BHPian

Re: A Closer Look: 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Ex-showroom - 2,98,000/-
Registration and RTO Charges - 69,540/-
Insurance - 10,552/-
RSA - 3,591/-

RTO Charges seem to be on the higher side. Checking with them for an explanation.
Quick calculation on the ex showroom price suggests that there is a handling charge of Rs 10000 in there
udainxs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 20:08   #17
BHPian

Re: A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
IMHO there might be a few who will (only a few) for the apprehensions over overall product quality of this 'made in India' motorcycle.
No need for any apprehension, Indian manufacturing quality is no bad when compared to overseas plants for MNCs. I've personally seen as an insider.
As an empirical evidence please see all the overseas reviews of BMW 310 twins, nowhere low quality (manufacturing quality) was noticed or highlighted.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
No need for any apprehension, Indian manufacturing quality is no bad when compared to overseas plants for MNCs. I've personally seen as an insider.
As an empirical evidence please see all the overseas reviews of BMW 310 twins, nowhere low quality (manufacturing quality) was noticed or highlighted.
I hope you are correct this time. I have had many horror stories with some of the KTMs I owned. Similar are the stories of a lot other Bajaj and KTM owners. I can elaborate on another day, we are going off topic with this I think
Old 29th August 2018, 20:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
MRF tyres are a main concern expressed by many.
Are the tyres actually rubbish, or is it just fear of the brand?

A small anecdote.

I had a 2008 Yamaha R15 that came with MRFs, and those were utterly brilliant in the dry and wet. Prior to purchase, I too had apprehensions over an "Indian" brand and kept thinking of changing to Pirellis. A few reports mentioned the OEM MRF tyres were good, so I kept an open mind. When I finally laid my hands on my own bike, and pushed the MRF tyres to its limits, I totally abandoned my plans for a rubber upgrade - I found I kept hitting my skill and bravery limits well before the tyres reached theirs.

That opened my mind to the fact that the poor quality MRF tyres that came as OEM fitment on cars and two wheelers are actually made only to an OEM spec (mileage, longevity, etc.) & price point, and MRF's capabilities are up there with the big guns when given a spec like what Yamaha did.

Last edited by arunphilip : 29th August 2018 at 20:06.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 00:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
I hope you are correct this time. I have had many horror stories with some of the KTMs I owned.
I remember reading somewhere that the localization efforts by Kawasaki was very comprehensive. They were in talks with many vendors for a couple of years before finalizing the best one based on quality and fit/finish satisfaction. I overall quality of these 2 display bikes were looking extremely good (saw them in Pune on the first day of the launch). Just hoping the production ones follow the same trail.
quickfox11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 00:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Are the tyres actually rubbish, or is it just fear of the brand?

A small anecdote.

I had a 2008 Yamaha R15 that came with MRFs, and those were utterly brilliant in the dry and wet. Prior to purchase, I too had apprehensions over an "Indian" brand and kept thinking of changing to Pirellis. A few reports mentioned the OEM MRF tyres were good, so I kept an open mind. When I finally laid my hands on my own bike, and pushed the MRF tyres to its limits, I totally abandoned my plans for a rubber upgrade - I found I kept hitting my skill and bravery limits well before the tyres reached theirs.
Agreed. Most of the concern expressed by the public could be due to the 'Indian' brand - MRF.

My concern comes from reading poor ownership experiences on the Yamaha R3 which came with these tyres, pre-facelift. It did come with these same combination of tyres from MRF and was heavily criticised. You can check posts like the below for more details -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4030869
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 08:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

Deliveries to start on September 9th -

A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS-instimage2.jpg
Old 30th August 2018, 09:28   #23
BHPian

I personally loved MY16 Ninja 300 which I owned for a couple of years.

The KRT edition looks funny with the green pout at the front.

The green and white theme was something else but missed ABS though which the bike will have now finally.

A Close Look: The 2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS-img_2833.jpg

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 12:48   #24
BHPian

I was convincing my self to go for N300 but below 2 factors are always holding me back
- Low GC
- Reviews about expensive & pathetic service support in BLR

Now thinking of R3, but one thought holds me back
- Updated version can be launched anytime.

Any guidance from the experts!
Old 6th September 2018, 18:00   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I was convincing my self to go for N300 but below 2 factors are always holding me back
- Low GC

Now thinking of R3, but one thought holds me back
- Updated version can be launched anytime.

Any guidance from the experts!
They just recently relaunched the R3 with ABS and updates, don't think an update is coming out anytime soon. WHat might thpugh happen is a price reduction to counter Ninja 300 sales.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 18:32   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Expensive? Yes. No doubt.
Pathetic? Dont think so. Its just about average though. Not very crowded, but not very eager to serve as well. Service parts availability not an issue, but accident parts might need to be ordered from Pune.

That said - only four regular services might come in during the warranty beyond and beyond which there are multiple independent and competent garages around Bangalore now. Even if you stick to authorized centers, the difference in costs I imagine would be around 3k INR for every 6k kms.

So there is not much to differentiate w.r.t costs over the long term as well, considering the initial price difference between the two.

Better to TD both and decide on the one that appeals to your heart. Both these bikes feel different, unlike what the spec sheets suggest.
Old 6th September 2018, 18:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
WHat might thpugh happen is a price reduction to counter Ninja 300 sales.
Does Yamaha work on such competition basis? Never heard it doing earlier specially price reduction but if at all thats the case, it is better to wait & watch.
N300 price reduction was achieved through localization but what might be the way Yamaha achieves that in R3?
Old 6th September 2018, 18:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does Yamaha work on such competition basis? Never heard it doing earlier specially price reduction but if at all thats the case, it is better to wait & watch.
N300 price reduction was achieved through localization but what might be the way Yamaha achieves that in R3?
Probably cut profits, but ninja has a much better brand value in India, and also a little better desirability, so ninja will definitely sell better then the R3, specially with it being priced lower too now.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 20:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
WHat might thpugh happen is a price reduction to counter Ninja 300 sales.
A close friend got the R3 after waiting a couple of weeks after the launch of N300 with ABS, hoping Yamaha would change their pricing or atleast come up with some good offers/freebies. But dealerships told that neither there are any immediate plans to reduce the prices, nor they are planning any offers to counter the Kawasaki pricings. Its a premium segment product which is already at a very competitive price by the company.

Guess they are waiting to see the actual sales numbers of N300. If their sales slice is reduced, they might wanna do something about it.
quickfox11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:54   #30
BHPian

This article says Nov 2018 for R25 launch.

https://indianautosblog.com/2018/09/...-report-314316

Most Viewed