. Brakes are pretty good, you can vouch for it to save life.

4. I found hitting 8K rpm pretty easily and it does not go further. Enquired about it and they said it has been set like that.

5. Found serious lack of power, it may due to me riding Ducati back to back.

6. Suspension is pretty good and it gobbles up potholes and bumps.

7. Quickshifter, now this is interesting, in most bikes where I've tried QS, upwards works seamless and downwards is bit clunky, but here it is Vice versa

8. Did not find any issue with seat height, Yes I'm north of 6 feet and was fully geared up.

9. Found seat cushion perfect, need to see it on a long run.

10. Liked the display unit, It is crisp and functional.

11. It cost 3.87 Lakhs OTR here in Kerala, while Duke 390 costs 3.37 Lakhs OTR

Yes if I had spare cash, would definitely go for it. Pretty impressed with the bike. Would be a excellent beater.

Last edited by Vasuki : 22nd February 2020 at 18:40.
Vasuki is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 20:00   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Katoom came over. I had removed the saree guard by then. Had also adjusted the clutch lever play, was ridiculously huge. The screen was already in the raised position. Chain slack was actually okay. Tried adjusting the shift lever, but it would not go up further for more clearance. Played around with the console a bit. And consoled myself about not riding much for the next few days

Other bits and bobs:
+ Forks are made by endurance for WP :( found by katoom
+ Could not read who made the radiator fans
+ Tiny screw on the left of the headlight assy to change the beam orientation found by katoom
+ Brake pads are bybre and not Brembo like the interceptor. Maybe ebc on the next change. Katoom again
+ Mirrors have to go asap. What are my options. We saw an interceptor, and it’s nice and round, the mirrors. Katoom suggestion
+ Front suspension is quite soft...I can’t find out what weight oil is in there. Duke runs 5w, maybe this is a 7.5? Or even 10?
+ Two accessory ports on either side of the console with a dedicated fuse for each under the seat. Finally me lol
+ Air filter is easy access

More as I remember.

Last edited by Red Liner : 22nd February 2020 at 20:10.
Red Liner is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:32   #653
BHPian

I had a very short run on Red Liner's katoom and it was fun!
Although it felt raw and coarse, I think it would all be smoothened out with more and more KMS on the odo along with the first oil change.

Couple of things I remember:
Headlamp can be switched on even when the engine isn't running. Very useful!

Seats can be removed without any tools, which is pretty useful.
Under the seat storage is nothing to speak about. Just enough to keep the toolkit and the small first aid kit.
Fuse box is redesigned compared to mine and is easier to access now.

Folks thinking about scooping out the seat to reduce the saddle height - forget about it. There's hardly an inch of foam and nothing really possible here.

Starter relay housed under the seat - this is well thought out. In case of the relay getting submerged during water wading, the relay can get a short and keep cranking.

Engine compartment is really a busy place now. The newer emission norms have forced the addition of a lot of apparatus.

I did hear that the test ride bikes are gonna be available in Bangalore from next week.

Few pics comparing my first gen Duke Tashi with the new boy attached.

To summarize, the Adv is a tall boy and is visibly bigger than the Duke. I am eagerly waiting for the TR.

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img_20200222_172943__01.jpg

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img_20200222_173128__01.jpg

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img_20200222_173036__01.jpg

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img_20200222_172959__01.jpg

Last edited by katoom : 22nd February 2020 at 21:38. Reason: Missed mentioning about the seat padding
katoom is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:37   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

The both of us also feel that the fueling could be a bit lean. Maybe a fuel controller with a map to zap the low end torque would be nice.
Old 22nd February 2020, 22:47   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Gearbox is a bit clunky right out of the dealership. Bike stalled/switched off in traffic in 3rd gear. I had to start her up again in motion. Clutch and the shift lever needs fine tuning for sure. Could be chain slack too. Was too dark for me to check anything at all.
But I found the gearbox to be quite smooth in the TD vehicle.

Only complaints where some hesitancy showed up shifting using quickshifter.
Old 23rd February 2020, 01:59   #656
BHPian

In Bangalore, Popular Motors has Test Ride bikes available. Khivraj Motors says it will take sometime to get their test ride bikes. I visited Khivraj on Friday and Popular on Saturday. Did the booking at Popular and have been promised delivery within a week.
Crhysis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 06:46   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
But I found the gearbox to be quite smooth in the TD vehicle.

Only complaints where some hesitancy showed up shifting using quickshifter.
I think the bike has to run a bit to free up. All our bikes had 0.5 km on the odo.
Old 23rd February 2020, 07:55   #658
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think the bike has to run a bit to free up. All our bikes had 0.5 km on the odo.
Congratulations and Ride Safe!

Do start a separate thread if possible, would like to keep track of your progress with the ADV, and having gone through your Versys thread we know for certain you'd be able to give a more detailed insight than the average Joe.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 09:29   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

These are the supposed fluids in the 390 duke. I would expect the same inside the adventure.

KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img20200222wa0002.jpeg

Will need to be changed out asap.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 13:52   #660
Senior - BHPian

Completed close to 300 kms with my 390 Adventure:

1. Many have been complaining about the Quickshifter. I have not tried using it before I complete my run in period. So will comment on it after the first service. Gearbox otherwise works well, apart from finding neutral at times.

About the Quickshifter: The module is inside the engine case, unlike what we see on superbikes which is also a way of showing off the feature. How it works? The sensor positioned inside detects the movement of the gear selector in the range of 3-5 degrees, and then performs the Quickshifter role.

2. Heat management is great. There is some confusion caused because the fans now kick in early. Some riders have been thinking that the 390 Adventure is heating more. In fact, it is starting the cool down process earlier.

Point to note: If you are holding the handlebars while at a standstill and the radiator kicks in, you will notice the hot air being directed towards your wrist as well.

3. Tyres are doing a good job. Good grip on bad roads. Good grip on tarmac. Because I don't ride like a maniac, and I also have relative expectations as per the price I have paid. I am a reasonable guy

4. Bike does 100 kmph+ easily under 6,000 RPM.

5. Went for a ride, encountered really broken roads for more than 10 kms, stood up, didn't stop. No problems, no parts tried to fall off, no loose ends. Happy!

As an aftermarket addition, have only put up an anti-glare screen protector on the speedometer console.
KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.-img_3093.jpg

Last edited by parrys : 23rd February 2020 at 14:00.
parrys is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks