Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:16   #46
BHPian

Re: A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
But wasn't it already a CKD and now is locally manufactured hence the price reduction?
A few components like the brakes, tyres, wheels, wiring and some body panels are sourced from local manufacturers, while the engine and chassis continue to be imported via the CKD route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Its 3.5L OTR Bangalore, whereas R3 is 4.3L. Is R3 worth the extra 80k now?
The Ninja is ₹3.67 lakhs on road in Mumbai, while the R3 is ₹4.03 lakhs, so the difference is ₹33k here. Are you sure about the N300's price? Doesn't Bangalore have higher road taxes?

Kawasaki has high labour costs and the spare parts costs are also on the higher side. There is no update from the dealership whether this has changed with localisation of parts, but as of now Kawasaki is charging labour at ₹1200/hour. Not sure about the R3's exact service/spare parts costs, but it's much cheaper in comparison to Kawasaki. If you factor in maintenance costs, then in the long run the R3 will be easier on the pocket than the Ninja.

Can't say anything on the performance front, as I have not ridden the R3.

Hope this helps
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:59   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
A few components like the brakes, tyres, wheels, wiring and some body panels are sourced from local manufacturers, while the engine and chassis continue to be imported via the CKD route.

The Ninja is ₹3.67 lakhs on road in Mumbai, while the R3 is ₹4.03 lakhs, so the difference is ₹33k here. Are you sure about the N300's price? Doesn't Bangalore have higher road taxes?

Kawasaki has high labour costs and the spare parts costs are also on the higher side. There is no update from the dealership whether this has changed with localisation of parts, but as of now Kawasaki is charging labour at ₹1200/hour. Not sure about the R3's exact service/spare parts costs, but it's much cheaper in comparison to Kawasaki. If you factor in maintenance costs, then in the long run the R3 will be easier on the pocket than the Ninja.

Can't say anything on the performance front, as I have not ridden the R3.

Hope this helps
Ninja 300 in bangalore is close to 3.8 lacs OTR.
Old 26th September 2018, 00:08   #48
BHPian

So, discussions with Kawasaki folks unfolded something like this over the course of past few months:

#During the launch, they quoted RTO charges around 48K (16K extra)

#After the launch, they quoted it 55K (23K extra)

#When asked for written breakdown, it became ~40K for RTO (13% tax + 2% of that amount as safety tax) plus 10K Other Charges (Customer is King. And Kings must have lots of money!!)

#When told that I KNOW that taxes are actually 11% + 2% on that, it was changed to correct amount (around ~33K) plus 10K Other Charges

#When asked for details of Other Charges on e-mail, got a call explaining that its required for registration process, to give to agents, inspection etc!!

#When told that I bought a car a couple of weeks back and had hardly paid anything extra to the dealership, I was told that - that's how it is at Kawasaki..If you go to any other Kawaaki dealership they will charge even more.. management has told us this much is required for RTO

#During the conversation, they also mentioned that I can get it registered myself (probably to scare me?). But when I actually started discussing that angle (which they didn't expect?), they flipped saying - but the documents are in the system..and you cannot take bike to RTO without documents..thers warehouse entry that needs to be shown..you can't have access to those things etc etc

I think its time for vehicle manufacturers to put MRP stickers!!

Drifting towards sleep to dream about the green Shinobi, only to be shaken back into reality due to unprofessionalism of its keepers!
quickfox11 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 01:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfox11 View Post
So, discussions with Kawasaki folks unfolded something like this over the course of past few months:

#During the launch, they quoted RTO charges around 48K (16K extra)

#After the launch, they quoted it 55K (23K extra)

#When asked for written breakdown, it became ~40K for RTO (13% tax + 2% of that amount as safety tax) plus 10K Other Charges (Customer is King. And Kings must have lots of money!!)

#When told that I KNOW that taxes are actually 11% + 2% on that, it was changed to correct amount (around ~33K) plus 10K Other Charges

#When asked for details of Other Charges on e-mail, got a call explaining that its required for registration process, to give to agents, inspection etc!!

#When told that I bought a car a couple of weeks back and had hardly paid anything extra to the dealership, I was told that - that's how it is at Kawasaki..If you go to any other Kawaaki dealership they will charge even more.. management has told us this much is required for RTO

#During the conversation, they also mentioned that I can get it registered myself (probably to scare me?). But when I actually started discussing that angle (which they didn't expect?), they flipped saying - but the documents are in the system..and you cannot take bike to RTO without documents..thers warehouse entry that needs to be shown..you can't have access to those things etc etc

I think its time for vehicle manufacturers to put MRP stickers!!

Drifting towards sleep to dream about the green Shinobi, only to be shaken back into reality due to unprofessionalism of its keepers!
I think something like this happened with a prospective Nexon owner and he wrote a mail to Guenter Butschek,
Managing Director of Tata Motors. Here's the link to the post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4349032 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

I think it will be only fair to write to the MD of Kawasaki Motors explaining in clear, concise terms what the dealership is trying to do and whether it has been authorised by the highest levels of leadership at Kawasaki India? If not, then what corrective action are they planning to take against the erring dealership? In case the MD fails to reply maybe you would like to write to Kawasaki global - you can quote the example of the aforesaid Tata Nexon episode.

Kawasaki makes some great bikes but dour episodes like this that have dishonesty and corruption written all over them leave a bad taste in what would have been a pleasant and hassle-free buying experience.

All said and done, it is better to walk away from a corrupt dealership that tries to fleece you of your hard earned money on account of unwarranted and flimsy charges.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 26th September 2018 at 01:23.
Ironhide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 08:47   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Shoot a mail to IKM stating that you would like to get insurance and registration done by yourself, in short, you wish to pay the showroom only the ex-showroom price.

Whatever vehicles I have purchased or have gone with someone to buy, registering it by one self and insuring it saves a fair amount. I am sure if you get the insurance quote from a 3rd party or online, you will see at least a 5K difference.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 14:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
I think it will be only fair to write to the MD of Kawasaki Motors explaining in clear, concise terms what the dealership is trying to do and whether it has been authorised by the highest levels of leadership at Kawasaki India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Shoot a mail to IKM stating that you would like to get insurance and registration done by yourself, in short, you wish to pay the showroom only the ex-showroom price.
Planning to speak to them face to face over the weekend before writing to the company.

Quote:
Whatever vehicles I have purchased or have gone with someone to buy, registering it by one self and insuring it saves a fair amount. I am sure if you get the insurance quote from a 3rd party or online, you will see at least a 5K difference.
Yes! I think even if I take some agent's help, it shouldn't cost me more than 1000 bucks. Regarding insurance, due to the new 5 year rule, no one is sure about cost and offerings. I was told that the one provided by HDFC through Kawasaki is 1st year Zero Dep and rest 4 years comprehensive for ~16K. Call to Bajaj Allianz yielded nothing! They were clueless.
Old 26th September 2018, 19:38   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes! I think even if I take some agent's help, it shouldn't cost me more than 1000 bucks. Regarding insurance, due to the new 5 year rule, no one is sure about cost and offerings. I was told that the one provided by HDFC through Kawasaki is 1st year Zero Dep and rest 4 years comprehensive for ~16K. Call to Bajaj Allianz yielded nothing! They were clueless.
With respect to Insurance, I would suggest you to go ahead with the dealership, at the condition that they will take care of any claims completely without you having to run pillar to post to get everything done. I am not hoping for a claim, but that unfortunate day I dropped my bike while parking, I ended up with expenses close to 1L rupees, and the service center took care of all the process flawlessly and the insurance company did not ask a thing during approval and all the paperwork was taken care of. Hence, by experience I would suggest you to go ahead with the dealership quote, if they say that they have a good relationship with the insurance company. The body parts of the bike are atrociously priced and you would not do good without nil depreciation policy. Also add the return to invoice option if they offer it.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 00:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
With respect to Insurance, I would suggest you to go ahead with the dealership
I have claimed insurance 4 times for my 2 wheeler & its always the dealership who takes care of complete thing. In all the 4 cases I had never bought insurance from them.
The purpose of dealership being involved is because they make lot of money through insurance companies. If your bike's fuel tank has a small scratch you will not bother to change but if it is covered under insurance, you will definitely ask for a new tank. Thats the strategy which is worked by dealerships. They include maximum parts to be changed in the invoice. Also all dealerships have some kind of relationship with the insurance company's surveyor which makes it easy for them to pass things under claim.
And it is very evident that insurance bought from dealership is costlier compared to online or direct company. For the same reason some dealers are even ready to negotiate the insurance price as well.
Old 27th September 2018, 17:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Also add the return to invoice option if they offer it.
I was unaware of this option and searched about it after you mentioned. Will definitely ask for it. Also, can I add it to my already existing insurances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Also all dealerships have some kind of relationship with the insurance company's surveyor which makes it easy for them to pass things under claim.
And it is very evident that insurance bought from dealership is costlier compared to online or direct company. For the same reason some dealers are even ready to negotiate the insurance price as well.
Definitely dealers get a cut out of these transactions. But ,as you mentioned, they cannot deny any Insurance claim just because it was taken from outside. It's a bad publicity for both - the dealership and the insurance company. However, it helps to have a cordial relationship with the dealership in long run.
quickfox11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 01:24   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With respect to Insurance, I would suggest you to go ahead with the dealership, at the condition that they will take care of any claims completely without you having to run pillar to post to get everything done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I have claimed insurance 4 times for my 2 wheeler & its always the dealership who takes care of complete thing. In all the 4 cases I had never bought insurance from them...
As long as you have an insurance, once you leave the vehicle in the dealer, they'll take care of it. Of course, with some guys, they'll have a better rapport - you can still take the insurance from the preferred provider from the market and not through the dealer; if you are paranoid.
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely shoddy state of affairs!

I am in the market for a bike myself (details) and Ninja300 is a distant dream. But have been to Bajaj and TVS showrooms and they are also charging 4k-5k as "Other Charges". Also, surprisingly, even their ex-showroom is 4k-5k more than the cost mentioned on their website.Nobody wants to answer why, and honestly I am so frustrated with their ambiguous responses that I am kind of giving up on buying their bikes.

I was drifting towards Kawasaki, but your post kind of wakes me up! If they are as bad as others, I am fine with saving some money (a lot of it actually) and get a sub-standard buying experience anyways.

I have also tweeted the same to IKM. Planning to visit the Hyd dealer in few days, will check if they have these unethical practices as well -
Attached Images

Old 4th October 2018, 21:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to speak to them face to face over the weekend before writing to the company.

Did you make any progress on this?
Old 4th October 2018, 22:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Did you make any progress on this?
I had a very quick chat with the sales representative and heard the same words. I doubt they are gonna buzz. Thinking of wether to cancel the booking all together as I am really pressed for time these days to follow up multiple times.

Btw, did you get any reply from India Kawasaki?
Old 4th October 2018, 22:54   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, did you get any reply from India Kawasaki?

Nope! No response from India Kawasaki Motors. Will dig and find the email id of MD/CEO etc.

Edit: Just read the Nexon case. Maybe we can take them to court after buying the bike? Its a hassle, yes....

Last edited by shifu : 4th October 2018 at 23:07.
Old 23rd October 2018, 01:47   #60
Team-BHP Support

228 units of the Ninja 300 dispatched in Sep 2018!

Helps Kawasaki climb to No#1 premium sales spot ahead of Harley Davidson and Triumph.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd October 2018 at 02:41. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks