Team-BHP - Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Royal Enfield Pegasus 500 owners feel cheated, express disappointment over cheaper Signals 350 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/201422-royal-enfield-pegasus-500-owners-feel-cheated-express-disappointment-over-cheaper-signals-350-a-9.html)

So far I have interacted with 6-8 of the Pegasus owners on twitter. Few observations from their recent activities on social media -

- They are all well connected and they seem to plan all their actions with perfect sync
- Confronting one Pegasus owner will get you 3 or 4 Pegasus owner when the owner replies to you in abusive language.
- They all feel 'cheated' despite getting just what they were advertised when they rushed for the online sale like they do for those Chinese smart phone flash sales.
- They all back each other up, and they really seem to be wallowing in self-pity - "You will know when a company cheats you", "You are not owner, you will not know the pain" were repeated by several owners as if they rehearsed it to shout in unison
- None of them could understand basic facts like ABS being a requirement in Argentina and that is why the Pegasus editions for that market had ABS
- They are all hyper aggressive, and switch from rude tone to foul language the moment you : a) try to explain b) question their choice c) remotely sound like supporting RE
- One chap wanted to blackmail RE, and has had the time to sit and reply to every single Interceptor 650 or Continental 650 review or tweet with a video of him brooding about Pegasus, and with words like RE cheated me, this is how they cheat Indians - Wonder what his actual day job is.
- I have asked them the million dollar question - you have three options, why not choose one and end the matter right here. No one replied directly to that, but they all resorted to abusive language and how RE has cheated them all over again.

The whole loop continues! :Frustrati

PS: Do not even attempt to make the Pegasus owners understand reality, as we might end up in trauma care along with them :D

These Pegasus owners are playing a very shrewd game - my guess is a good share of the 250 odd buyers bought the bike to own and retain it for a long period; while keeping it in good shape and with the eventual expectation that it will be worth a lot lot more in the future as a limited edition bike.

With the Signals version coming out, the exclusivity of this loses shine; even though there might be several relevant differences. Also if Signals turns out to be a great hit (which seems to be the case), what stops RE from launching similar options for other RE bikes - say a GT Continental in a pro-military avataar and so on.

Are all 250 owners having this clarity? Probably not. But it takes only a few to appraise the larger group; and with everyone benefiting from the push, I don't see any owner going against the movement.

I'm guessing they will push for two things (in addition to the options already provided) - a cash component as compensation and some kind of moderation on future launches to ensure the Pegasus has some exclusivity in the longer run.

Whether they will be successful - only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 4470579)
Further, RE stores should have "safe spaces"; i.e rooms filled with RE soft toys and a resident shrink where a wronged customer can be counselled and put on the road to recovery from this traumatic experience.

Isn't that called RIDER MANIA? lol:

This entire fraternity reminds me of the flat earth society.

My 2 cents on this:

1) I find the bike quite nice looking, even when compared to the signals edition.
2) Met one Pegasus owner who was surely disappointed but was OK with her choice. The only negative being the absence of ABS.
3) RE's handling of this issue has been a disaster. Especially the extremely stupid 'explanation' they had offered initially. They could have just offered to retrofit ABS onto these bikes and shut everyone up. Its just 250 bikes.
4) Still, i feel the options given by RE now are absolutely fine. Just choose one and be done with it!

I know owners are not happy about it. But as mentioned in earlier posts, they booked bikes on an impulse without ever seeing it in flesh. The Pegasus is a premium lifestyle offering from RE aimed at fans with deep pockets who want to make a statement when they roll into a Gentleman's Ride. And the owners bought it for that exact reason knowing full well. Please stop cribbing now. Personally id stay away from all RE limited editions as they never have any actual technical advantage over the regular bikes.

Cheers.

I think the best anticipated option for the current owners will be, RE to stop the manufacturing of Signals version, so that Pegasus uniqueness will be maintained. Which is impossible to happen. So unless RE keeps some timeline for acting on the three outcomes, this drama will keep on repeating like daily tv soap which goes nowhere after many episodes.

I feel that the RE Pegasus controversy is getting into an unending loop. According to me, it has more to do with the Pegasus owners starting the agitation without really knowing what they want Royal Enfield as a company should do.

The protest initially started with the owners dumping their bikes as trash to talks about taking the manufacturer to the court. But when RE came up with a sensible solution and alternative to the disgruntled owners, they are in a shock. Not sure what to do next. Hence they are repeating their same lines “cheated” “owner’s pain” and the likes.

Of course, I’m not one of those “unfortunate owner” who cannot understand the “pain” they are going through, I believe that it is high time they put an end to this drama. Either accept one of the options offered by the RE or just stick to the Pegasus and continue cribbing about how they got cheated.

What a bunch of cry babies. And also drama of throwing bike in garbage dump. Will anyone believe it ? People buying RE stuff exactly know what they are getting into. I cant imagine the level the stupidity people have displayed thinking Pegasus will be worth a load of cash later. They have got an excellent deal from RE now. That's the best a company can do. The owners should shut up and accept it or enjoy riding the bikes. Is ABS such a must have. People have been running REs on drums for ages now.

This is going to be a RE Classic (Pun Intended) story for ages.

RE may or may Not have goofed up. But they did make all necessary corrections and have provided a really decent solution.

I do wonder if they are refunding the taxes and insurance value as well or just the Ex-Showroom cost. Irrespective the complainents should take the money, shut their mouths and if they still want a RE buy the 650 in a few months.

It's a Ego battle that remains for a few.

RE needs to put October 2018 as time limit for their offer maybe just upto 15th Oct.

Rushlane apparently has shared a letter from Royal Enfield to a customer on the Pegasus issue.

Link to the article below:
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.r...-12283882.html

Silent protest by a customer who feels cheated.
https://youtu.be/Ijdm7AEtHn0

Wow, It's still going on, and just seeing the thumbnail, I feel no sympathy for this guy. RE has spoken, dealers have spoken, why don't these guys understand, this is the end of the road, make a choice, and get on with your life.

I really think mods should lock this thread for good now.

So much wastage of paper for stupid slide show. If he wanted to show his face, he could have used it as a template for a powerpoint slide, rather than wasting so many pages.

Good possibility that this will be turned into a meme. This videos is a good base for narrating any story on the pages he is turning :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 4470341)
Edit: RE should revise their offer to these Pegasus owner and offer them full refund, and then some tablets and counselling courses for trauma. I guess that should solve everything :D

:uncontrol That one had me in splits. A good way to start work after a tiring meeting.

I too feel Royal Enfield has taken a fair step forward. They addressed their customers feedback. Gave options.
Wish other manufacturers too followed similar steps. Respond with options to address issues.

:D the devil in me acting up now, I feel like meeting a Pegasus owner and saying "Nice Classic Signal, how much did you pay, how good is the ABS..."

Lets take alook at some of his slides !
>> Disappointed Royal Enfield Pegasus customers, fair enough.
>> Fooled 250 customers ,he agrees that he got fooled.
>> Hype created by RE ,he agrees that it was all hype and he bought it.
>> Unique design , like really, but it wasnt actually, so he got fooled on that too !
>> Unique logos , so that was one of the points considered while buying a RE stupid:
>> Unique stencil numbers ! I dont know what to say !
>> Blah , basically thats what this video is !
>> Pegasus is no more a unique bike, like we all didnt know this !
>> RE encashed customer's emotions, that was the plan all along !
>> Money got wasted, well RE is buying back the bike !
>> Company cares only about sales etc, very true, thats why they exist in the first place!
>> They are not Royal, they are Enfield, just some words to increase the number of slides ! lol:

Honestly this is hilarious now, RE has done something which i think has never been done before and we still have people who are just being difficult just because they know they will get an audience on social media !

As per the latest article from Rushlane, latest efforts from Royal Enfield to pacify the disgruntled owners is to offer them one of the 650 twins as a replacement. The Pegasus owners are of course expected to bear the additional cost of the bike though.

It looks like there is no end to this cry saga.

Link to the article: https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfie...-12283478.html

Ride safe,
R-Six

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-Six (Post 4484426)
Royal Enfield to pacify the disgruntled owners is to offer them one of the 650 twins as a replacement.

What a sweet deal! A chance to forget one stupid decision and get a much much better deal instead. The 650 twins are lightyears ahead of the Pegasus.

I'll be shocked if they still cry to have their genuine stickers back. :eek: