Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2018, 07:56   #91
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350

Thats just half of it. The Pegasus which is being offered in Argentina has

ABS!

https://www.motopress.com.ar/lanzami...-000-00005774/

"ABS: de serie Dual Channel"
rascalangel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 08:11   #92
Team-BHP Support

Re: Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
A Pegasus owner have filed an RTI questioning government about absense of ABS in the motorcycle.
Because all NEW motorcycles introduced in India requires ABS. Existing bikes had time till mid-2019. And Pegasus 500 is NOT an all new motorcycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Let me add some fuel to the already raging fire!!
RE themselves doing it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
ABS!
Not an issue because the India spec model was never promised with ABS.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 13:18   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Let me add some fuel to the already raging fire!!
Honestly anyone with half a brain could see that it was a paint job which they could have done themselves
timuseravan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 13:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus owner files RTI & questions Govt about the absence of ABS.

Quote:
The Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 saga never seems to end. Owners of this limited edition motorcycle are still dissatisfied with Royal Enfield's response to the issue they had raised about the Classic 500 Pegasus not featuring dual-channel ABS even though the cheaper Classic 350 Signals edition motorcycle received this crucial, life-saving feature. Now, a Pegasus 500 owner, Anuj Singh, has gone a step ahead and filed a Right to Information (RTI) application with the Indian government's transport ministry. Here's a video where he explains the reasons for doing so.

In the RTI application, Mr. Singh has questioned the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH). In the application, he asks why the Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 sold in India does not have ABS despite an April 2018 government circular asking all two-wheeler makers to equip new two-wheelers with engine capacities over 125cc with ABS.

Confusion is rife on whether ABS is mandatory only on completely new motorcycles launched after April 2018. or if even new variants need to feature this technology. It's likely that the former is true for now, as a lot of motorcycle makers have launched new variants of existing motorcycles without ABS even after April 2018. In fact, existing motorcycles have time until April 2019 to comply with the mandatory ABS norm.

It is expected that the RTI application may clear the confusion surrounding the exact date from which all 125cc+ motorcycles sold in India would feature ABS as standard. As for Royal Enfield, they could defend the Classic 500 Pegasus not having ABS at launch by stating that the motorcycle is merely a new variant of the Classic 500 - which has been on sale in India for nearly 8 years now.

Royal Enfield has begun equipping motorcycles with dual channel ABS. While the Classic 350 Signals Edition was the first Royal Enfield motorcycle sold in India to receive this safety feature, the Himalayan and Classic 500 models have now been equipped with this technology. By the end of this year, all Royal Enfield motorcycles sold in India will have dual channel ABS as standard. In fact, the brand has been exporting ABS-equipped motorcycles to Europe for many months now.
News Source: https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/en...ewsid-96895122
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 13:46   #95
BHPian

Now the Pegasus owners have latched on to the fact that their bikes doesn't have ABS while 350cc Signals has one. But then when these people bought the bikes knowing that there is no ABS, did they expect ABS to grow on the bike eventually? This has to be an ideal case of sour grapes. ABS is no doubt a life-saving feature. So paying a premium price for a bike without ABS wasn't the most prudent financial decision!
ksameer1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 17:47   #96
BANNED

Apart from sheer laziness, what reason could a Bullet owner have for not doing all the upgrades that the company has, by himself through an FNG. There is certainly nothing hi-tech about new paint schemes, seat covers and the little bits n bobs that RE adds to an existing model and launches as a limited / unlimited version. I remember an FNG in Kurla pushing out modded REs exactly like these versions, back in 2006. Matt finished metal parts, lollipop coloured tanks and side panels and disc brakes for the front and rear !
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 12:51   #97
BHPian

No offence to any Pegasus owners, but I, frankly, don't see what the fuss is about. Didn't the people who bought the Pegasus know that it was a little more than a paintjob. Or were they not aware of the Government ruling about ABS.

To be honest I ride my Bullet for its old world charm & relaxed characteristics and not for its sophisticated safety equipment (of which it has none). Heck, after I took my dad on a ride, he scorned that it had Disc brakes and how I will never learn "engine braking" because of this.
I have always known it's limits on highways and while offroading and adhere to them.
Yes, RE has a certain business model and its meaningless to blame them for it when they have millions of dedicated followers and new buyers over decades of being in business. If more people do due diligence about the company and about their own aspirations from their vehicles this scenario could have been easily avoided for most of them.

Irrespective of levels of equipment available, my experience over owning a Bullet across generations is that if you are not mechanically minded and do not have a proper Bullet mechanic (not the A.S.S. guys) tending to your vehicle, you will not enjoy the ownership.

This thread should serve as as a reminder to anyone planning to buy an RE, especially first time bike owners, be very aware and do a lot of background study and trial rides before committing to something that will, undoubtedly, require a lot of your attention and resolve.
revvenant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 13:31   #98
Team-BHP Support

Zigwheels adds some fuel to the fire as well -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 14:28   #99
BHPian

RE may be planning to buyback Pegasus 500 from dissatisfied customers according to this link-

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...k-pegasus-500/

Quote:
The company is reportedly planning a buyback program for the dissatisfied (angered) customers. Dealers will take the units off the disgruntled owners' hands and resell them to informed customers who know what to expect. According to Business Today, however, the number of angry customers who manifested themselves is overall pretty low, which shouldn’t represent a major expense for the manufacturer

But I don't find any official confirmation yet
pacman2881 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 16:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
The complaining owners of Pegasus ‘limited edition’ are getting roasted here, but pause and think for a moment.
=====
Of course, not all owners are like that, but for me there is too much of superficial stuff going on around these bikes. This Pegasus saga is a result of such behaviour.
True that!

RE is/has been and will continue to duck questions about the reliability and pathetic quality of the bikes coming out its stable. The only folks who deserve a pat on their back and a fat raise in the salary in the RE work hierarchy are marketing guys who dismiss every serious flaw in the bike with one of the below template answers:-
1."It's the character of the bike!!!"
2."It's not meant to be driven like a race bike...its a heritage vehicle!!"
3."You are the first customer who has such an issue, other customers are ecstatic with the ownership!!"
4."The bike needs attention, you have to be a mechanically inclined guy...don't tell me you aren't!!"

As for the current Fiasco, RE is a company which considers any publicity to be good publicity, so the disgruntled Pegasus 500 owners have not only burnt their fingers financially but have also unwittingly saved millions for the RE Marketing Team!
Old 24th September 2018, 12:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
With the aforesaid debate.. one RE lover is so heartbroken, that he throws his limited edition, INR 2 lakh rupees bike into the garbage dump!

Source (Article in Kannada essentially summarizes the discussion in this thread).

Attachment 1796271
OT: This guy who spent time and money for such wacky modifications (the alloys, headlight & indicator covers etc.) , should have bought a dessert storm and done the Pegasus decals and accessory attachments by himself.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:21   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
RE may be planning to buyback Pegasus 500
More on this has come out. Here is a similar article from Cartoq along with a YouTube video of one such owner who was contacted by RE dealership with an exchange option. As per the report, RE is offering the dissatisfied customers either an RE Desert Strom 500 or Class 500 with ABS as an exchange.

https://www.cartoq.com/pegasus-500-r...-angry-owners/

All those owners who are crying over the issue bought the limited edition Pegasus 500 just for the show. They only connected to these bikes by their looks and nothing else. But when RE launched the limited edition in the market, they had more story to it than just the paint scheme. If it was just the paint scheme they liked, they could have gone for a regular desert storm version and could have modified it to look like one. Why go behind a limited edition version without really connecting to the entire concept of that production model.

Ride Safe
R-Six

Last edited by R-Six : 25th September 2018 at 17:22. Reason: Updated the URL
Old 25th September 2018, 19:27   #103
Senior - BHPian

Dealers from certain cities are going to offer compensation to Pegasus owners. This isn't an action from RE itself, but from some of their dealers.

Source: Motoroids
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 21:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
As for the current Fiasco, RE is a company which considers any publicity to be good publicity, so the disgruntled Pegasus 500 owners have not only burnt their fingers financially but have also unwittingly saved millions for the RE Marketing Team!
As has this forum through this thread.

Pages and pages of opinions on a sticker-job Classic 500, serves to keep Royal Enfield on top of the hits here.

Enfield will be saying a huge thank you.
Old 1st October 2018, 09:52   #105
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Okay, now I feel that all the Pegasus owners involved in this are behaving like fools. Have come across this email and Royal Enfield has gone so far as to offering them a FULL REFUND if they want. I feel Royal Enfield has bent over backward to accommodate the whiners.

But the complaining won't stop.

Dude, if you don't like it, just take the money back and get another bike.

Quote:
Dear Mr Siddharth/Rudratej/Royal Enfield team,

We all Pegasus buyers were recently contacted by your team and given the following options:

1. All the buyers can return their Pegasus bikes and take back a full refund.
2. Pegasus owners can return the bike and pick any other bike, and also the difference amount will be given back to buyers.
3. If a Pegasus buyer wants to keep the bike, he will be given a 1-year extra warranty and 2 extra free services along with a helmet.

With all this, your company is nowhere talking about any action taken to save the limited edition of Indian Pegasus bikes as committed by Royal Enfield during the Pegasus launch. Your company has used almost everything (including the Round RE logo, stenciled unique number designing on petrol tank, positioning and designing of regiment number logo and TP 28 at the back of the rear wheel guard) from the Pegasus to the Signals 350cc bike launched in India. But, during the Pegasus bike launch, you and your team informed customers across the world and in India that all these are taken from Royal Enfield's bike used in WWll by the British Pegasus regiment.

I myself and my whole team of Pegasus buyers as Indian customers want to know, what is true? Did you tell us lies during your marketing of the Pegasus bike, or you yourself and your company stole everything from Pegasus to the Signals 350cc, and you told lies to Indian customers that Royal Enfield Pegasus would be a limited edition bike and only 250 of such bikes will be sold in India.

I myself and my whole team of Pegasus buyers as Indian customers want to know who will compensate for the mental and emotional trauma suffered by all the Pegasus buyers in India with your action of marketing lies during the Pegasus launch and launching a copy of the Pegasus in India as mass production within weeks of the Pegasus delivery, and destroying the value of limited edition for Indian buyers.

Even if any Pegasus buyer returns the bike due to cheating done by Royal Enfield, how will you make sure that the limited edition of the Pegasus bike will be preserved by not copying/stealing the Pegasus limited edition design to Signals 350cc for buyers who will take the ownership of used Pegasus bikes.

How will your organisation justify the discrimination done by Royal Enfield, by denying the ABS feature to Indian buyers, when the same feature is provided in UK, USA, Australia, Argentina and European customers.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2018 at 10:32.
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks