Team-BHP - After-market Horn upgrades for motorcycles & scooters
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   After-market Horn upgrades for motorcycles & scooters (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/199737-after-market-horn-upgrades-motorcycles-scooters-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvharder (Post 5038841)
Hi folks,
I have splendor ismart and the stock horn was stolen few days back, I have a stock Wagonr 12 V Minda horn was thinking to fit that to my bike.

Will it cause any battery drain issues and do I need to add a relay for it?

I don't think its much of a problem. If you are really worried, you can compare the wattage and check if the new one is having the same wattage or more to decide on whether it would drain the battery faster. The one thing that i would worry is the DB levels and mounting options.

The same relay would also drive this horn.

PS: ismart is a pretty recent bike so i suppose you would get 1:1 replacement OEM horns.

I can't believe someone's stealing a horn :Frustrati

I purchased my H’ness CB350 Dlx in December and it has been my primary vehicle since then, racking up almost 8000 kilometers. My daily commute is 24.5 kilometers, and I go on a weekend getaway once a month.

Since it is the base model it was delivered with a single high horn, unlike the Dlx Pro which is factory fitted with Dual Horn. I find the horn on Dlx to be good enough for city use, but below average for speeds above 60kmph in highways.

I am planning to fit a dual horn, and here comes my predicament. I am not very keen on Honda’s Dual Horn and in the process of finding a better horn. In the process, I came across horns by Hella (Sharp Tone Horn M26S - 115dB or dual horn set - 108dB) and was looking to finalize that.

Yesterday, I was driving my mother’s Ameo, and I was blown away by the horn. The horn was not too loud, but was very effective in letting the pedestrians, animals, and fellow road users know a vehicle was in the vicinity. They simply moved out of the way - talk about German efficiency!

I was wondering if I can use the horn from VW instead of the bike horn, and on possible downsides. If I cannot, what horns would you suggest for a cruiser bike that would be loud enough for the highways, while being city friendly too?

I purchased a Access 125 recently. The horn is really poor and I would like to upgrade to a horn that will get a response. It is not just the loudness, it is the tone of the horn that I feel is important.

Currently, the horn is so bad, that it is generally ignored and causes me many problems while riding.

Any leads on a good sounding horn would be helpful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafia (Post 5330116)

Any leads on a good sounding horn would be helpful

Few options would be :
1. Buy a single aftermarket horn from an accessories shop and replace it with the stock horn.
2. Buy a pair of horns and make a dual horn setup with a relay. This has to be done at the accessories shop or a DIY by following youtube videos.

Before you think of the above two options, try to turn the screw on the back of the scooter's horn to see if it changes the intensity of the horn. I had done this on my xpulse's stock horn and the horn is louder than before which helps a lot on the highway.