Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 17:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900

Hero MotoCorp has launched the Xtreme 200R at Rs. 89,900 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900-xtreme-200r.jpg

The Xtreme 200R is based on a diamond type frame and measures 2,062 mm in length, 778 mm in width and 1,072 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 1,338 mm and the seat height is set at 795 mm. The bike weighs 148 kg (kerb weight) and comes with a 12.5 litre fuel tank.

The Xtreme 200R features a dual-tone colour scheme with "Xtreme" decals on the sides. The front cowl has LED pilot lamps and houses an analogue instrument cluster with a digital readout. The bike rides on 17-inch alloy wheels finished in black. It features 37 mm telescopic front forks and has an adjustable monoshock at the rear.

The new Hero Xtreme 200R is powered by a 199.6 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 18.1 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and a peak torque of 17.1 Nm @ 6,500 rpm. It is paired with a 5-speed transmission. Braking is handled by 276 mm and 220 mm disc brakes in the front and rear respectively. It comes equipped with single channel ABS.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 19:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900

Some pictures from launch today. Dealers got to test-drive it at the Budh International Circuit, what an awesome event and experience. Pawan Munjal also drove it at the track.

One thing that stood out during the demo is the handling and ABS system. They showed off braking at high speed, bike coming to complete stop but still complete control over it.

Just to put something in perspective, while the engine is 200cc, the target consumer is one going for 160-180cc (as seen from the price). Idea is to be in that price range while offering customer greater power, acceleration, and style (subjective).
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900-whatsapp-image-20180813-12.29.44-pm.jpeg  

Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900-whatsapp-image-20180813-12.29.46-pm1.jpeg  

Hero Xtreme 200R launched at Rs. 89,900-whatsapp-image-20180813-12.29.46-pm.jpeg  

kumarshah is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 07:23   #3
BHPian

There was a time when Hero then Hero Honda was every boys fantasy motorcycle. It was the ultimate middle class dream, people thronged to get a peak of new launches such as CBZ, Karizma and the ilk, even Glamour got its fair share of admirers in the time.

But now looking at Hero all that comes to my mind is, is this the best that they could come up with? Bajaj and TVS are so far ahead in the game that Hero would need light years to catch up to them.

This vehicle is neither attractive nor appealing. The specs are nothing special as well. This motorcycle just does not possess that x factor that the legendary CBZ once possessed.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2018 at 12:17. Reason: language errors
Thebat is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th August 2018, 08:30   #4
BHPian

While this seems like a VFM deal, I feel Hero has spent too much time and efforts needlessly over designing it. Not a single panel of the body work is plain and purposeful. Even the windshield has a weird notch on it and quirky DRLs(?) Embedded into it. To me it seems the bike is trying compensate for the lack of something. I wonder what...
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Seems a new engine design, because Hero did not have a 200cc variant. Are they still taking inputs from the AVL Australia or is it an in-house effort.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
While this seems like a VFM deal, I feel Hero has spent too much time and efforts needlessly over designing it. Not a single panel of the body work is plain and purposeful. Even the windshield has a weird notch on it and quirky DRLs(?) Embedded into it. To me it seems the bike is trying compensate for the lack of something. I wonder what...
They just want to mask the fact that, after all these years of R&D, this bike is CBZ/Hunk with a 200cc engine.

Enthusiast may understand this is cost cutting measure, which has benefited us with superb price. Normal buyers might not like the idea of that.

How close is this to my Hunk? Entire metal part of it seems to be the same, even the white instruction sticker is the same Mine is almost decade old and still going strong,so no complains.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 15:27   #7
BHPian

No fuel-injection, no gimmicks, even has a kick-start! This can be a good option to tour hinterlands and not worry about malfunctioning electronics!

I am sure Hero is hoping that rural folks who swear by Splendour and Passion will want to upgrade to something powerful and buy this. However, rural India treats Hero bikes like commodity. Sell off the Splendour every 5 years to buy another Splendour!
Old 14th August 2018, 15:34   #8
BHPian

Almost two decades ago, when Hero Honda launched the first generation CBZ, It was love at first sight for many enthusiasts. This is fair to say that it was the first bike (>150cc) which became popular with masses long before the Bajaj Pulsar. IMHO the CBZ has lived its life and curtain should be down on it now. For me, it died a long ago when Extreme was added to its name. After that, a few cosmetic or mechanical changes every few years and launch after launch outcome remains same - a failure. Hero should move on a follow the trends and standards other manufacturers are setting.
Old 14th August 2018, 17:53   #9
BHPian

Is that engine kill switch on the right hand side ? Guess they forgot to put LED headlight. The headlight on my 8 year old CBZ xtreme is junk. When do they start taking these small things seriously.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 14th August 2018 at 17:54.
Old 18th August 2018, 10:03   #10
BANNED

Hero's first short stroke motor in India I believe at 66.5 x 57.5.

The configuration warrants some throttling to feel oomph at the rear wheel, which makes the carburetor setup seem more reasonable than an FI because carburetors have a reputation of making the G-forces prominent down low.

Single channel ABS a.k.a off-road ABS as far as us Indians are concerned is an advantage over dual channel ABS considering our riding conditions.

Now the whole configuration is something to write home about because in this day and age when motorcycles are being made like fashion accessories, it takes some 'something else' to sculpt a product with the Indian Enthusiast in mind.

There are a few of us who hold our current motorcycles very dearly for fear that our preferred genre of motorcycles would go extinct any moment and it is manufacturers like Hero who reignite the hope in us by manufacturing barebone motorcycles that are built to take on any form of abuse our roads and off-roads have to offer, don't take my word for it, the 7 step adjustable rear monoshock and the minimal dependency on electronics speaks for itself.

As far as the headlight goes, I'm still glad that they've kept the Halogen setup than going for a LED one because the ones present in this class of motorcycles is way below expectations(cough!...Honda XBlade...cough!), though I do hope they've offered a 60/55 Bulb compared to the 35/35 offered in the previous iterations of the Xtreme.

And finally, the only downside I could think about is that the motorcycle comes with a lot of plastic, though not as much as the Karizma's, the bulk could still have been utilized in a better way by offering a bigger fuel tank maybe? Or was that avoided on purpose considering that Hero knows its customer a little to well and their fascination with form over function?
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks