Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 18:22   #691
BHPian

Re: KTM 390 Adventure India launch confirmed. Edit: Launched at 2.99 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I think he is talking about the place, Chandigarh

Quick Question: why no one is talking about turn by turn navigation on 390 Adventure? or is it also omitted from 390 adventure's feature list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
It is there. I saw it in a review. You need to install ktm application on mobile by paying some subscription fee, pair mobile and you will have navigation on bike. Looks nice on the console.
Bulu Patnaik (Bulubiker) has explained this feature in detail in his channel. Please find the link below :

Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 21:19   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question: why no one is talking about turn by turn navigation on 390 Adventure? or is it also omitted from 390 adventure's feature list?
I used turn by turn navigation briefly and it works as expected. Would love to see something like android auto instead. But even this is good enough to start off.
You do need to buy the application worth 600₹ which seems cheap of ktm to put a price on it. Not like people are going to connect it to other bikes and use it!

In other news the hiccups are cured with QuickShifter in the off mode!
ihrishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 21:27   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
I used turn by turn navigation briefly and it works as expected. Would love to see something like android auto instead. But even this is good enough to start off.
You do need to buy the application worth 600₹ which seems cheap of ktm to put a price on it. Not like people are going to connect it to other bikes and use it!

In other news the hiccups are cured with QuickShifter in the off mode!
Is the map on the KTM app google maps or something else? I still prefer a full map layout to see where the road leads as opposed to turn by turn which might lead me off a cliff.

600 is the price all over the world, it’s okay and not a dealbreaker. It’s probably to cover the license fee of the map application.

I am having trouble with auto pairing of the KTM BT with my pixel android. How does it auto connect for others? Mine refuses.

Still unable to register on the KTM care app. Been waiting endlessly for multiple otps which have never arrived. I just want the goddamn manual.

Last edited by Red Liner : 26th February 2020 at 21:32.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 22:24   #694
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What is CHD?

I had already mentioned in my initial observations post. Disable QuickShiter+ and error will go away along with occasional abrupt engine cut off.

Filled up after couple of kms of low fuel light and it took about 10.39 liters to the top mark of the split in the filler funnel.

CHD - Chandigarh.

Looks like I missed your post and I regret it. Else, i could've saved one full day.

The low fuel red indicator stars when around 3+ ltr. still in the tank!
kph is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 07:31   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is the map on the KTM app google maps or something else? I still prefer a full map layout to see where the road leads as opposed to turn by turn which might lead me off a cliff.

600 is the price all over the world, it’s okay and not a dealbreaker. It’s probably to cover the license fee of the map application.

I am having trouble with auto pairing of the KTM BT with my pixel android. How does it auto connect for others? Mine refuses.

Still unable to register on the KTM care app. Been waiting endlessly for multiple otps which have never arrived. I just want the goddamn manual.
It’s not google maps but some other maps with similar functionality. On screen you will only see the upcoming turns, distance to turn and the ETA to destination. Unfortunately no full map layout yet.
The price is not a deal breaker but seems ridiculous to pay for an app which is supposed to work only with your bike. I also expect dhaniya free with vegetables

Auto-pairing is working fine for me; I have a huawei.

Regarding the KTM Care App - I have the same issue, am unable to register. If anyone here has been able to download the manual, kindly share!
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:02   #696
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Auto-pairing is working fine for me; I have a huawei.

Regarding the KTM Care App - I have the same issue, am unable to register. If anyone here has been able to download the manual, kindly share!

Similar issue with me too. App registration works, got the otp and able to complete that part. But unable to register the vehicle and complete the process. otp never arrives. Tried calling customer care, but they have no support for the app.
Highly appreciate if someone has the pdf manual and share it.
Old 27th February 2020, 09:18   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
Similar issue with me too. App registration works, got the otp and able to complete that part. But unable to register the vehicle and complete the process. otp never arrives. Tried calling customer care, but they have no support for the app.
Highly appreciate if someone has the pdf manual and share it.
No pdf manual at the moment, its built into the app.
Old 27th February 2020, 10:42   #698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think he is talking about the place, Chandigarh

I have installed it, the app per se works fine but the Map plain sucks! I have to figure out if I can replace that with google maps. Current map navigation is way off and does not correspond to the google maps directions, so can't even use it as a hybrid voice over with display from KTM navigation. First, I tried with both on and the google lady and KTM guy was contradicting each other on my Bluetooth helmet headset. Then I disabled the KTM guy's voice and atleast on some major roads, they agree to each other. In short DON'T waste 600 INR!
Jaggu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 10:45   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

As i expected. I dont even want the blue tooth anymore unless android auto comes through. The less distractions on that big screen the better.
Old 27th February 2020, 16:18   #700

Recently did a Pune-Mumbai-Pune trip with my wife as pillion. Below are some highlights from the trip:

1. The fuel economy as shown by the console was ~35kmpl (for the highway run)

2. This one time, the digital console went completely black/blank, while the engine was still running. The screen came back after ~10 seconds. This issue didn't repeat again.

3. The pillion comfort, in my wife's words, wasn't really up to the mark. The seat feels hard, and the lower back lets its presence known after 50-60 kms.

4. The rider's seat is also a little hard, would have preferred if the seat comfort was similar to the Himalayan.

5. Somehow, I feel that my bike's handle isn't assembled properly, or maybe it is the Tyre installed incorrectly, I'm just guessing. If I let the handles loose, the bike starts drifting slightly towards the right. Would be really great if someone know the root cause for this.

I'm planning to buy some air seats (air cushions or whatever they're called!) for both the rider and pillion. Saddle bags with saddle stays, once they're available in the market, is where I'm spending my money.

Please let me know if anyone else also faced the console going blank issues.
Kakashi91 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 19:08   #701
Senior - BHPian

Finally taken a plunge and booked ADV 390 white (need to confirm after seeing it in person, otherwise Orange it is) at KTM, Tambaram, Chennai.
Still RTO clearance has not been obtained, hence No TD.
Mostly RTO clearance and delivery will be happened around mid march 2020. no rush though.
Bike is huge than on photos and height is almost right for me and with riding boots, hoping to place 75% of my foot on the ground.
Exhaust note is little bit different from 390. loved the thump sound more in ADV 390.
Awaiting delivery with finger crossed
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 20:46   #702
BHPian

Got my bike today. 1 week as promised. But by far the worst delivery experience (Popular KTM - Mekhri Circle) of all the vehicles I have bought over the last 10 years.
Big upgrade coming from the Duke 200. Makes Bangalore roads rideable again. This is the real adventure - dealing with broken roads, gravel and oddly shaped speed brakers.
Sales person said that he would give me the manual in a few weeks when they recieve it. Though I wouldn't put much faith in his word.
My biggest concern now is reversing the bike from tight parking spots. I'm 5'10 but still have trouble moving it back on my tippy toes. Any tips from people familiar with living with taller bikes?

Last edited by Crhysis : 29th February 2020 at 21:00.
Crhysis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 23:47   #703
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crhysis View Post
Any tips from people familiar with living with taller bikes?
If you're backing up against an incline use the front suspension.

Grab Front Brake, push forward and compress the front suspension, just when it starts to rebound, let go of the front brake.

This'd cause the motorcycle to move back, once the momentum wears off grab the front brake and repeat.

Done!
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 05:13   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My biggest concern now is reversing the bike from tight parking spots. I'm 5'10 but still have trouble moving it back on my tippy toes. Any tips from people familiar with living with taller bikes?
Park the bike facing out. Back it up into the parking spot. That way when you need to leave,you just throttle out.

Congratulations.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 13:53   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new beauty. And welcome to the tall bikes league
Unlike with smaller bikes, when you are approaching your parking spot, even if there are a 100 things that you have to do where you are going or the surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful that you want to just park the bike and immerse in nature's beauty etc... FIRST decide how you have to pull out your bike later and accordingly park. If it needs to be parked at a angle of an incline or facing out as Red Liner suggested, etc etc., do as necessary. Also mounting taller bikes, its advisable to hold the front brake first, then retract the side stand and mount the bike holding the front brake, this way you only have to manage the left/right oscillation balance of the bike and not the additional challenge of the front or back movement of bike while mounting.

Enjoy the ride
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed