Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 10:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350

Quote:
Dear Mr Siddharth/Rudratej/Royal Enfield team,

I myself and my whole team of Pegasus buyers as Indian customers want to know who will compensate for the mental and emotional trauma suffered by all the Pegasus buyers in India with your action of marketing lies during the Pegasus launch and launching a copy of the Pegasus in India as mass production within weeks of the Pegasus delivery, and destroying the value of limited edition for Indian buyers.
Mental and emotional trauma seems a bit much, in my opinion at least

Quote:
How will your organisation justify the discrimination done by Royal Enfield, by denying the ABS feature to Indian buyers, when the same feature is provided in UK, USA, Australia, Argentina and European customers.
This is due to the laws of the land right. ABS is now mandatory anyway. A full refund is being provided, so best to take it and wash hands of the RE brand forever. Not many companies give this option I suppose
arvind71181 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 10:48   #107
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350

Very rarely does RE do the right thing and I must say that I didn't expect the 100% refund and buyback offer. Pretty decent of them to do this. Of course, it is always easier to not try stupid things but as far as this episode is concerned its all water under the bridge.
The pegasus owners who have already ended up with egg on their faces seem to be determined to make even bigger fools of themselves. What a bunch of prima donnas.
Roy.S is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:11   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have come across this email and Royal Enfield has gone so far as to offering them a FULL REFUND if they want.
OMG, the whinging. What a bunch of ass hats.

This is the best case scenario for them, I can safely say, I am not the only one who thinks this issue would be resolved like this. I would say kudos to RE for doing the right thing and giving multiple options.

I believe these guys expected to make a quick buck off of these bikes as its a "Limited Edition". I guess they forgot that apart from the paint job there is nothing unique about this bike. They are being unreasonable is expecting more than what they paid for the bike!!

P.S: Where is that Pegasus that was dumped in garbage?
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Heights of stupidity. I guess the owner who wrote that article is expecting some monetary benefit from the company, by blaming trauma and emotional stress. There are numerous cases where buyers had been disappointed - like Honda slashing prices of the previous gen City, Ford shaving off 1.2L from the Ecosport when Brezza was launched, the previous gen Dzires being used for fleet services are all some examples I can think of at this point.

If ABS was promised and then not provided, I see a point for the owners to whine about. But they flocked the website and bought all the available units in 178 seconds, fully knowing that they are not getting ABS while the US version will have ABS. If they really cared about safety, they should not have bought this Pegasus edition in the first place.

And now, after RE giving them so many options, if they still crib about it, no one really can save those traumatized poor buyers

Edit: RE should revise their offer to these Pegasus owner and offer them full refund, and then some tablets and counselling courses for trauma. I guess that should solve everything

Last edited by aravind.anand : 1st October 2018 at 11:40.
aravind.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:48   #110
BHPian

The maximum that RE can do here is to offer a full refund and they have gone ahead and made that offer. Honestly, what more can these Pegasus owners ask for? Not happy with the bike, take a refund and go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I guess the owner who wrote that article is expecting some monetary benefit from the company, by blaming trauma and emotional stress.
That certainly looks to be the case. I guess seeing the publicity that this issue has got, a few owners must have thought of milking this issue to the maximum.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 11:48   #111
BHPian

Oh for crying out loud, what a bunch of whiners.

First time seeing a company gives full refund / change of product for a reason which is not related to the product being a lemon or not as advertised (respect to RE if it's true).

There was no legal requirement for RE to do so, still they did it as a goodwill gesture , and the owners now want compensation for "mental trauma" , I mean, what mental trauma ? Wasn't the bike as advertised ? If you don't like it, company is providing an option for full refund, take it and move on.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 1st October 2018 at 11:50.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:08   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Oh for crying out loud, what a bunch of whiners.
I think they considered themselves as some sort of winners

Even I tried to buy one but could not succeed though in my case, registration was closed by the time I found the details.

So I am not sure if it's entirely the money these guys are after or a sense of loss after winning something that was considered as a prized possession.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st October 2018 at 13:09.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:54   #113
BHPian

Right from day 1 of this issue, I thought of them as a bunch of fools and whiners who thought they will be treated like royalty just because they had overpaid for a common motorcycle with a different paintwork in a lottery. Now they have went ahead and proved the same to the rest of the world who were supporting them. All these auto websites like Zigwheels, Cartoq etc. are just egging them on so they can get page views out of this. Pretty pathetic all around except for RE who did much more than they are expected of.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 14:46   #114
BHPian

RE should have simply put a timeline for the exchange and refund. Most of these idiots would have been in the showroom closing the case.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 14:55   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, now I feel that all the Pegasus owners involved in this are behaving like fools. Have come across this email and Royal Enfield has gone so far as to offering them a FULL REFUND if they want. I feel Royal Enfield has bent over backward to accommodate the whiners.

But the complaining won't stop.

Dude, if you don't like it, just take the money back and get another bike.
Well I still see some sense in what the guys are talking about. First, this was supposed to be a limited edition with some emotion attached to the bikes used during WW II.

For me, Enfield was there and done it (during the war period) and that's the legacy we are talking about here, that's the emotion that is connected to the
bike even if its just a sticker job. Imagine any other biker maker who was not even remotely connected to the WW era (let alone participate in the war) coming up with the tribute and doing similar sticker job. I am sure there will be takers but doubt if there will be any emotions attached to it.

Approach by Royal Enfield seems more like shutting up the negative comments floating around and the company just seems to come clean in front of the general public. For me, as a company that respects and takes pride in its legacy, should have avoided this overlapping of limited edition strategy and still stood with the Pegasus owners by assuring them the exclusivity.
Old 1st October 2018, 15:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Imagine any other biker maker who was not even remotely connected to the WW era (let alone participate in the war) coming up with the tribute and doing similar sticker job.
Bajaj did it and it was more than a sticker job. V15 had the metal from the INS Vikrant.

The point here is: If the Pegasus 500 was bought for the emotional attachment alone, the injustice the owners are highlighting about would not have bothered them at all.

REL is offering a very fair compensation. They should just take it and move on.

Last edited by k88k : 1st October 2018 at 15:12. Reason: Typo corrected
k88k is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 15:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Bajaj did it and it was more than a sticker job. V15 had the metal from the INS Vikrant.

The point here is: If the Pegasus 500 was bought for the emotional attachment alone, the injustice the owners are highlighting about would not have bothered them at all.

REL is offering a very fair compensation. They should just take it and move on.
Sorry to go off topic, but not a fair comparison here. INS Vikrant was salvaged which was bought by Bajaj (not sure how many tons of metal) and included some of it in the V15 bike... Being part of an era directly and buying scrap are two different things to me
Old 1st October 2018, 16:14   #118
BHPian

There is no comparison at all! Just a example of another OEM you had missed to consider, a product of which had an association with a war.

I can talk further on why Bajaj's attempt was much better than REL's but than that would be comparing. Let us leave it at that.
k88k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 16:36   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

And now, after RE giving them so many options, if they still crib about it, no one really can save those traumatized poor buyers

Edit: RE should revise their offer to these Pegasus owner and offer them full refund, and then some tablets and counselling courses for trauma. I guess that should solve everything
I would suggest launching a line of Royal Enfield branded teddy bears and soft toys with the first lot given free to the Pegasus owners. This might stop all the bawling. Further, RE stores should have "safe spaces"; i.e rooms filled with RE soft toys and a resident shrink where a wronged customer can be counselled and put on the road to recovery from this traumatic experience.
Roy.S is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 17:26   #120
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, now I feel that all the Pegasus owners involved in this are behaving like fools. Have come across this email and Royal Enfield has gone so far as to offering them a FULL REFUND if they want. I feel Royal Enfield has bent over backward to accommodate the whiners.

But the complaining won't stop.

Dude, if you don't like it, just take the money back and get another bike.
Thats an extremely great gesture and offer from Royal Enfield. They have bent more than backwards to give in to the demands of the Pegasus owners. And not only that, they have provided an option to all the Pegasus owners - based on those :
1. who want to sell it
2. who want to exchange it for another RE and
3. who wish to retain them

What more do the Pegasus owners want? This is what you wanted, right? This is what you are getting from RE (similarly when you bought the RE). Take it or leave it. Sometimes its best to stop fighting / bickering, bury the hatchet and move on.

If it were me - I would have taken my entire refund - and then saved it for the RE650.

Pause for a while and think about this "When was the last time you ever heard of any company providing you a 100% refund on a product which was delivered as promised". Heck, in todays world - companies refuse a refund even on a defective product. Agreed that it was a limited edition product - but today that's just a marketing gimmick. For me, a limited edition product is something that cannot be easily replicated or re-built. A basic sticker / decals on a car/bike - these are just selling baits - nothing more.

The perfect examples of limited editions that I have come across are :
  • Fiat Palio S10 edition (unique paint job, body kit, alloys)
  • Opel Astra Club (had all the bells and whistles along with a unique alloy design in those days when alloys were a luxury item)
  • Kawasaki Winter edition motorcycles
  • Maruti Zen Carbon and Steele (unique 2 door design)

Anyways, my suggestion to all Pegasu owners. Take your 100% refund. Save it for the Interceptor.
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks