Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 15:32   #61
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
3L plus for a commuter, that too for Whitefield traffic is a waste of money IMO. Most owners of higher capacity motorcycles would gladly zoom around in an Activa, when it comes to city rides.
Not generalizing, but in my case I would take the R3 anyday. I have an access and a R3 and commute from Mathikere to Bellandur daily (60 kms). R3 is so easy to maneuver in the city and just as competent in the open roads.
Funnily, The ride quality and seat comfort is what I like the most about it in the terrible roads and traffic conditions we have. Mileage sucks though.

Last edited by Aniket6 : 13th August 2018 at 15:34.
Aniket6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 17:00   #62
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Ladies and Gents

Was all set to go for RR310 but the dealership guys told about 6 months waiting period plus the charm of twin cylinders is luring me
That's odd. I went to TVS first week of August & they had the Red bike in stock while they claimed a 2-3 week wait for the matte black one. I went to Neo TVS on Banerghatta road BTW
Old 13th August 2018, 18:00   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Mathikere to Bellandur daily (60 kms).
Thats a long commute compared to his requirement of 6 kms one-way.
Old 13th August 2018, 19:11   #64
BHPian

If we compare the pricing of New Ninja with R3, do you think it is justified?
Are there any chances of Yamaha also going the same way of reducing the prices for R3? Also heard Yamaha plans to launch an updated R3 (but don't know when).
Old 13th August 2018, 20:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Also heard Yamaha plans to launch an updated R3 (but don't know when).
The new R25 is still being tested elsewhere. Once that's launched they'll start testing the R3. So, it's gonna take quite a while.
Old 13th August 2018, 20:14   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
If we compare the pricing of New Ninja with R3, do you think it is justified?
Metzelers just costs 7k aftermarket - and thats the major difference between the two now?
Old 14th August 2018, 13:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doubt any of these options will feel like an upgrade, in peak Whitefield traffic. IMO - you should resist the temptation and stick to the unicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Without a doubt, even though RR is not too high a capacity bike, i still prefer to take my trusty old RTR to office, much easier to commute.
I just wanted to represent the rare group of people that do prefer a higher engine capacity bike even in the city. I do roughly about 100kms of riding on a daily basis in Hyderabad and a lot of it does involve traffic. Although my RC390 has developed issues with the fan motor I think and the fact that service center guys had changed my coolant from engine ice back to company stuff, meaning that it does heat up quite a lot, I still prefer it over any other lighter smaller bike. Even over a ktm 200. Once you figure out how to extract the most out of your machine and manage to stay fit enough to do so, every small gap in traffic makes each of those extra little CCs worth it. Sure I might not be getting from point A to point B in the city any faster that I might on a 150cc bike, but I sure do have a LOT more fun doing so.
IshaanIan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 17:47   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I just wanted to represent the rare group of people that do prefer a higher engine capacity bike even in the city. I do roughly about 100kms of riding on a daily basis in Hyderabad and a lot of it does involve traffic. Although my RC390 has developed issues with the fan motor I think and the fact that service center guys had changed my coolant from engine ice back to company stuff, meaning that it does heat up quite a lot, I still prefer it over any other lighter smaller bike. Even over a ktm 200. Once you figure out how to extract the most out of your machine and manage to stay fit enough to do so, every small gap in traffic makes each of those extra little CCs worth it. Sure I might not be getting from point A to point B in the city any faster that I might on a 150cc bike, but I sure do have a LOT more fun doing so.
A 100 km a day and 12 km a day up and down in Whitefield in Banglore, tough to compare. All I will do is stress my bike without any purpose known to me, and push her to more wear and tear. I used to take it to manyta but for such small distances, no more a high powered bike. It's again me, and my decision is mainly because of the route I take if I can atleast get a couple of km worth of open stretch I might still take the RR, but doesn't happen.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 19:51   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Metzelers just costs 7k aftermarket - and thats the major difference between the two now?
The main differences according to me between Yamaha R3 & Ninja 300, and the preferred one in each dept would be:

1. Ex showroom Price(3.48Lakhs vs 2.98 Lakhs)-N3
2. Power (321cc 42ps vs 296cc 39ps)-R3
4. No Slipper clutch vs Slipper clutch-N3
3. Tyres (Metz sportec vs MRF)-R3
4. Ground clearance(160mm vs 135mm)-R3
5. Weight and Tank (173kg 14lts vs 179kg 17lts)-both
6. ASS cost (as expected vs very high)-R3

So, its a tough choice. While the 50K price difference seems huge, its may happen that after a long term ownership, both may stand equal due to high ASS of Kawasaki.

Kawasaki's moves towards heavy localisation may bring the ASS prices down, but there has been no words from them at all.

For a regular ride and touring purpose, I don't think the points 2 to 5 have any major impact on choosing which one. Both are butter smooth twin cylinders and very addictive once you start revving them!

What would I chose? N300 for price difference, looks and coz m a Kawa fan boy!
quickfox11 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 20:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

^^^
I think the R3 has a lower seat. Might be important to some.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 21:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
R3 780mm vs N300 785mm So pretty close!
quickfox11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 04:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^

Regards
Sutripta
Ninja revs higher than R3, R3 sounds better, Ninja is more stable on highways owing to its longer wheelbase, there are infinite ways to look at things that mere spec sheet comparisons cannot hope to highlight.
Old 15th August 2018, 10:10   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
The main differences according to me between Yamaha R3 & Ninja 300, and the preferred one in each dept would be:
Also, R3 handled pretty average earlier, due to soft suspension plus those MRF tyres. Things seem to have got better post the Metzeler update, and the Ninja might suffer from MRFs now. But the Ninja might still come on top with the tyre upgraded.

Quote:
Kawasaki's moves towards heavy localisation may bring the ASS prices down, but there has been no words from them at all.
Doubt if the high labour costs will come down soon - but the spares like brake pads should have a big difference now. Endurance v/s Nissin.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th August 2018 at 10:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 10:25   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Power (321cc 42ps vs 296cc 39ps)-R3
IIRC, The R3 is short on power than N-300 at the wheel and that too by a decent margin. If someone has dyno results, please share.

Ya, its confusing between both. Both are Japs, buy whosoever has better service in your area.
Old 15th August 2018, 12:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
there are infinite ways to look at things that mere spec sheet comparisons cannot hope to highlight.
Very well said!

Quote:
Doubt if the high labour costs will come down soon - but the spares like brake pads should have a big difference now. Endurance v/s Nissin.
Yes plus the availability of generic spares like wires etc will increase as they are now made locally. And they are offering 3 years unlimited kms warranty. Top it up with zero dep insurance and hope you are safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
IIRC, The R3 is short on power than N-300 at the wheel and that too by a decent margin.
Not really. Sharing dyno results from Motorcycledotcom (+yamaha3racingdotcom) which also declared N300 as winner over R3, but by a very slight margin, due to R3's softer suspension and lack of power at top end. And the bikes they tested were all fitted with same pirelli tires in stock sizes.

Both are amazing street bikes. R3's broad power band gives it an edge in traffic and the new tires, ABS and cost of ownership makes it a no brainer. I was among the few people in Pune who got to test ride the new R3, and was bought by my close friend afterwards. The difference between old and new R3 is more confident inspiring for sure.

N300 on the other hand feels a bit premium while riding (no clue why). Feels powerful on highways as power comes a little later. Slipper clutch makes the city ride smooth and fun. Push, shift down, find a gap, shoot!

Point is, R3 ownership is hassle free. Else, both of these are super solid twins.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs-24891dd4ee264cd9ae0383537cdac433.jpeg  

Kawasaki Ninja 300 prices to drop thanks to heavy localisation. EDIT: Launched at 2.98 lakhs-6ad46b3ffdf848e493bb71810639da20.jpeg  

quickfox11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks